Amount

Announcing SWM Manip Contest 1.1!

07 Nov 2005 21:13 #3399 by sierra_steele
Announcing SWM Manip Contest 1.1! was created by sierra_steele
Hey Y'all Sierra Steele here! I am so excited (and honored) to be the image for the manip contest. see:

www.superwomenmania.com/manips

I can't wait to see the creative stuff you all will do! Good luck and hope ya have fun working with the pictures!

By the way, I wanted to tell y'all how much I enjoy the SWM site and I plan to be around much more. I have been recovering from my accident but I'm on the mend and chompin' at the bit to get the new, action-packed stories completed. We have all kinds of new and exciting stuff in the works!
Talk to ya soon!
Ciao' :wink:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sierra_steele
  • sierra_steele's Avatar Topic Author
More
08 Nov 2005 00:01 #3405 by YAGS
Replied by YAGS on topic Very nice!
Excellent concept for a contest!!!

Now I wish I had Photoshop and some sort of artistic talent. :?

I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with. I may even give it a try, using the cheapy photomanip program that I have on my PC, but I don't know how far I'll get. I'm probably better off sticking to the writing contests.

My only complaint about the contest is the lighting in the second source picture. Based on the pose, I can imagine people wanting to show you lifting a car or something, but it's too dark to cut and paste into an outdoor scene easily.

I also have another suggestion for this contest, in the spirit of the writing contests, where the winner gets to pick the theme for the next set of stories. How about the winner of the photomanip contest gets to provide the source pictures for the next contest, if they have pictures they'd like to use, or possibly they can request specific poses from the models who participate? Just a thought.

All in all, though, I just want to say that I'm happy to see this contest, even if I don't figure out enough about my PC's photo software to be able to participate. :) And a special thanks to Sierra for the pics!

YAGS

More
08 Nov 2005 03:18 #3411 by argonaut
Replied by argonaut on topic Re: Announcing SWM Manip Contest 1.1!
Well, I know absolutely nothing about photomanipulation, but I look forward to seeing what more talented members come up with.

I agree with YAGS about the second picture. Great pose, lots of possibilities ... but too dark. Any chance of re-shooting it?

Someone should tell the folks at heromorph about this contest. It might bring in some quality manips and some new members.

Can anyone recommend "photomanipulation for dummies" software, or an on-line tutorial ... in case I get inspired to try my hand at this?

Oh ... and welcome to SWM, Sierra!

More
10 Nov 2005 16:13 #3459 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Announcing SWM Manip Contest 1.1!
Wouldn't it be great if the inaugural manip. workshop had as many entries as possible? Our members can help out with this, not just by submitting their entries.

A number of SWM members are active on other boards which feature artwork heavily or even exclusively - for example "heromorph". If you're one of those, please take a minute to post on those boards, spreading the word about the workshop.

Thanks!

admin.

More
10 Nov 2005 16:19 #3460 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: Announcing SWM Manip Contest 1.1!
Agreed! Would be nice for people to help spread the gospel in other forums about the contest and this place in general. I know tons of people here belong to other Yahoo Groups (AURG, XtSt, Supergirlcostumegallry, etc) as well as other communities (Heromorph, Amaz0ns, etc)

I try to "promote" when I can without making it look like spam (the subject matter is on topic), but I get sick of seeing my posts so I refrain mostly.

I'd challenge people to help spread the word where they deem applicable, letting people about our little space. Would be cool if we had a lare "contributing" community of writers, artists, manippers, film makers, models, etc. that had an interest in this space. The more the merrier....

LF

Wouldn't it be great if the inaugural manip. workshop had as many entries as possible? Our members can help out with this, not just by submitting their entries.

A number of SWM members are active on other boards which feature artwork heavily or even exclusively - for example "heromorph". If you're one of those, please take a minute to post on those boards, spreading the word about the workshop.

Thanks!

admin.

More
11 Nov 2005 05:13 #3472 by WhitePaw
Replied by WhitePaw on topic Re: Announcing SWM Manip Contest 1.1!
Serria:
Just a few practical notes from the peanut gallery:

Well, um...in the picts you've offered you're already in costume. Nowadays the usual manip artist starts from nude(s) and hacks up from there. I got razzed one day on Heromorph.com for merely adding to a model's existing clothing like so:

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

and so:

and so:

Such is frowned upon among serious photohackers. I had to hack this one up from nude as my pennance one day over there:

So are you expecting us to just drop in a background and effects like so:

(and this one started out nude too, if memory serves)?

Oh, and if y'alls advertising for participation from any of the knuckle-draggers over at Heromorph.com, COUNT ME OUT! The top 10 or so over there are pro artists (JrMcDeath, for example) for their day job! They blow widdle ol' me away every time. I give.

That is, if they'd even touch your pict, you already being in costume an all.

Oh, and another thing....when's the deadline? You'll get no work outta anybody w/o a deadline.

Love,
-White Paw:

Yeah yeah fellas. I'm a double threat. I can write fiction for you to burn AND manip photos for you to throw darts at too. You'll hate me twice now, I suppose. :roll:

More
11 Nov 2005 05:18 #3473 by WhitePaw
And yeah, I dance, but I don't sing-- not even in the shower.
I do sketch sometimes though....

Guess that makes me a tripple threat then (nobody cares 'bout the dancing here).

Oh well. I'll go away now, I suppose.

:?

Love,
-White Paw

More
11 Nov 2005 07:21 #3474 by ace191
Replied by ace191 on topic Re: Announcing SWM Manip Contest 1.1!
Well, speaking from the near complete novice side of things, I need as much help as I can get. About all I can do is cut, paste, rotate and clone
with occasional frankensteining. It has taken me several hrs just to cut her out of the first picture, shorten her skirt and cape, clone her legs where I cut her skirt and I have not put the cape part between her legs back on yet. Moving her arms is going to be a real challenge. In an hr or two, the pros over there would have a contest winner on their site!

I think it is fun that we are having Amateur Hour over here, but it is really not what they do over there. Hopefully, somewhere in between we will get some nice if not very nice entries, not quit pro, but hopefully a lot better than I assure you my effort will be!

More
11 Nov 2005 13:53 #3478 by Risatara
Replied by Risatara on topic Re: Announcing SWM Manip Contest 1.1!
Just a tiny thing: You should rename the Forum you posted that in... I think SGInc Story Workshops suggests that its all about ummmm... storys.. :D

So, great looking base-pictures.. hope some people come up with some great stuff... :D

More
11 Nov 2005 15:10 #3482 by admin

Just a tiny thing: You should rename the Forum you posted that in...

Good point, Risatara. Danke Schoen!

More
11 Nov 2005 21:52 #3493 by marty_the_butcher
Replied by marty_the_butcher on topic Re: Announcing SWM Manip Contest 1.1!
still cruising around here. man, thiers a lotta shit here. some good and some well SHIT. this topic seemed to be new so I checked it out. i assume the smoking hot red head is one of those "sisters"? Yeah! and the pope is jewish! :twisted: still, she is smokin and can save me anytime. Is anybody entering? where are the pics? the only ones i saw were from that paw person and they were not of the girl (or very good). i was gonna say this did not look like a story contest but someone beat me to it. i'd enter but I suck. maybe i can offer a pound of salted pork for the best one? think that will get me a date with Sienna? yeah, probably not! :(

marty

More
12 Nov 2005 02:07 #3497 by YAGS
Replied by YAGS on topic Re: Announcing SWM Manip Contest 1.1!

still cruising around here. man, thiers a lotta shit here. some good and some well SHIT. this topic seemed to be new so I checked it out. i assume the smoking hot red head is one of those "sisters"? Yeah! and the pope is jewish! :twisted: still, she is smokin and can save me anytime. Is anybody entering? where are the pics? the only ones i saw were from that paw person and they were not of the girl (or very good). i was gonna say this did not look like a story contest but someone beat me to it. i'd enter but I suck. maybe i can offer a pound of salted pork for the best one? think that will get me a date with Sienna? yeah, probably not! :(

marty

I don't know Sierra, so this is just a hunch, but I'm guess that step one in getting a date with her is to get her name right.

YAGS

More
12 Nov 2005 04:49 #3498 by lfan
LMAO :lol:

LF

marty

I don't know Sierra, so this is just a hunch, but I'm guess that step one in getting a date with her is to get her name right.

YAGS

More
14 Nov 2005 01:40 #3517 by conceptfan
Replied by conceptfan on topic Re: Announcing SWM Manip Contest 1.1!

maybe i can offer a pound of salted pork for the best one? think that will get me a date with Sienna? yeah, probably not! :(

Don't know about Sierra, but throw in a couple of sirloin steaks and I'll fix you up with one of my girls if you like, Marty. :lol:

More
14 Nov 2005 01:47 #3518 by cha0tic1
Replied by cha0tic1 on topic Re: Announcing SWM Manip Contest 1.1!
I'd like to express my appreciation to Sierra to contributing the two photos for the contest.

I only have one suggestion for the superbreath photo if you contribute one again... Please blow harder... Let's see those checks flare with the force of the fury you're unleashing... Take a deep breath and go for it...

Other than that, to me, the superbreath shot is perfect.

Thanks again Sierra, and please understand that my comment is meant as a suggestion, not criticism.

More
14 Nov 2005 01:49 #3519 by cha0tic1
Replied by cha0tic1 on topic Re: Announcing SWM Manip Contest 1.1!
...oooops, meant cheeks, not "checks." :oops:

If you can make checks flare, that would require a different super-power altogether.

More
16 Nov 2005 02:48 #3533 by WhitePaw

marty

Yay! Vaggy's not the rudest person around no more! :wink:
'preciate your honesty, Mr. B. When I arrived in this genre in '04 I found
things...um...in hindsight I wouldn't say 'not very good'--but just not to my tastes.

So I set about creating and sharing a few items more aligned to my
pallete, even if it meant learning how-- even if "from scratch" in spots. And while I'm long ago used to never being wuv'd around here, I get considerable more respect for my efforts.

Hint hint.

And I apologize for any noses that got scratched along the way.

And I'll bow out of this photohack workshop. I'm by far no pro...but no newbie either. Let the newbies have it.

Get to it boyz.

Love,
-White Paw.

More
16 Nov 2005 15:29 #3537 by marty_the_butcher
Replied by marty_the_butcher on topic Re: Announcing SWM Manip Contest 1.1!
i've kinda been called rude before so it dont bother me to much. i dont try to be obnocious it just ends up that way! mrs marty actaully thinks im a really nice guy! but that might be cause i bring her home free veal every first tuesday of the month! thanks mr paw for the comments cause everybody else is ignoring me! if you appreciate my honesty, youll love me when I tell ya yours sucked! hah! hah! :twisted: just bein honest but also havin kicks bustin your balls at same time. am sure when the smoke clears i will have more enemies than freinds over here :twisted:
i had some time to go over those storys in the contest. ill save my remarks for later since i gotta get to work!

marty

marty

things...um...in hindsight I wouldn't say 'not very good'--but just not to my tastes.

pallete, even if it meant learning how-- even if "from scratch" in spots. And while I'm long ago used to never being wuv'd around here, I get considerable more respect for my efforts.

Hint hint.

And I'll bow out of this photohack workshop. I'm by far no pro...but no newbie either. Let the newbies have it.

Get to it boyz.

Love,
-White Paw.

More
16 Nov 2005 19:50 #3540 by lfan
Mr. Butcher --

While I applaud honesty, I hope you certainly choose you're a tad diplomatic as constructive crits are welcome but rudeness is never appreciated or desired round here....

Of course, I'd be willing to look the other way on the first Tuesday of each month ;)

LF

i've kinda been called rude before so it dont bother me to much. i dont try to be obnocious it just ends up that way! mrs marty actaully thinks im a really nice guy! but that might be cause i bring her home free veal every first tuesday of the month! thanks mr paw for the comments cause everybody else is ignoring me! if you appreciate my honesty, youll love me when I tell ya yours sucked! hah! hah! :twisted: just bein honest but also havin kicks bustin your balls at same time. am sure when the smoke clears i will have more enemies than freinds over here :twisted:
i had some time to go over those storys in the contest. ill save my remarks for later since i gotta get to work!

marty

marty

Hint hint.

Get to it boyz.

Love,
-White Paw.

More
18 Nov 2005 03:42 #3560 by WhitePaw

thanks mr paw for the comments ... just bein honest but also havin kicks bustin your balls at same time...

That'll be Ms. Paw, thank you very much. Haven't I posted enough picts? :roll:
("VE" wears the pants at my house.)
Wuv 'n Wockets,
-White Paw

More
29 Nov 2005 16:05 #3660 by Bully_pup
Replied by Bully_pup on topic Re: Announcing SWM Manip Contest 1.1!
Is there a deadline for this yet? Might motivate me to actually do something!

More
29 Nov 2005 17:36 #3664 by conceptfan
Replied by conceptfan on topic Re: Announcing SWM Manip Contest 1.1!

Is there a deadline for this yet? Might motivate me to actually do something!

All the info is in the link given in the first post of this thread, Bully. Here it is again, to save you a couple of clicks:

www.superwomenmania.com/manips[/url]"]Rules: It couldn't be simpler! Pick one of the two pictures below (click on the thumbnails for the full-size images) and "manip" it. Email your completed manips to: webmaster@superwomenmania.com no later than December 15th, 2005. All entries will be displayed in a gallery in the SuperWomenMania ImageBank and a poll will be opened in the SuperWomenMania forum for members to judge their favourite.

More
18 Dec 2005 07:36 #3867 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic Re: Announcing SWM Manip Contest 1.1!
BUMP!!!

And?!? :D I know my entries were not my 100% best work and where a little rushed to beat the deadline ~ but I hope they didn't kill the workshop. :wink:

More
18 Dec 2005 19:45 #3872 by YAGS
Replied by YAGS on topic Re: Announcing SWM Manip Contest 1.1!

BUMP!!!

And?!? :D I know my entries were not my 100% best work and where a little rushed to beat the deadline ~ but I hope they didn't kill the workshop. :wink:

I guess the real question is whether or not there were any other entries. I'm looking forward to seeing them all.

YAGS

More
23 Dec 2005 14:50 #3921 by admin
We've had a few entries, but not enough, considering the initial interest expressed in a manip-based workshop. As a result, we're extending the deadline for entries until the end of January 2006.

We'll be giving the contest the promotion it deserves in the new year. Until then, EVERYBODY GET MANIPPING!

admin.

More
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds