Amount

SGInc full-length Story Workshop 1.8 - Topic Suggestions

25 Mar 2006 04:55 #5035 by YAGS
Since Alexa seems to be MIA, I have a suggestion.

How about a poll with a one week voting period of all the suggestions in this thread to decide the next topic? If Alexa shows up with a decision before it's over, then the poll becomes irrelevant and Alexa's decision stands. If not, we go with the majority's decision.

Oh, and I'll withdraw my suggestion of rewriting other people's stories. It was just something I was throwing out there without really thinking about it, but I pretty much agree that it's a silly idea. I still think it might be interesting if there are author(s) willing to donate specific stories to be rewritten. Letting everyone pick their own on something like that would just get weird, though.

YAGS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Mar 2006 23:53 #5037 by dhalgran34
Replied by dhalgran34 on topic Recycling stories
Greetings. I've been following the workshops off and on since 1.1. Unfortunetly, I've never been able to catch the topics early enough to get a story going. Concept, yes. Work, no.

That being said, I think the idea of recycling the topics of a previous workshop is an excellent idea. I am personally fond of 1.2 (Ubergirl vs army). I do believe that, as has been suggested, the ultimate topic should be: "Recycling topic, individual selection."

Dhalgran

More
27 Mar 2006 04:24 #5038 by ace191
How about taking a comic book story and re-writing it the way you would like it to end. You could use any story, but you would have to list where it was from like say Superman #563 or Lois Lane #71

More
27 Mar 2006 06:40 #5040 by YAGS

How about taking a comic book story and re-writing it the way you would like it to end. You could use any story, but you would have to list where it was from like say Superman #563 or Lois Lane #71

I think this is too specific. I already had a suggestion of fan fiction in my previous post with the three suggestions in it. That would include this possibility, without making the incorrect assumption that everyone here is a fan of mainstream American comics.

YAGS

More
29 Mar 2006 02:15 #5063 by xoronewithnature

Since Alexa seems to be MIA, I have a suggestion.

How about a poll with a one week voting period of all the suggestions in this thread to decide the next topic? If Alexa shows up with a decision before it's over, then the poll becomes irrelevant and Alexa's decision stands. If not, we go with the majority's decision.

I think the customary thing to do is give the runner up (oh dear god - was it Whitepaw?! :D) the deciscion in cases of sudden unexplained disappearance.

Oh, and I'll withdraw my suggestion of rewriting other people's stories... I still think it might be interesting if there are author(s) willing to donate specific stories to be rewritten.

I actually like this idea. I throw my stories out into the world expecting them to get 'handled' by others - either by criticism or by inspiring another story - as long as I get some sort of recognition I'm comfortable with it. Of course, whether any one would actually want to do a continuation or rewriting of any of my stories is another question entirely. I, for instance, have found myself strangely fascinated with CF's story "The Gift" (at least I think that's the one with the strange egg from space).

The only potential difficulty would be the akward 'dating' dilemma of asking another writer's permission for the use of his stories. That would be circumvented by your suggestion that donations be made to the potential pool. In a way it would be like workshop 1.1 all over again - except the inspiration would be a story, not a picture.

More
29 Mar 2006 07:57 #5068 by willow
Sorry I have been out of the loop. How about this for the next topic?

In a world of superheroes and villains (original or published comic universe, your choice), an ubergirl obtains even more power than anyone else.

1. What does she do with her enhanced powers?
2. Wreck havok willingly or unwillingly?
3. Even some old scores or clean-up crime?
4. What about fellow superheroes and villains?
5. How do they react and feel about this new and improved ubergirl?
6. Most importantly, how does the ubergirl feel about her new powers and opinions of others?

The following is only a suggestion or request about the story:
1. No Rogue absorbs every other mutant/superhero story, please. It's just too easy.
2. Main Ubergirl character specializes in other type of powers before further enhancement. For example, a psychic who suddenly has incredible strength and invulnerability along with her mental powers.
3. If being a superpowered being is like being a goddess among ordinary men, then how does an ubergirl feel about being a goddess over goddesses.

Comments and opinions welcome.

Alexa

More
29 Mar 2006 15:14 #5073 by lfan
Alexa --

I like the topic! If all else fails I can resubmit Zupergirl! :P
I guess game on then as the winner has spoken!

LF

In a world of superheroes and villains (original or published comic universe, your choice), an ubergirl obtains even more power than anyone else.

6. Most importantly, how does the ubergirl feel about her new powers and opinions of others?

1. No Rogue absorbs every other mutant/superhero story, please. It's just too easy.
2. Main Ubergirl character specializes in other type of powers before further enhancement. For example, a psychic who suddenly has incredible strength and invulnerability along with her mental powers.
3. If being a superpowered being is like being a goddess among ordinary men, then how does an ubergirl feel about being a goddess over goddesses.

Alexa

More
03 Apr 2006 23:10 #5116 by dhalgran34
Replied by dhalgran34 on topic I like this one
I like this idea. I don't know if it will be the official topic or not, but I think I'm going to write a story to it.

Alexa

More
03 Apr 2006 23:13 #5117 by argonaut
Yes, please make it official.

More
04 Apr 2006 03:49 #5119 by WhitePaw
May I humbly suggest not necessarily a musical, but a 1000-word SWM piece inspired by the tune of your choice?

Wuv,
-Paw

More
04 Apr 2006 14:19 #5121 by admin
The topic for the Supergirls Incorporated Story Workshop 1.8, as chosen by Alexa Papas, the author of the most popular entry to Workshop 1.7, is:

"In a world of superheroes and villains (original or published comic universe, your choice), an ubergirl obtains even more power than anyone else."

Word limit: None

Deadline for submitting entries: 30th June 2006

On your marks.... get set.... Write!

admin

• admin
  • admin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds