Amount

Changing the max. length of SGI "short" Workshops

26 Aug 2005 17:01 #2259 by admin
Following much discussion, we're asking if the word limit for SGI "short" Workshops should be changed. The limit for Workshop 2.1 was 1,000 words. Should we increase this?

The poll will run for 7 days. Please only vote if you actually intend to contribute a story to a future workshop....

admin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• admin
  • admin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
26 Aug 2005 19:45 #2262 by marknew742
I liked the current format, but I wouldn't mind if the story was a ][size=8little[/size] longer.

But between 1,000 and 2,000 words, I would much prefer 1,000.

The beauty of the short competition is to squeeze a good idea into as few words as possible. We have the other competition for extending our stories into as many words as we like.

Mark

More
26 Aug 2005 19:49 #2263 by marknew742
Serves me right for getting fancy with fonts.

What I meant was:

I liked the current format, but I wouldn't mind if the story was a little longer.

But between 1,000 and 2,000 words, I would much prefer 1,000.

The beauty of the short competition is to squeeze a good idea into as few words as possible. We have the other competition for extending our stories into as many words as we like.

Mark

More
27 Aug 2005 07:47 #2268 by WhitePaw
I'm all about short-attention-span, extreme-closeup theatre. I could probably give you something intriguing inside 100 words if you forced me. My home field advantage: keep it brief, stab hard, twist, walk away.

Love,
White Paw

More
Time to create page: 0.048 seconds