Amount

SGInc Manip Workshop 3.1 - Poll and comments

06 Feb 2006 15:46 #4399 by admin
The extended deadline for entries has now passed. A huge thank you to the members who took part in and supported this workshop.

See the entries at: www.superwomenmania.com/manips/3.1/ and then vote for your favourite here.

The poll will run for the customary 7 days.

admin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• admin
  • admin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
06 Feb 2006 16:04 #4401 by lfan
And so with this marks the END of the SGInc Workshop! For something that people constantly bugged me about and wanted to see, I find it pathetic that only two people participated (Ant/Random, thanks) despite the extensions.

People used to be apathetic around here, now I guess no one cares.....

LF

The extended deadline for entries has now passed. A huge thank you to the members who took part in and supported this workshop.

See the entries at: www.superwomenmania.com/manips/3.1/ and then vote for your favourite here.

The poll will run for the customary 7 days.

admin.

More
06 Feb 2006 18:27 #4404 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic Re: SGInc Manip Workshop 3.1 - Poll and comments
Now I’m kind of sorry I pushed to have this contest posted. I had no idea only “four” of us contributed. However, I hope everyone enjoys my contributions.

After all the hub-bub about this I’m stunned. Where are all the contributors from X-treme strength? Where are the manipulation artists from Hero-morph? Whitpaw quit before he even started. Where was the contribution from Kelly, Dfan, or Lfan?! The last three are the most distressing to me because they were the ones I was most looking forward to and had counted on providing some fun competition.

I was already distressed when there was not the typical “Oh I’d like to see an image done this way” conversation but this turnout is most disappointing.

What can we do different to get people more enthusiastic?

Regarding Anterion’s effort: First off the effect looks great! I would love to work with you on a similar image turned sideways. I have been playing around with ways to show SG blowing a car/person/object down a street. I’ve also been tinkering with a way to ‘freeze a person’ with super breath either in a frosting effect or building an ice cube around them.

More
07 Feb 2006 06:05 #4409 by YAGS
Wow. This turnout was just plain disappointing. Big thanks to both of you who participated, and to Sierra for the source material.

I didn't make a picture, just because I don't have a decent photo-editing program or time to learn how to use one. But for those who have done this type of thing before, I find it really surprising that they didn't participate here. You'd better all have been too busy writing stories for the next workshop!

YAGS

More
07 Feb 2006 11:26 #4410 by helix111
Low turnout may have been a result of the level of skill and the complexity of software required. To enter a story workshop, all you need is a crappy computer that runs notepad and e-mail and an imagination. To do a photo-manip you need imagination, skill at using photo software, the software itself (which isn't cheap) and a decent computer to run it. :?

btw Why wasn't Anterion's piece elligable for voting? Is it because its a video?

More
07 Feb 2006 12:30 #4411 by lfan
No, I just promised Random he would win....

LF

btw Why wasn't Anterion's piece elligable for voting? Is it because its a video?

More
07 Feb 2006 12:32 #4412 by conceptfan
Replied by conceptfan on topic Re: SGInc Manip Workshop 3.1 - Poll and comments
OK. So I can't deny I've been responsible for some (particularly crap) photomanips in the past. I should have at least had a go at this one and taken it on the chin when everyone laughed at my work. If Lfan changes his mind and there's a 3.2 in the future, I promise I'll pitch in.

Meantime, I say thank [whatever] for Random and Anterion - thanks to them low turnout hasn't translated into low quality of entries. Great work, sirs!

Incidentally, I wonder what odds are being offered on an entry by Random winning the vote?

More
07 Feb 2006 12:46 #4413 by admin

Why wasn't Anterion's piece elligable for voting?

Sharp-eyed viewers may notice that the original still image which Anterion has used for his video-manip is different from the official image created by Sierra for the workshop...

Happy comparing!

admin.

• admin
  • admin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
07 Feb 2006 13:12 #4414 by helix111

Why wasn't Anterion's piece elligable for voting?

Sharp-eyed viewers may notice that the original still image which Anterion has used for his video-manip is different from the official image created by Sierra for the workshop...

Ahhh!!!. Yes, its pretty obvious once its been pointed out. Naughtly Anterion!

More
08 Feb 2006 18:01 #4423 by julievelor
Replied by julievelor on topic Re: SGInc Manip Workshop 3.1 - Poll and comments
Okay, I know I'm a writer and not an artist, but I can't view Anterion's video clip with any of the software on my WinXP box. Windows Media Player, RealPlayer, QuickTime...

What codec do I need, and where do I get it from?

More
08 Feb 2006 19:20 #4424 by Woodclaw

Okay, I know I'm a writer and not an artist, but I can't view Anterion's video clip with any of the software on my WinXP box. Windows Media Player, RealPlayer, QuickTime...

Try with the K-Lite, it's a semiuniversal codec pack, that includes its own player, but works well even with Win Media Player 9. You can download it here

More
08 Feb 2006 19:22 #4425 by Woodclaw

Try with the K-Lite, it's a semiuniversal codec pack, that includes its own player, but works well even with Win Media Player 9. You can download it here www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Codec_Pack.htm

Sorry for the double post, but I have a problem with the url.

More
08 Feb 2006 20:50 #4426 by helix111
Often you can have the right codec but certain (or sometimes most) players won't play the video for some reson or another.

VLC player is a free media player that plays pretty much anything. I don't use it a lot because the interface is a bit rubbish but I have it on my system because its pretty much the case that if VLC doesn't play it, nothing will (or you're missing a codec).

You can get VLC from this website:
www.videolan.org/vlc/

More
09 Feb 2006 03:14 #4429 by cha0tic1
Replied by cha0tic1 on topic Now that's more like it
:D That one of Anterion's is, for lack of a better term, cool. I could use the cliche that it blows me away.

Hope that bodes well for more superbreath pics from the Steeles.

I can only hope.

More
09 Feb 2006 17:53 #4440 by julievelor
Replied by julievelor on topic Re: SGInc Manip Workshop 3.1 - Poll and comments
Thanx. Installing K-Lite seems to have done it (at least for WMP and RealPlayer, not QuickTime). Again, thanx.

More
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds