Amount

UPDATED 10/27/06 w/ Extension: Workshop 2.6 NOW ON!!

05 Sep 2006 15:35 #6725 by admin
We present the:

Supergirls Incorporated "Short" Story Workshop 2.6

Workshop Topic: "Ubergirl accidentally causes destruction through inexperienced misuse of her powers"

Max length of entries: One thousand words

Deadline for submissions: October 12th 2006

Send entries to:

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Good luck everyone!

admin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• admin
  • admin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
06 Sep 2006 00:54 #6729 by YAGS
I have absolutely no idea what to do for this one.

Also, I'm noticing that the deadline is shorter than usual on this one, too. So both of these workshops are 6 weeks or less, as opposed to the usual 2 months or more, with only 2 weeks between the deadlines of the two of them. That's likely to hurt participation, which we really can't afford with as bad as it's been lately.

I'll try to enter at least one of them, just to participate and try to help keep the workshops going, but on short time limits with no good story ideas, I don't know what I'll come up with.

YAGS

More
06 Sep 2006 01:30 #6732 by mikeyfreedom
Hmmm.....running low on ideas for this one.

More
06 Sep 2006 03:41 #6733 by YAGS

I have absolutely no idea what to do for this one.

And just a few hours later, here I am changing my tune.

I'm in.

I went back and looked at some of the bits and pieces I've started writing in the past, and I found one that qualifies for this theme. It's actually something that was originally written for workshop 1.3 (ubergirl vs ubergirl theme), but I never finished that story or submitted it to the site. The first chapter is the origin of one of the ubergirls, in which she finds out about her powers accidentally, and loses the security deposit on her apartment in the process...

It's pretty rough, and it's over the 1000 word limit, but I think I can fix it up. We'll see how it turns out.

YAGS

More
10 Sep 2006 01:53 #6788 by YAGS
Done and submitted.

Now to work on my story for workshop 1.9. Of course, that means deciding which one I want to work on next and use for that workshop.

YAGS

More
24 Oct 2006 04:36 #7104 by argonaut
I just noticed the deadline for this workshop was nearly two weeks ago.

So what happened? I seem to recall YAGS saying he'd sent a story in. Anyone else? Has there been an extension?

More
25 Oct 2006 06:28 #7113 by YAGS

So what happened? I seem to recall YAGS saying he'd sent a story in. Anyone else? Has there been an extension?

Yeah, I noticed that too, but I've been too busy with other stuff in my life lately to care. I barely even remember what I wrote, but I'm pretty sure it was my worst work to date. I hope there were other entries. It would be pretty embarrassing to win by default with such a lame story.

YAGS

More
27 Oct 2006 11:53 #7132 by lfan
Due to various factors and circumstances -- procrastination and bad luck of the Workshop curator being chief among them -- the short story workshop deadline has been extended to NOVEMBER 8th.

My apologies to the readers and more importantly the submitters who dutifully submitted according to the original due date (you know who you are)

Game on, folks! AGAIN....

ElF

Yeah, I noticed that too, but I've been too busy with other stuff in my life lately to care. I barely even remember what I wrote, but I'm pretty sure it was my worst work to date. I hope there were other entries. It would be pretty embarrassing to win by default with such a lame story.

YAGS

More
09 Nov 2006 13:20 #7301 by brantley
??????????????????????

More
09 Nov 2006 21:21 #7312 by admin

??????????????????????

Has Brantley fallen asleep on his keyboard?

Anyway, it's a good opportunity to announce that due to travel commitments, all submissions for Supergirls Incorporated "Short" Story Workshop 2.6 will be deposited in the Super Women Mania StoryBank on Monday (Nov 13th). At that time, the voting and comments thread will be posted.

The next three days would a good opportunity for anyone wanting to slip in a last minute entry while no-one's looking. After all, it's only 1,000 words! Topic and submission details at the top of this thread...

admin.

• admin
  • admin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
09 Nov 2006 22:31 #7313 by brantley
Admin wrote: Has Brantley fallen asleep on his keyboard?

No, just puzzled at my keyboard. Thanks for ending the puzzlement, which I'm sure wasn't mine alone.

More
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds