Amount

SGInc "Short" Story Workshop 2.4 NOW ON!

16 Jan 2006 13:50 #4166 by admin
Announcing the Supergirls Incorporated "Short" Story Workshop 2.4

Theme (as chosen by Argonaut) : "Ubergirl's Romantic Evening."

Argonaut's additional briefing: A story describing a date, a tryst, a night out, a cozy evening at home, a chance encounter, or a casual hook-up with an ubergirl.

Word-limit: 1,000 words

Deadline for submissions: Friday 24th March 2006.

admin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• admin
  • admin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
21 Jan 2006 23:46 #4224 by Ordo Cabaal Templarus
Replied by Ordo Cabaal Templarus on topic Re: SGInc "Short" Story Workshop 2.4 NOW ON!
Got my roughdraft for this ready, just needs to be proofread...

Yeah, I'm in...

• Ordo Cabaal Templarus
More
22 Jan 2006 03:01 #4226 by mikeyfreedom
I'm in too...already half wrote out one of my ideas, and the second one won't be too far behind it.

More
27 Jan 2006 19:07 #4280 by julievelor
Replied by julievelor on topic I'm in
It's been a while but I'm in on this one. In fact, I may have two submissions...

AK

More
27 Jan 2006 19:11 #4281 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: I'm in
AK --

Great to "see" you back! Cannot wait to read them!

LF

It's been a while but I'm in on this one. In fact, I may have two submissions...

AK

More
28 Jan 2006 09:59 #4288 by conceptfan
Fabulous to hear from you, AK. You have been missed.

Cannot wait to read your entry/entries.

More
06 Feb 2006 20:09 #4405 by xoronewithnature
Replied by xoronewithnature on topic Re: SGInc "Short" Story Workshop 2.4 NOW ON!
Looks like I'm the fourth person to get my story in. That's quite a healthy response. What's the record for total number of workshop entries? Off the top of my head I think I remember about 12. I guess I can just find out by browsing the archives a little...

More
06 Feb 2006 21:54 #4407 by WhitePaw
Well, I've two off my boards, one in the mail for this, but the postage's kinda insufficient (its a flash-forward percieved from a more teddybear innocent age). We'll see if it makes the trip. Up to postmaster "Addy".

And I thought I missed it. MARCH!?! Geez! I could rewrite Tangerine or half of Urban Legends in that much time!

Don't say it. Knowya wannu. :roll:

Anywho, I've "Club Galaxy" under construction now. It's on my "Laundry" list, but probably won't make the limbo bar on this one (the girls are too chatty).

Inspiration strikes-- it kills.
It doesn't-- it don't.

Write on.

Wuv,
-White Paw

More
01 Mar 2006 01:18 #4723 by YAGS
I've started writing. Hopefully, I'll actually be in a workshop for once. I don't think it'll be too tough to hit nearly 1000 words in the next 3 weeks. The tough part will probably be keeping the word count down that low.

I was wondering about one thing, though. I seem to recall that there were some restrictions on stories around here. I know there was a "no kids" rule (not a problem), but I also remember something about not writing anything too explicit. It's not mentioned in this thread, so I don't remember where I read it. Can someone please clarify? Given the theme this time around, it seems that this could be a major factor.

YAGS

More
01 Mar 2006 04:17 #4725 by brantley
Well, my entry has some explicit content, and it wasn't bounced.

More
01 Mar 2006 23:29 #4739 by WhitePaw
Far as I know it's no minors, but otherwise no holds barred.
You want to read stories within the comics code? Go to DC.
We're out here doin things with uber girls by popular demand, or at least whatever fantasies anybody with a typewriter might have--

Oh gawd. Yeah, there's a miniseries for ya. Get cracking.

Another 3 weeks? I'm real bzy, but I might hack up another one within that time. Seems about right for my rate of inspiration.

Write on.
-White Paw

More
02 Mar 2006 04:41 #4745 by YAGS

Far as I know it's no minors, but otherwise no holds barred.
You want to read stories within the comics code? Go to DC.
We're out here doin things with uber girls by popular demand, or at least whatever fantasies anybody with a typewriter might have--

Oh gawd. Yeah, there's a miniseries for ya. Get cracking.

Another 3 weeks? I'm real bzy, but I might hack up another one within that time. Seems about right for my rate of inspiration.

Write on.
-White Paw

Ok, I figured out why I remember there being restrictions on content:

www.superwomenmania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=110

In the thread at the start of that workshop, there was a comment about what's not allowed in workshop stories, and it does specifically say nothing XXX. So again, just where is the limit there? How explicit can sex scenes be? I haven't written mine yet, and it probably won't be too over the top, but I am considering being at least a little detailed.

YAGS

More
02 Mar 2006 08:25 #4747 by WhitePaw
Personally, I strive for the art of the delivery, write as near to my hearts desires as I can with no regard to censorship whatsoever, and let the content fall where it may. Thus far my particular tastes haven't crossed what lines may be, nor am I trying to. Then again, I've no personal tastes for gore or the baser end of the locker room. I'm here for the super powered sex. I find the whole writing about invulnerable women thing gives quite a bit of freedom into what is considered abusive to a normal woman, up to the point of what an ubergirl can just shrug off in arousing ways. I write to turn myself and others on, not to offend myself or anybody else. My line lies there: right at the edge of what she can just enjoy in the course of foreplay.

And give me a friggin break. Don't try any of it at home.

Wuv,
-White Paw

More
02 Mar 2006 08:26 #4748 by WhitePaw
"Sometimes my fast doesn't get along with my girlfriend" :twisted:

More
07 Mar 2006 02:59 #4799 by WhitePaw
Just submitted "Tight#1", withdrew "Foreshadow".

"Foreshadow" is the first 1000 words of "Galaxy" in Workshop 1.7.

"Tight#1" is new and up on my site already, inspired by my portrait "WhitePawOnFire" sketch, also on my site.

N-Joy.

Wuv,
-White Paw

More
13 Mar 2006 00:35 #4855 by argonaut
Here's something I've been meaning to post on this thread for a while. It's a cover from a truly awful Supergirl series that had an unsurprisingly brief run in the 1970's. (I paid something like $5 for the entire 10-issue run a few years ago, and I still feel kind of ripped off.)

The cover falls into the category of things that are so bad, they're good -- and who, knows, it may inspire a workshop story:

http.www.supermanhomepage.com/images/comic-co...l-covers/sgirl03.jpg

The scan is kind of small -- for the myopic among you, the Maid of Might is lamenting tearfully, "What's the good of being a Supergirl helping everyone if I can't even get a date!"

Notice the albino kitten licking Supergirl's hand -- an authorial signature, perhaps? Could this be an early, uncredited work by SWM's favorite gadfly -- WhitePaw? 'Fess up, WP -- inquiring minds want to know!

More
13 Mar 2006 00:41 #4856 by argonaut

More
13 Mar 2006 08:29 #4858 by WhitePaw

Notice the albino kitten licking Supergirl's hand -- an authorial signature, perhaps? Could this be an early, uncredited work by SWM's favorite gadfly -- WhitePaw? 'Fess up, WP -- inquiring minds want to know!

Hey! No fair posting bare-bottom-baby pictures! Sheesh! :oops:
I'm a little more growed up than that nowadaze, fellas! :twisted:

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Wuv,
-White Paw

More
13 Mar 2006 13:03 #4861 by conceptfan

"What's the good of being a Supergirl helping everyone if I can't even get a date!"

She could get a date here: www.horizonfood.co.uk/

No need to thank me.

More
13 Mar 2006 14:20 #4864 by YAGS
Of course, this cover brings up one obvious question: Is Zatanna's feature really a surprise if they tell you about it on the cover?

YAGS

More
15 Mar 2006 01:10 #4912 by Ordo Cabaal Templarus
Replied by Ordo Cabaal Templarus on topic Re: SGInc "Short" Story Workshop 2.4 NOW ON!
Going to rewrite my story submission, due to it's...well...I was wondering on what the hell my brain was mixing on that day. If it could confound me in one of my more whimsical moments, I'm pretty sure it would have given even WhitePaw a aneurism on the spot.

Still writing though...

• Ordo Cabaal Templarus
More
15 Mar 2006 02:18 #4915 by argonaut

Going to rewrite my story submission, due to it's...well...I was wondering on what the hell my brain was mixing on that day. If it could confound me in one of my more whimsical moments, I'm pretty sure it would have given even WhitePaw a aneurism on the spot.

Now there's a good reason for submitting it as is!

[/u]

More
15 Mar 2006 02:39 #4916 by Ordo Cabaal Templarus
If my story as it was would give White Paw an aneurism, it would explode your head, and anyone else, say Shadar or CF would gouge thier own brain out through thier eye sockets.

It was that insane...

• Ordo Cabaal Templarus
More
15 Mar 2006 02:47 #4917 by argonaut
And on that note, I'm gonna log out.

Sweet dreams, everybody!

More
15 Mar 2006 05:21 #4920 by WhitePaw
You'll have to fogive my friend Ordo here. His visions are...unique. I neither fear them, nor claim to understand them.

-White Paw.

More
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds