Amount

Those Were the Days....

17 Mar 2006 17:59 #4961 by brantley
Those Were the Days.... was created by brantley
Just found a printout of the results of Workshop 1.1 back in November 2004 when SGI had its own domain at Ubergirls -- 278 total votes. A lot more than at the Xtreme Strength contests. Now we're lucky to get a tenth that many. If only SGI could return.....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• brantley
  • brantley's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
17 Mar 2006 18:03 #4962 by brantley
Replied by brantley on topic Re: Those Were the Days....
And Xtreme Strength hasn't had an update simce Dec. 31. Very xtrange.

--Brantley

• brantley
  • brantley's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
17 Mar 2006 23:51 #4963 by ace191
Replied by ace191 on topic Re: Those Were the Days....
Especially for those of us awaiting the last chapter of The Project.

More
18 Mar 2006 00:20 #4964 by argonaut
Replied by argonaut on topic Re: Those Were the Days....
278 votes? :shock: Where are those people now? The only explanation I can think of is that Greg's site promoted communication among the various corners of this genre. Maybe FMG aficionados (for example) don't drop by super-girl sites as readily nowadays. Thoughts, anybody?

More
18 Mar 2006 07:04 #4966 by YAGS
Replied by YAGS on topic Re: Those Were the Days....
Yeah, I'd be curious where those people are now, too. I wasn't even one of them, since I joined this online community fairly late, and only became a little more actively involved after SWM came into existance.

One thing that seems to have been a recurring problem was that the SWM domain name didn't seem to propogate correctly at first. Some of us (myself included) couldn't get to the site by just pointing our web browser at the www.superwomenmania.com address. I had to modify the hosts file on my PC to tell it the numeric IP address first. The same goes for ConceptFan's IP names since the switch. For some reason, some major internet companies just didn't recognize those domain names, which I'm sure kept some people from finding this site when it was created. I just tested, and this doesn't seem to be a problem any more, though.

YAGS

More
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds