Amount
× Polite reminder: some great stuff being posted here; use the THANK YOU button to reward others for their efforts, and encourage further contributions. It's free, but worth a lot..!

ImageBank Now Open

19 Sep 2005 23:55 #2600 by admin
ImageBank Now Open was created by admin
SuperWomenMania is proud to announce the opening of our ImageBank at:
www.superwomenmania.com/imagebank

Enjoy!

admin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• admin
  • admin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
22 Sep 2005 18:28 #2661 by WhitePaw
Replied by WhitePaw on topic Re: ImageBank Now Open
Careful ...encourage the original, absolutely YAY! But 'bout them paysites...
It's just not... knowwhatI'msayin ... ? :?
And what'sabout the serverspace crunch?

Sowy, couldn't hold it. Shuddingup now.:cry:
-White Paw

More
22 Sep 2005 20:36 #2664 by alexbutton8878
Replied by alexbutton8878 on topic Re: ImageBank Now Open
how do you mean?
what does 'And what'sabout the serverspace crunch?' mean?

On another note, great new images and a new character from the Steele universe. What happened to Adara, and even more to the point, what happened to Kendall? She was great!!

More
22 Sep 2005 21:16 #2666 by Bully_pup
Replied by Bully_pup on topic Re: ImageBank Now Open
Alex, Adara is in school out of state. And Kendall is a new Mom. I expect to shoot Adara on her next visit home, but I think Kendall is going to be sitting it out for a while.

bully_pup -- Kelly

More
23 Sep 2005 00:09 #2668 by WhitePaw
Replied by WhitePaw on topic Re: ImageBank Now Open
Alright....w/ more of the vowels this time:

Jus seemed t' me admin went on a huge tantrum a while back about all the links being tacked on here as free advertising to pay $ite$ instead of fanboy share sites with original, 'for-the-love' (freebie--and not for advertizing on the not-so-freebie) content--and the first and third galleries here he kicks up are to um....

pay sites. :cry:

I was jus standin here sin-free and stone in-hand when I felt the casting call. I couldn't resist.

Sigh. Seems nobody's doing it for the wuv no more.
I'm gonna slip out the back now.:?

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Sigh.
-White Paw

More
23 Sep 2005 00:34 #2669 by conceptfan
Replied by conceptfan on topic Re: ImageBank Now Open
Whitepaw, seems to me admin was moaning about paysites using this free forum as unlimited unconditional advertising space. Now, two of the sites in question are returning the favour by giving pictures exclusively to SWM, for SWM members to enjoy for free.

The paysites in question are very much "on topic" and the pictures they're donating are completely in line with the purpose of these forums - encouraging the creation of new/enjoyment of existing genre art (be that photoshoots, videoclips, films, comic art, drawings, stories, photomanips or whatever)

Makes sense in a pragmatic way. The paysites benefit from being able to promote their content more effectively. SWM benefits by being able to offer its members quality pictures that are not available anywhere else - and SWM is still FREE.

Admin should have more tantrums if they all end up with enhanced content on the forum.

Two more things while I'm here and there's still some Chivas Regal in my glass...

1) Whitepaw, why did you have to post your objections 4 times? To make your point seem stronger? (Do you really think Admin or anyone else round here doesn't remember posting that rant last week?) What's your objection to the galleries? That they have been donated by commercial enterprises in return for a plug? That 2 of the 3 galleries opened feature photos not artwork? Or that you didn't think of the idea?

2) Jon X and Bully_pup: thanks for the pictures. Who needs "cheap v1agra by post" when they can log in here for free and feast their ubergirl fetish?

OK, glass emptied. Goodnight, sweet principles.

More
23 Sep 2005 10:14 #2677 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: ImageBank Now Open
Hi.

We thought all this was made clear. This was never an issue about money...

A couple of websites have agreed a mutually beneficial exchange programme with SuperWomenMania. We're delighted with the arrangements which allow us to bring exclusive material, not available anywhere else, to our members. You'd think we'd started charging a fee for people to use and enjoy these forums!

The server space/traffic crunch is still very crunchy. Nothing's changed there. We're very limited on what we can host/showcase here, so we're aiming for quality (i.e. professional, and where possible, exclusive or rare, material) over quantity. The galleries cannot expand infinitely unfortunately, so the works on display in the ImageBank will be changed as regularly as possible, unlike the StoryBank with its cumulative contents.

I hope that clears up any remaining confusion.

I'd like to thank Bully_pup and the Steeles, JonX and Lfan for donating works for the ImageBank.

admin.

• admin
  • admin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
24 Sep 2005 01:37 #2687 by ace191
Replied by ace191 on topic Re: ImageBank Now Open
Any thought to having small galleries that change frequently of 1) amatures and 2) comic book covers/stories/scans. I can provide
several comic stories that I have on my computer. Maybe keep them up for a week and rotate.

More
24 Sep 2005 02:15 #2688 by argonaut
Replied by argonaut on topic Re: ImageBank Now Open
If lfan ever needs a break from the ImageBank, admin should take ace up on his offer. I know he has some Silver Age ubergirl stories that a lot of us would get a kick out of!

More
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds