Amount

SGInc full-length Story Workshop 1.6 - Topic Suggestions

04 Oct 2005 07:59 #2923 by admin
Following the closing of SGInc Story Workshop 1.5, we are now taking suggestions for a theme for the next full-length Story Workshop.

Please post any ideas here!

admin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• admin
  • admin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
04 Oct 2005 19:49 #2928 by Risatara
Ummm... Im not sure I should post here, cause Im more like a lurker, and reader, without even commenting (Im sorry for that.. Its something im not proud of) but if its annoying somebody, you can delete it anyway. I just had some ideas. Im not even sure, if they were posted before by somebody else.

1. A Superwoman with a handicap, like she could be blind, or she could be bound to a wheelchair, or something.
2. A Superwoman goes through time. (Im sure thats an old one)
3. A Superwoman meets a mystical creature. (Im sure this one, too)
4. A Superwoman changes sides (Good <==> Bad)

Thank you for your time.
Risatara

More
04 Oct 2005 20:17 #2931 by MackTheMouse2
Replied by MackTheMouse2 on topic Ideas
I'm still reading the stories, and I haven't posted one of my own in a long time... but let me be the first to say anyone is welcome anywhere. That's what the forums are FOR, people talking to each other, commenting, complimenting, or kvetching. (just no attacks on anyone, or spam/advertisements).

I like #4, a bad girl going good or a good girl going bad. That sounds really fun...

More
04 Oct 2005 20:47 #2932 by Woodclaw
My 2 cents:

- A ubergirl loses her powers, then regains them and takes revenge

- A survival game with surprise

More
05 Oct 2005 00:02 #2935 by mikeyfreedom
- An ubergirl tries to cope with losing her powers during a battle

- A villian accidently gives a woman superpowers, which she uses to defeat him

- A superwoman must stop a missile (ala Superman The Movie)

- An ubergirl's assistance goes wrong, and she must rectify it

- Ubergirl is disturbed changing into her secret identity, keeping her from a rescue. (That's one a wee bit cheeky, as I wrote one of them a while ago)

More
05 Oct 2005 09:14 #2941 by Woodclaw

- Ubergirl is disturbed changing into her secret identity, keeping her from a rescue. (That's one a wee bit cheeky, as I wrote one of them a while ago)

I think that this one is pretty good, but it will work better with the short format of the 2.X workshop.

More
05 Oct 2005 12:27 #2942 by marknew742
Hmmmm.

As the "chooser by default" I'm hesitant about imposing my own personal choice from a previous series of suggestions on y'all. "Uh oh, now my wife/girlfriend is super".

So, I'll think again if you don't like it. And I'd like to hear some more suggestions.

From the ideas posted so far, my favorite candidates are:

A Superwoman changes sides (Good <==> Bad)
A ubergirl loses her powers, then regains them and takes revenge
A villain accidently gives a woman superpowers, which she uses to defeat him

More
05 Oct 2005 16:14 #2949 by argonaut

Hmmmm.

As the "chooser by default" I'm hesitant about imposing my own personal choice from a previous series of suggestions on y'all. "Uh oh, now my wife/girlfriend is super".

So, I'll think again if you don't like it. And I'd like to hear some more suggestions.

How about " _____, my wife/girlfriend is now super," with the author free to fill in the blank with anything from "Oh, sh*t" to "Yippee!"?

More
05 Oct 2005 16:39 #2950 by marknew742
That works for me!

More
05 Oct 2005 20:55 #2952 by conceptfan
Can't we have anything stronger than "Oh sh*t" ? Please, Mark...

More
05 Oct 2005 21:36 #2953 by marknew742
Any two words would be allowed, and they may be as strong or weak as you like.

More
05 Oct 2005 22:55 #2954 by WhitePaw
Yaaaaawn. <stretch>

If'fn we're gonna make us gnaw through whole reams of this stuff in the full-length format, can we have something interesting please? Let's be honest. Half the "literature" in this genre is origin stories, and the other half is "revalation scenes" like you're suggesting.

Can we move on further? Us super powered girls out here are getting tired of reliving the first two weeks of our lives over and over and over....

Thanks.

Love,
White Paw.

More
06 Oct 2005 01:15 #2955 by YAGS
Well, I haven't had time to read the stories from the latest batch, let alone write anything in a while, but what the heck. I'll re-suggest my suggestion from the last time we had this conversation:

An ubergirl with unusual powers, ie not just the old Kryptonian standards. What she does with them, of course, is up to her.

YAGS

More
06 Oct 2005 01:56 #2956 by WhitePaw

An ubergirl with unusual powers, ie not just the old Kryptonian standards. What she does with them, of course, is up to her.
YAGS

Yeah! The power.....to MOVE you. I love it!

:P

Love,
-White Paw

More
06 Oct 2005 02:51 #2959 by ace191
Yes to Oh %*$#@ my wife is now super. I have a short stroy planned out for this one as well as a LOOOOOONG one that I doubt I will ever be able to finish in time, but I will give it a try.

More
06 Oct 2005 10:02 #2961 by conceptfan
Now that there's permission to use proper language like "Oh gosh!" and "Oh dear!" I'm warming to Mark's idea, although I also like "A villian accidently gives a woman superpowers, which she uses to defeat him", "A Superwoman changes sides (Good <==> Bad)" and "A Superwoman goes through time."

More
06 Oct 2005 11:28 #2962 by marknew742
I apologize (a little) to those who are uninspired by revelation/origin themes, but I like them. Power shifts are my thing and enough of you agree to make this a workshop. I'm sure you creative folks who want to get beyond the first two weeks of superpowers can find an entertaining way to do it.

So, the topic for the new workshop will be:

"________ ________, now my wife/girlfriend is super."

Fill in any two words you like, from "Awwww, coool" to "Shut UP!" to "Gad zooks!"

More
07 Oct 2005 02:48 #2964 by ace191

YAGS

Just an outside guess, but you might like the next 2.2 workshop.

More
11 Oct 2005 09:48 #2990 by marknew742
On second thought, work commitments might keep me from writing in the next workshop. I don't want to "waste" a topic I like.

So, since Lfan hasn't posted the announcement yet, I'm changing my mind.

The topic for 1.6 will be ....

I'll let Lfan announce the deadline. The later it is, the better chance I'll have to post something. End of November?

More
11 Oct 2005 13:08 #2996 by YAGS

On second thought, work commitments might keep me from writing in the next workshop. I don't want to "waste" a topic I like.

So, since Lfan hasn't posted the announcement yet, I'm changing my mind.

The topic for 1.6 will be ....

I'll let Lfan announce the deadline. The later it is, the better chance I'll have to post something. End of November?

Ok, I'm getting them confused now. This one's long format, right? And since the deadline on those is usually 2 months, hopefully we'll have into December.

Thinking about it, I might join in on this one. In fact, the story I started writing for the "ubergirl vs ubergirl" might be able to qualify for this theme. I'll have to think about it.

YAGS

More
11 Oct 2005 18:14 #2997 by brantley
Gee whiz. The previuous topic would have been terrific for Evelyn!

More
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds