Amount

SGInc Collaborative Story Workshop 3.1 Poll and Comments

13 Sep 2007 01:25 #10267 by Random321
Okay everyone: for the record I've not spoken about this with Argonaut and I didn't expect anyone to catch on but he got it in minutes.

I was hoping someone would that two words were in fact in one sentence.

...This gives me an idea for a new thread...

Project Super Woman
SFX Laden Video Shorts and Digital Comics Featuring Super Heroines
www.projectsuperwoman.com

Home of Mindy Marvel, Super Michaela, Domina, E-Girl, Bionica, Power Play, Amp, Superheroines & Super Villains.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Random321
  • Uberposter
  • Uberposter
  • Project Super Woman
More
13 Sep 2007 03:50 #10272 by brad328
I thought all three stories were well done. "Popcorn War" might have been a top vote getter in any other workshop but it had the misfortune of being in the same workshop as two of the best pieces of writing in all of the StoryBank. Birthright was really epic in scale, covering a long period of time giving every character arc the time it needed (something I as a writer have a hard time doing).

My vote is for "Supergirl of Smallville" primarily for being able to coordinate two writers and getting an artist who's time and work is in high demand and making it all work. The story was fun, the art was great and I'm hoping for a part two (for all of the stories actually).

Thanks to everyone for their hard work.

-BW

More
13 Sep 2007 05:50 #10273 by willow
I have to say that I really enjoyed Birthright. The size and pacing were good, and really helped flesh out Angela and Evelyn's characters. Of course, I think it ended right at the best part, and would have liked to have seen more. I will be looking forward to Part II, which I hope will be out soon.

My only complaint was that there should have been more regarding Elizabeth, her motives, and why she left her home planet. She talks about running away from home, and then years later they send a probe to kill her? Maybe I missed something, but it seems that something may have gotten cut that may have been better to stay in. Everything beyond that seemed to flow pretty well as far as the girls and father. Although, the father could have easily just said "to hell with the world, let them figure it out" and given the serum to both girls or just Evelyn.

I have not had a chance to get to the other stories yet, but hope to do so soon.

More
13 Sep 2007 08:52 #10275 by oogber
Okay, I guess it's time I asked.

I see some strange characters in Popcorn War, and there are other bad formatting problems in some of the other stories.

Have other people experienced this, and is there some way to get around it?

More
13 Sep 2007 12:58 #10280 by lfan
Please define "bad formatting problems"....alas, it could just be poor English on our parts! :P

ElF

Okay, I guess it's time I asked.

I see some strange characters in Popcorn War, and there are other bad formatting problems in some of the other stories.

Have other people experienced this, and is there some way to get around it?

More
14 Sep 2007 05:04 #10289 by oogber
Lines not wrapping, bad spacing, as well as strange characters

More
14 Sep 2007 11:11 #10291 by conceptfan

as well as strange characters

Those are just the authors.

More
14 Sep 2007 12:36 #10292 by brantley

Birthright Part 1 by Lfan and Conceptfan:

The Popcorn War by B.T. Elkins and J. Taylor

Well done writing. I thought I was reading Ring World style writing. Now, some Larry Niven books I struggle with as a result of the crazy character names, but the writing in this was of that caliber and had that feel too. Fantastic stuff. Very descriptive without going over the top.

Anybody want to collaborate on a continuation? Would help to have, like Jordan, a sense for things military -- and, naturally, a knowledge and/or willingness to acqure some, of the Aurora Universe.

• brantley
  • Uberposter of Distinction
  • Uberposter of Distinction
More
15 Sep 2007 07:04 #10301 by oogber

as well as strange characters

Those are just the authors.

Okay, I deserved that.

More
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds