Amount

Workshop 1.5?

18 Jul 2005 01:06 #1779 by YAGS
Workshop 1.5? was created by YAGS
So, it's been a few days since the last comments regarding the next workshop. I'd consider getting in on it if the topic even remotely resembles any of the stories that I've been considering writing. So when are we going to get the assignment?

YAGS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• YAGS
  • YAGS's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
18 Jul 2005 23:20 #1796 by conceptfan
Replied by conceptfan on topic Re: Workshop 1.5?
Well, Yags, the topic I've chosen for the full-length SGInc Story Workshop 1.5 is:

"An individual/group/organisation possesses/creates/obtains a weapon which he/she/they believe can bring down an ubergirl."

Hope you can do something with that.

More
18 Jul 2005 23:35 #1798 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Workshop 1.5?
It appears we have go for 1.5!

We also need a topic for the first SGInc Single-scene Story Workshop 2.1. Lfan, as founder of the Workshops, please can you pick the topic for 2.1?

As we're overlapping "Short" and "Long" workshops, we'd like to suggest the following deadlines.

SGInc full-length Story Workshop 1.5: Deadline 18th September 2005
SGInc single-scene Story Workshop 1.5: Deadline 18th August 2005.

Lfan, as the man responsible for creating this monster, would you do the honour of officially announcing the opening of the two separate Workshops?

admin.

More
21 Jul 2005 03:49 #1825 by argonaut
Replied by argonaut on topic Re: Workshop 1.5?
Well, Larafan, how about it?

More
21 Jul 2005 15:56 #1827 by somat
Replied by somat on topic Re: Workshop 1.5?

Well, Yags, the topic I've chosen for the full-length SGInc Story Workshop 1.5 is:

"An individual/group/organisation possesses/creates/obtains a weapon which he/she/they believe can bring down an ubergirl."

Okay, I will give it a try this time, the theme sounds good to me, I'm thinking of a story in which the female heroine has one weakspot(or two?), which are protected, by some armor, which her enemies are trying
to destroy or breakthrough all the time, but than something changes, hmm, have to think about that part, before I write it down!

bye

somat

More
22 Jul 2005 03:32 #1837 by YAGS
Replied by YAGS on topic Re: Workshop 1.5?

Ok, I'm inspired. Not by your topic, mind you, but I'm inspired. :P

Combining the above topic with recent events that have inspired me to come up with a new story idea, I've decided to try something that I'm guessing has never been done in the ubergirl genre: Harry Potter fan fiction. :shock: Be afraid. Be very afraid.

If you're lucky, I won't actually have time to write it. ;)

YAGS

• YAGS
  • YAGS's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
27 Jul 2005 10:50 #1926 by marknew742
Replied by marknew742 on topic Re: Workshop 1.5?
Got the short or long mixed up and had a really great short scene for the weapon. Oh well, who says a long story has to be as long as my last one!

It's such a good weapon. And I've always wanted to do one of these!

More
29 Jul 2005 15:50 #1949 by conceptfan
Any one starting thinking about writing an entry for 1.5 (the longer one)? The topic, in case you'd forgotten/not seen it is:

"An individual/group/organisation possesses/creates/obtains a weapon/device which he/she/they believe can bring down an ubergirl."

I'm going to submit the next few chapters of "Randolph and Kim", but I'm only at the earliest planning stages.

More
30 Jul 2005 08:03 #1964 by MackTheMouse2
I didn't do anything useful for the last workshop...

(Given my unusual internet and computer access currently, I might not be easily able to do anything for this one, either.)

Someone has something that should be able to destroy/defeat an ubergirl (besides another ubergirl). I'll have to think 'bout that.

PO'ed Uber getting back at her ex... same thing.

On a different note, I finally started writing again for a story I started back for Workshop 1.2 "Ubergirl vs. an army".

It's over sixty pages long, and she's not even close to the army part...

I don't think this really covers ANY theme in particular, but I'd really like to get it out on the web for review, editing, suggestions, and commentary.

I'd really like suggestions on how to post this monster, or who to send it to... which of the websites are still active, and who'd be happy to host it for a while.

It's based on one cartoon I found online, and the series of stories about Julie. ( I really liked the idea of going through a long series of scenes as a supergirl discovers her powers, and adapts to the changes they make in her life.) It's got almost nothing in common with Julie other than that idea, though. If it steals from anywhere, it steals from Superman/Smallville... but even that's just a coincidence...

Each section/Chapter is roughly 2 pages long, and so far there's about 35 chapters. The only problem is, it's on a zip disk, and the computers I have access to either don't have zip, don't have internet, or have a problem with the floppy drive so I can't copy it onto anything but a zip disk...

So, no rush, other than my feverish desire to get criticism and commentary.

