Amount
× Polite reminder: some great stuff being posted here; use the THANK YOU button to reward others for their efforts, and encourage further contributions. It's free, but worth a lot..!

A few images

24 May 2013 16:42 #31681 by castor
Replied by castor on topic A few images
Three tricks i sometimes use GeekSeven:

1. Make a new layer and hand draw in some shadows in black. these can do a lot to make an image look more real. i like to smeer them a bit afterwards. if it goes over the models real skin, thats not a bad thin. then lower the opacity-sometimes like 10 15 percent. i like to mess around with diffrent types of layer styles:screen works good for this. I sometimes do a couple of these. White also works for highlights.

you can work this to match the natural photo but you don't have to be super accurate about it.

2.You mentioned using textures. I like to use two or three. Then lowering the opoacity to agian like 10 11 , maybe smeering a little to take the edge of the fabric.

3. You talked about using the models skin as a layer. i like to do the same thing by putting it on top of the image. but very small. like 5 10 percent maybe as a screen or like a color or value layer. it adds a little pop to the image.

(i like screen layers)

However its a good picture.

I don't think theres a chance in hell they whould make a supergirl movie agian, but yes alison brie is easily the best choice for the part. I do someday she gets a chance to put on a silly costume. she whould do wonders with it.
The topic has been locked.
More
24 May 2013 18:54 #31682 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic A few images
I didn't much care for Caitlan's ginger looks, although she was an interesting faux Supergirl. Supes was such a gentleman, albeit condescending toward her. That could have been written a bit more dramatically.

But as far as the brunette hair being a part of Linda's disguise that she hasn't shed yet (wig or that charged particle comb thingy)... that works for me.

But my SG's have got to be gloriously blonde. The hair and the costume and those blue eyes are all part of the package.

Shadar

algae2k wrote:

shadar wrote: I like the cape treatment... nice work. Although it looks like the gold clasp would ride upward to her neck. Great background... SG in space is always a hit with me. Don't care for the model. Hips and head a big large implying she's not very tall. I understand those are your model's natural shape. Also SG should be gloriously blonde.

Overall design of the costume is interesting, but her left arm looks way too long.

Thanks for working on this... there are never enough SG picts in the world.

Shadar

C'mon now... you don't think that Caitlin pulled off the ginger Supergirl look in the mini-series?

Maybe the brunette locks are the last things to change as she transforms into Supergirl?

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
24 May 2013 19:25 #31683 by shadar
This isn't my work (although I made some tweaks, including shortening the skirt), but at the moment this is my gold standard image for Supergirl. Laura is nearly perfect, if they'd only dressed her in the whole costume as shown here, she'd have been stunning.

Most will recognize this as a tweaked pict from the Smallville TV show.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Shadar
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, dave147
  • shadar
More
25 May 2013 03:05 #31688 by inactive
Replied by inactive on topic A few images

shadar wrote:
But my SG's have got to be gloriously blonde. The hair and the costume and those blue eyes are all part of the package.

Shadar

I could not disagree with you more. Regular women come in all shapes, sizes, colors, and types: in my way of thinking, superwomen should as well. :)

- GeekSeven
More
25 May 2013 03:16 #31689 by shadar
Superwomen perhaps can come in any shape or color.

But not Supergirl, aka Kara Zor El. I can't think of a single DC Comics Supergirl comic book where Kara was depicted as anything but cute, blonde, slender and blue-eyed. Other than when in her Linda disguise, of course.

Shadar

geekseven wrote:

shadar wrote:

Shadar

I could not disagree with you more. Regular women come in all shapes, sizes, colors, and types: in my way of thinking, superwomen should as well. :)

• shadar
More
25 May 2013 03:35 #31690 by inactive
Replied by inactive on topic A few images

shadar wrote: Superwomen perhaps can come in any shape or color.

But not Supergirl, aka Kara Zor El. I can't think of a single DC Comics Supergirl comic book where Kara was depicted as anything but cute, blonde, slender and blue-eyed. Other than when in her Linda disguise, of course.

Shadar

But Supergirl is not the only woman to have worn the 'S'... Super-Alison is not Kara Zor El, she is, well, she is someone else. She still kicks butt, though.

- GeekSeven
More
25 May 2013 08:59 #31691 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic A few images

geekseven wrote:

shadar wrote:

geekseven wrote:

shadar wrote:

Shadar

Superwomen perhaps can come in any shape or color.

Shadar

But Supergirl is not the only woman to have worn the 'S'... Super-Alison is not Kara Zor El, she is, well, she is someone else. She still kicks butt, though.

My sentiments on this subject are very ambivalent. If we are talking about "the" Supergirl, as in Kara Zor-El, I have to agree with Shadar: blonde hair etc. are iconic to her look (although I wouldn't mind to see some variation of her every now and then). Still, if we are talking about "a" supergirl, I have to side with G7.

At this point I think we might have to open another discussion about what are the key traits of "a" supergirl
More
26 May 2013 03:45 #31705 by shadar
Body Paint

Not sure if I've posted this before or not... the body paint is real, NOT a photoenhance. Someone must have had fun painting this. Not the greatest artist, but he might have been distracted. Hell, with that canvas, I'd try my hand at painting an "S". And I'm no artist.

Kate Upton's head has been photoshopped onto a Brazilian model's body, but from the neck down, its not a photoenhance.

Shadar
  • shadar
More
26 May 2013 06:43 - 26 May 2013 07:15 #31706 by ong76win2
Replied by ong76win2 on topic A few images
Hello Shadar. Kate Upton is an excellent choice of being a Supergirl. She has all the traits and looks, blue eyes, blonde hair, sexy, and etc...

Here is a picture of her in Sports Illustrated and another one in lingerie (Hope I not breaking any rules posting this).

Can you please manipulate her pictures shadar? Without changing her eye colors. Only what she is wearing. Like changing it to wearing a Supergirl Uniform. Thank you.

This message has attachments images.

Last edit: 26 May 2013 07:15 by ong76win2.
More
26 May 2013 11:26 #31707 by Esteban
Replied by Esteban on topic A few images
I think the first one already is a bit supergirl-ish, because it must have been freezing but she obviously didn't give a damn ;)

"So you seem to have come to find my fortress of solitude, huh? I know I've been gone for a few months now, sorry about that. I'm not exactly keeping its location a secret, but still, what if I'd turned evil in the meantime? Imagine what I'd do to you guys now. It gets pretty lonely up here, I guess a frustrated supervillain would surely take her time torturing you. I digress - it *does* get pretty lonely up here, and you look quite handsome. How about I take you back to my cozy fortress? I'll make it worthwile, I promise. Your female assistant over there can join in if she wants, I don't really care about the gender of my playmates. Oh, you say she's your girlfriend? Don't worry, I think there won't be a problem. I can be very convincing you know... a few kind words, compliments, positive attention - and super pheromones, of course. You stay right here, wait a minute.[...]Hey, you over there! That's a nice jacket you have, I love the colour! What do you think of my swim suit? I'm wearing it for the first time and I'm not sure if it's maybe a bit too snug. Would you mind taking a closer look? I'm Kara by the way, *pleased* to meet you. What's your name?"...

I wonder why she doesn't just fly to the next town and grab a couple of people there if she craves sex so much ;)
More
26 May 2013 13:55 #31708 by ong76win2

Esteban wrote: I think the first one already is a bit supergirl-ish, because it must have been freezing but she obviously didn't give a damn ;)

"So you seem to have come to find my fortress of solitude, huh? I know I've been gone for a few months now, sorry about that. I'm not exactly keeping its location a secret, but still, what if I'd turned evil in the meantime? Imagine what I'd do to you guys now. It gets pretty lonely up here, I guess a frustrated supervillain would surely take her time torturing you. I digress - it *does* get pretty lonely up here, and you look quite handsome. How about I take you back to my cozy fortress? I'll make it worthwile, I promise. Your female assistant over there can join in if she wants, I don't really care about the gender of my playmates. Oh, you say she's your girlfriend? Don't worry, I think there won't be a problem. I can be very convincing you know... a few kind words, compliments, positive attention - and super pheromones, of course. You stay right here, wait a minute.[...]Hey, you over there! That's a nice jacket you have, I love the colour! What do you think of my swim suit? I'm wearing it for the first time and I'm not sure if it's maybe a bit too snug. Would you mind taking a closer look? I'm Kara by the way, *pleased* to meet you. What's your name?"...

I wonder why she doesn't just fly to the next town and grab a couple of people there if she craves sex so much ;)

Thanks Esteban. :)
More
26 May 2013 14:07 #31709 by shadar
Relative to putting a costume on Kate...I'm the wrong one to ask. I'm a collector of photo enhances and a tweaker (like putting Kate's head on that body-painted model), but I've never mastered painting costumes on. You'll have to ask someone with real talent for that.

Shadar
  • shadar
More
26 May 2013 14:52 #31710 by ong76win2

shadar wrote: Relative to putting a costume on Kate...I'm the wrong one to ask. I'm a collector of photo enhances and a tweaker (like putting Kate's head on that body-painted model), but I've never mastered painting costumes on. You'll have to ask someone with real talent for that.

Shadar

Oh ok. Hope someone can do something with the images and make kate a supergirl.
More
28 May 2013 23:36 #31744 by shadar
A Velorian among humans.

More correctly, per the Aurora Universe lore, the picture below shows a Homo Sapiens Supremis walking next to some Homo Sapiens. (All are human, but one is superhuman).

This picture (a photoshop treatment) captures what for me is the most likely appearance of a Velorian among people of normal height.

This makes hiding in plain sight more challenging, yet many Protectors do hide among the population in the various AU stories.

While unusually tall women are well accepted by society as witnessed by Maria Sharapova and many other female athletes, as well as most fashion models, etc.,
we don't typically run into women who look like this on the street.

Actually, you can rule out most models given that Vels carry more muscle than any model.

So a Vel pretending to be human would be perceived by everyone as exceptionally tall and strong. So that pretty much narrows their choice of secret identities down to athletes.

Many AU writers (especially me) began ignoring this as we wrote stories.

By the way, if the discussion above doesn't mean anything to you, you can still enjoy the picture, retitled A Superwoman among Humans. By the way, the girl is a young Anna Kournikova. The men in green are workers at Wimbleton.

The following user(s) said Thank You: aki_zz
  • shadar
More
31 May 2013 10:40 #31764 by peterso20
Replied by peterso20 on topic A few images
Nice little Supergirl set I came across on Flickr:

www.flickr.com/photos/sexycosplaygirls/sets/72157633794668940/
The following user(s) said Thank You: sgfan05
More
31 May 2013 10:45 #31765 by njae
Replied by njae on topic A few images

peterso20 wrote: Nice little Supergirl set I came across on Flickr:

www.flickr.com/photos/sexycosplaygirls/sets/72157633794668940/

There's already a thread about these pictures.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Supergirlfan
  • njae
  • Away
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
01 Jun 2013 02:01 #31774 by starfury483
Replied by starfury483 on topic A few images

This message has an attachment image.

The following user(s) said Thank You: shadar, SCOTT R, Supergirlfan, castor
More
01 Jun 2013 05:51 #31776 by peterso20
Replied by peterso20 on topic A few images
Ah, apologies!!
More
03 Jun 2013 20:20 #31795 by starfury483
Replied by starfury483 on topic A few images

This message has an attachment image.

More
03 Jun 2013 20:35 #31796 by shadar
Jennifer Anniston was in incredibly physical condition back in 2008... this is the kind of physique I would expect of a superwoman.

Shadar
  • shadar
More
03 Jun 2013 22:19 #31797 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Jeffach's Superwomen
I just found this picture, for me it's beyond cool.

Be sure to check the author's gallery
The following user(s) said Thank You: shadar, sgfan05, aki_zz, pansardum
More
04 Jun 2013 22:59 #31810 by clipfreak
Replied by clipfreak on topic A few images
@Shadar

Jennifer Anniston looks pretty massive there, are you sure it isn't a manip? Especially her upper arms, it looks like she could bench her own weight.

Not that I mind, i find it extremely sexy :) Do you know if she was in this shape for a particular movie, haven't seen most of her recent movies might have to change that if this was the result of part preparations.
More
07 Jun 2013 16:10 - 07 Jun 2013 17:22 #31824 by Raa
Last edit: 07 Jun 2013 17:22 by pansardum. Reason: fixed the linking/added preview
More
08 Jun 2013 10:49 #31850 by Esteban
Replied by Esteban on topic A few images
God I love those modern looking fabrics of the newer costumes.
More
09 Jun 2013 22:17 #31882 by shadar
One of the questionable periods of the Supergirl comics... Matrix. She's a sentient alien whose body is formed of "protoplasm" that she can reshape as she wishes, including gaining the powers of anyone she mimics. Matrix loved the idea of the long-dead Supergirl, so she made herself into her... kind of.

Some of the stories were creepy (with her becoming Lex Luthor's underage girlfriend), but some of the artwork from that series was pretty cool. Also her over-use of extreme physical strength was fun.

Here's one of my favorite picts of the time:

Shadar
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, kshoo, jyache, SCOTT R, Supergirlfan
  • shadar
More
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds