Amount

SGInc Workshop Poll for Authors or WannaBes

04 Apr 2007 18:07 #8917 by lfan
It's not whether you win or lose, its how you play the game.....that said, I'll try to post a list of WS winners for reference.

Seems like people are doing pairing on the back channels, and I don't really wanna randomize picking partners, so let's say the contest/challenge is on. I'll try and start a thread for partnering (after my million other things I haven't done yet).

Feel free to start up convos/share ideas/talk about UF football or basketball....whatever shoots your fancy.

Deadline will prob be in 3-4 months to give ample time, but I need to run by admin....

Peace
ElF

That's actually a pretty good plan. And no, I've never won a workshop. I think I was second once, but that's as close as I've come.

YAGS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
09 Apr 2007 17:53 #8951 by WhitePaw
Sigh, ok. I'll ignore that comment about 'looser' like I ignore most the judging around here...

1.) Strengths as a writer
Metaphor, descriptions, efficiency.
2.) Weaknesses as a writer:
Ego, closure, pacing.
3.) Link to samples of my writing(drawing?):
groups.yahoo.com/groups/vagabondseye/
4.) Prefered styles:
Noir gunwriting. Any power level, any moral alignment-- but be warned none of this SWM-genre stuff comes from any part of my "upstanding citizen" sides.
5.) Ideal partner:
Sunny fluffball to lighten up my pacing and put some reader-friendly breathing space in, unravel the first few layers of my of metaphor a bit for the readers who just plain don't get any of it (that'd be outright ALL of you, no exceptions), mebby tack on a sappy/happy ending.
6.) Time constraints:
When I write I slam something out within a week with no warning. Few days at most. Looking for someone I can just pull the pin and toss it over the wall to. I'd be available for interrogation over YIM late nights by arrangement. I've no cares anymore for contest timing around here, just doing it for the art, unfettered by any care if anybody "gets it" anymore.

More
11 Apr 2007 01:54 #8975 by mikeyfreedom
Replied by mikeyfreedom on topic Re: SGInc Workshop Poll for Authors or WannaBes
1.) Strengths as a writer
Attention to detail, action sequences, TF scenes.
2.) Weaknesses as a writer:
Slow paced stories
3.) Link to samples of my writing(drawing?):
All my good stuff is here at SWM.
4.) Prefered styles:
Action-packed, classic superhero style stuff. Good vs evil, plenty of secret ID stuff.
5.) Ideal partner:
Someone with the patience to put up with me.
6.) Time constraints:
When I get an idea in my head i'll write till the cows come home. It's inbetween times that worries me. Full time job (multimedia supervisor) plus full time pursuit (professional wrestler/gym) means I usually only have nights to myself.

More
Time to create page: 0.041 seconds