Any help would be appreciated, telling me where to go. :)

More
06 Sep 2005 16:50 #2343 by admin
REMINDER:

SGInc full-length Story Workshop 1.5

Theme: "An individual/group/organisation possesses/creates/obtains a weapon which he/she/they believe can bring down an ubergirl."

Deadline 18th September 2005 (Under 2 weeks away!!)

So... who's in?

admin.

More
06 Sep 2005 20:12 #2344 by argonaut
Replied by argonaut on topic Re: Workshop 1.5?
I'm in.

More
07 Sep 2005 00:07 #2345 by WhitePaw
Replied by WhitePaw on topic Re: Workshop 1.5?
I'm in w/ "WW3.0b". Its 14 pages of scratch I wrote years ago and promptly lost (purposefully lost?). It's embarrassing, cheesy, AND embarrassingly cheesy-- but on-topic. It surfaced today from the swamp that is my backup morass.

"Papa Smurf" rides again... :shock:

Love,
-White Paw

More
07 Sep 2005 08:40 #2351 by marknew742
Will Metropolis's latest evil gang bring down Supergirl with their new weapon?

The answer is coming soon in ... "Shooting at Supergirl".

More
07 Sep 2005 12:18 #2352 by conceptfan
I'm in too. Would you believe the topic I chose fits nicely with the next few chapters of Randolph and Kim? Me neither, but it does.

SPOILER ALERT: Kim (eventually) changes into a LIME GREEN bikini.

More
07 Sep 2005 12:27 #2353 by marknew742

SPOILER ALERT: Kim (eventually) changes into a LIME GREEN bikini.

BLIMEY

More
14 Sep 2005 08:54 #2412 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Re: Workshop 1.5?
Sorry. I amn't able to complete my entry for the deadline. I will post it as an indipendent story in the future.
I'm a bit angry because this is my first attempt with the ubergirl genre.

More
14 Sep 2005 11:29 #2418 by conceptfan
Don't be angry, Anon. Look what that's done for admin...

Just make sure you do post the story when it's ready. I'm looking forward to reading it. Always great to see new stuff out there!

I'm well behind schedule on my workshop entry. Looks like I'm going to have to work through a night or two to get it done on time. Oh well. I can always catch up on sleep at work... :lol:

More
15 Sep 2005 05:12 #2458 by ace191
Replied by ace191 on topic Re: Workshop 1.5?
Well, I got my story in, and 4 days early no less, And you guys didn't think I was bright enought to write one in under 1000 words. HA!

More
15 Sep 2005 06:14 #2459 by WhitePaw
[smack talk] "Papa Smurf" shall rule once again. :twisted: [/smack talk]

Love,
-White Paw

More
15 Sep 2005 10:32 #2469 by conceptfan

Well, I got my story in, and 4 days early no less, And you guys didn't think I was bright enought to write one in under 1000 words. HA!

Ace, I have a painful hangover this morning and now you're totally confusing me. Under 1,000 words? 4 days early? Workshop 1.5 (Theme: "An individual/group/organisation possesses/creates/obtains a weapon which he/she/they believe can bring down an ubergirl." Word limit: None) is due in 3 days. Workshop 2.2 (Theme: "Nobody was getting to me in here....." Word limit: 1000) is due October 15th.

Are you, possibly a MONTH and 3 days early? Or is this a "short" entry to the "long" workshop? And where the hell's the paracetemol?

More
16 Sep 2005 03:32 #2480 by ace191
Replied by ace191 on topic Re: Workshop 1.5?
The 18th is the deadline for the LONG Workshop? DOH!

(Actually, I was afraid that if I didn't submit SOMETHING, that we would have to hire someone to keep sharp objects away from admin!)

And since I will be writing a second short story for the 2.2, I thought if there were not many entries for the 1.5, they could post mine early (which is all part of my master plan to see if old age and treachery can still overcome youth and skill!)

More
16 Sep 2005 10:23 #2506 by conceptfan

And since I will be writing a second short story for the 2.2, I thought if there were not many entries for the 1.5, they could post mine early (which is all part of my master plan to see if old age and treachery can still overcome youth and skill!)

My headache just came back. :(

More
16 Sep 2005 14:30 #2517 by admin
Hi everybody.

This is just a friendly reminder that the deadline for SGInc Story Workshop 1.5 (Theme: "An individual/group/organisation possesses/creates/obtains a weapon which he/she/they believe can bring down an ubergirl." Word limit: None)
is this Sunday, September 18th 2005.

Email your entries to: webmaster@superwomenmania.com

admin.

More
17 Sep 2005 00:46 #2530 by WhitePaw
I have now submitted "World War 3.0 Public Beta".
5600 proof...er....um....words. N-Joy.

Tank you very much. :twisted:

Love,
-White Paw.

More
20 Sep 2005 11:16 #2613 by d_k_c
Replied by d_k_c on topic Re: Workshop 1.5?
I think I just thought of something for this WS. Any chance of an extension, say to the 23rd?.

More
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds