Ok, I will do. Thank you fats.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fats
The topic has been locked.
More
23 Aug 2018 00:03 #60787 by jnw550
Replied by jnw550 on topic Prodigy!
Wow..,

Sent you a PM, fats.

Everyone wants to be a beast, until it's time to do what real beasts do.
More
23 Aug 2018 00:46 #60789 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Prodigy!
Good points, Fats. You made me think. It's so easy to fall into nerdy, charged arguments around characters and stories. 

Political correctness, meaning speech that doesn't hurt, offend or alienate anyone, combined with an upbeat and optimistic outlook are very powerful forces for building a community. Which, after all, is something we want to do with SWM. 

Who would want to join a group of grumpy old men arguing about minuscule details? There are other forums for that stuff. 

Shadar
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kamelmann
  • shadar
  • Away
  • Legend of SWM
  • Legend of SWM
More
23 Aug 2018 00:55 #60790 by Raa
Replied by Raa on topic Prodigy!
Have to say I'm impressed.  How many times has this thread got hijacked?  Not that those hijacked sub-topics are not interesting, but...

Thanks for the interesting Prodigy story.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monty
More
23 Aug 2018 01:58 #60791 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Prodigy!

fats wrote:

Posting of content without reference to the artist or creator will not be permitted unless it is shown that it the content is from an anonymous source, if the content has been shared on Facebook or another social media platform a link to the post must be included with the post, Admins will decide on the matter on a case by case basis,

I have to say this is far more than I expected from my outburst.  It's a very nice change, and it is good etiquette (esp for lesser known creators). 

This rule is broken just about everywhere else on the internet, but it shouldn't be hard to find an original source. (I know as sometimes I search my commissions to find them and it's rare if it's credited when it's used to the artist (awesome) or me (only matters as someone could find the artist).)

If people don't know the tricks to find the original source, message me and I'll try to help you out.  I would hope that "I don't know who this is" is ok, because we've demonstrated that others will indeed go find that out (and have done so several times in the past w/o being prompted!)

fats wrote: And we need to remember that this site is meant to be fun.

Fats

And I hope that guiding principle goes to both enforcing this rule, and discourse.  More art is better!  I have a lot of art that I have no idea where it came from originally, and I try to always save things with names back to the artist!

I've not posted in some posts simply because I felt like I'd end up ranting like I did in this one (and it's not fun) or I'd be getting in to a converstation where I only want one shard of it and it's not the part that is getting the sunlight.  I used to post a lot more, and have more fun, so I'm thinking about why that is the case and what I can do about it.

In fact, I think my last several posts HAVE been rants, and I suspect I shut down a thread recently.   (sorry!)

OTH, one thing I like is that we CAN talk about weird tangents of things.  We just need to be aware and back off sometimes. ;-)
  • TwiceOnThursdays
  • Uberposter
  • Uberposter
More
23 Aug 2018 02:04 #60792 by Dru1076
Replied by Dru1076 on topic Prodigy!
A clever use of images to create a narrative. Thanks for sharing with us. I hope you will continue to put together threads like this mate. It is threads like this make the forum a fun place to visit. You never know when someone is going to post a little treat like this.

Perhaps it would be best to PM people when you want to call them out on things you find offensive or wrong, and give them a chance to make changes behind the scenes rather than publicly chastising them. I know I would have much preferred to recieve recent criticism privately rather than feel embarrassed in the forum. Though, to be fair, I think most people have thicker skin than I do,

"Stupid Reality!" - Homer J. Simpson
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raa, SCOTT R, TwiceOnThursdays, Monty
More
23 Aug 2018 12:46 #60798 by Monty
Replied by Monty on topic Prodigy!

Raa wrote: Have to say I'm impressed.  How many times has this thread got hijacked?  Not that those hijacked sub-topics are not interesting, but...

Thanks again to JohnnyHaradrim and his great work.

www.deviantart.com/?global=1&q=Johnnyharadrim
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raa, TwiceOnThursdays
More
23 Aug 2018 16:35 #60803 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Prodigy!

Monty wrote:

Raa wrote: Have to say I'm impressed.  How many times has this thread got hijacked?  Not that those hijacked sub-topics are not interesting, but...

Thanks again to JohnnyHaradrim and his great work.

www.deviantart.com/?global=1&q=Johnnyharadrim

I'm going to state again (since it was in my long rant):

JohnnyHaradrim is a great guy, and fun to work with.  If you like his art, is rates are REALLY reasonable. 

I've commissioned a LOT of artists (> 50).
www.deviantart.com/cerebus873/gallery/

and a lot from him:
www.deviantart.com/cerebus873/gallery/?c...t=0&q=johnnyharadrim

And he's definately at the top of people to work with, doubly so when you consider cost/quality/exeperience.
  • TwiceOnThursdays
  • Uberposter
  • Uberposter
More
24 Aug 2018 08:04 #60808 by fats
Replied by fats on topic Prodigy!
I've deleted the pictures from this site, I've had a formal request to do so from the copyright owner, so therefore I've complied with that request.

Fats
More
24 Aug 2018 16:18 #60817 by Monty
Replied by Monty on topic Prodigy!
Sorry to hear, but JohnnyHaradrim is within his rights. Ah well, it was good while it lasted and hopefully has promoted his DA site.
More
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds