Amount

Vote for your favourite SGI Workshop 1.3 Story

03 May 2005 16:51 #1005 by admin
There were 6 entries to the SGI Workshop 1.3 (Theme: Ubergirl vs Ubergirl) Thank you to everyone who contributed. Once again, the standard is exceptionally high.

Read the stories at: www.superwomenmania.com/storybank/index-d.html then vote for your favourite here!

Comments on any of the 6 stories can also be posted here.

admin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• admin
  • admin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
04 May 2005 13:13 #1016 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Great day indeed
Thanks for all the entries. We are all winners today!

Had to give my blue ribbon to Conceptfan however. I really enjoyed part 7 of a Little Bit Of Fun. Close 2nd was the new MarkNew story. Glad to see he is getting back into writing.

• Sarge395
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
04 May 2005 16:49 #1022 by MackTheMouse2
Replied by MackTheMouse2 on topic how many times can we vote?
Sigh. Once again, I liked more than one of the stories (besides mine), and I've got two questions-

How many votes do we get?

What's the criteria, is there something specific we should value more than anything else, or are we supposed to just vote for whatever keyed off our own interests more, or ?

More
04 May 2005 18:19 #1026 by admin
It's strictly one vote per member. It's your vote - you can use it as you see fit.

admin.

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
04 May 2005 18:23 #1028 by marknew742
Hey, Sarge, glad you liked it. I've never stopped writing though. Pendant Changes is my latest. There are eight chapters posted on DtV and She Grew.

Mark

More
04 May 2005 19:13 #1032 by brantley
There's a formatting problem with MarkNew's story, at least on my browser. Similar to that yesterday with DKC's, which has been fixed.

More
04 May 2005 19:31 #1033 by marknew742
I noticed that too. I hope the admin can fix it. If not download it and open it in a text editor or word processing program that has a word wrap function.

More
04 May 2005 21:12 #1036 by argonaut
Since Mack submitted TWO stories ...

Is the winner of the poll the AUTHOR who gets the most votes or the author of the STORY that gets the most votes?

Suppose "Ubergirl Story #1" gets more votes than any other story -- but less than the COMBINED tally for Mack's two stories ... who wins?

More
04 May 2005 21:41 #1037 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Comments
Loved your latest story Mark. I did the 'save as' text thing and it was formatted fine for reading.

Loved your Jilly Milly and Lilly Lane stories the best. I like the superheroines/villains to be beautiful women who hide their true strength. Big muscles are a big turn off for me. Superlad was very good as well. I only go to DTV to see if either you or Dru have anything new. The other stuff seems to be mostly muscular women, giantesses, or normal girls into karate, etc.

• Sarge395
More
05 May 2005 02:21 #1040 by MackTheMouse2
Replied by MackTheMouse2 on topic one vote? only one?
This suxxor.

Can people other than authors vote in the poll?

Argonaut - y'know, I was just gonna ask that...

(bwahahaha... the more stories I write, the more people I'm likely to appeal to, and the more people will join the forum and visit other websites, and... oh, wait, that's the whole point, isn't it?)

Deadline's over, but I want to see more stories!

More
05 May 2005 02:38 #1042 by ultragirl
He said "suxxor"! 8)

This is so hard to pick! They are all so freaking good! :( I hate having to pick one favorite. I'm not going to reveal my vote for that very reason. To the person I voted for, it was by a MARGIN! Thank you everyone for such a wonderful collection! This contest turns out more stories than I find in a months time pretty much anywhere else. Thank you.

Now that finals are over, I can really do some work that I owe Brantley!

More
05 May 2005 04:56 #1044 by argonaut
Replied by argonaut on topic Re: one vote? only one?

Argonaut - y'know, I was just gonna ask that...

(bwahahaha... the more stories I write, the more people I'm likely to appeal to, and the more people will join the forum and visit other websites, and... oh, wait, that's the whole point, isn't it?)

Yes, but if the winner is the author of the STORY with the most votes, by submitting more than one story you risk becoming your own Ralph Nader ...

Sheesh! 13 people have voted already, and I've only read one of the stories. I hope the poll remains open through the weekend.

More
05 May 2005 09:56 #1047 by admin

Is the winner of the poll the AUTHOR who gets the most votes or the author of the STORY that gets the most votes

The rules are clear on this one. This is a STORY Workshop, not an AUTHOR Workshop. The "winner" will be the story with the most votes.

admin

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
05 May 2005 09:57 #1048 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: one vote? only one?

I hope the poll remains open through the weekend.

There's a 7-day voting period, so the poll closes on Tuesday.

admin.

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
05 May 2005 09:59 #1049 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Brandi 3.5
Brandi 3.5 has been reformatted and re-uploaded to the storybank.

admin

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
05 May 2005 14:36 #1055 by lfan
Kudos to all the authors for great submissions!! Glad to see some new authors participate this time round! I think now the count of unique authors particiapting in the workshops is like 14-15! Outstanding!

My apologies as real life kinda body slammed me this go round as I was in the midst of my story. My hope is I'll have it ready next week and posted to the bank, albeit too late for the voting. Its a sequel to Zupergirl and I'm like halfway through it......

Again, thanks to all who participated!!

LF

More
05 May 2005 14:47 #1060 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: Comments
Sarge --

We musta been separated at birth! Same story proclivities, same fav authors.

Loved Marknew's Lilly Lane and Oh No 3 the best! Hope to see more!!
Marknew, if listening, thanks for contributing!

Peace
LF

Loved your latest story Mark. I did the 'save as' text thing and it was formatted fine for reading.

Loved your Jilly Milly and Lilly Lane stories the best. I like the superheroines/villains to be beautiful women who hide their true strength. Big muscles are a big turn off for me. Superlad was very good as well. I only go to DTV to see if either you or Dru have anything new. The other stuff seems to be mostly muscular women, giantesses, or normal girls into karate, etc.

More
05 May 2005 17:29 #1064 by MackTheMouse2
Replied by MackTheMouse2 on topic awwww.... poll results
I guess people don't like anime catgirls....

S'allright, I wrote that because I just had to, not 'cause I thought it was particularly appropriate. Maybe later episodes will generate more appeal.

Here's a big question. Since I wrote "Super Teen Story" based largely on Cfan's "Super Models", do we have to split the votes it generates?

:)

More
05 May 2005 18:23 #1066 by brantley
Mack:

Maybe people here aren't all familiar with animé. I'm not a big fan, but I can recognize and appreciate what you're doing.

I don't think anyone here is more eclectic than you, considerinng your two contrasting stories for this contest, "Karaoke Nights," "Death is the Middle" and another tale of an entirely different sort that I know you don't want mentioned yet.

Who knows, you might even get "When We Dead Awaken" going again....

More
05 May 2005 21:19 #1071 by conceptfan

and another tale of an entirely different sort that I know you don't want mentioned yet..

Well, that's certainly let the (anime) cat out of the bag! :-D

Here's a big question. Since I wrote "Super Teen Story" based largely on Cfan's "Super Models", do we have to split the votes it generates?

Here's a small answer: no

More
06 May 2005 01:41 #1075 by brantley
No, the other one (not posted anywhere) is NOT animé inspired.

More
06 May 2005 02:35 #1076 by argonaut

My apologies as real life kinda body slammed me this go round as I was in the midst of my story. My hope is I'll have it ready next week and posted to the bank, albeit too late for the voting. Its a sequel to Zupergirl and I'm like halfway through it......

LF

Cool! :D "Zupergirl" is one of my favorites! Zatanna uses her super-powers with such flair and showmanship -- just as you'd expect of a stage magician. Can't wait to read the "zequel"!

In fact, the prospect has inspired me to poetry:

Zatanna was feeling perverse
When she uttered this spell in reverse:
"S'namrepus thgim
Emoceb enim!"
Now Superman's powers are hers!

Now if you'll excuse me -- I'm off to finish reading the workshop stories ...

More
09 May 2005 10:16 #1096 by admin
Anyone who has not yet cast their vote in this round of the SGI Workshop (1.3: Ubergirl vs Ubergirl) should do so in the next 24 hours, as the poll will be closing tomorrow (Tuesday 10th May)

admin.

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds