Amount
× Polite reminder: some great stuff being posted here; use the THANK YOU button to reward others for their efforts, and encourage further contributions. It's free, but worth a lot..!

SGInc Gallery Updated

11 Nov 2007 05:12 #10841 by ace191
Replied by ace191 on topic Re: SGInc Gallery Updated
Found it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Nov 2007 14:30 #10863 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: SGInc Gallery Updated

Found it.

Then he scanned it and sent it to SWM.
Now in the ImageBank - check out the "Ace's Comic Place" thread...

admin.

• admin
  • admin's Avatar Topic Author
  • SWM - Administrator
  • SWM - Administrator
More
04 Dec 2007 22:32 #11050 by argonaut
Replied by argonaut on topic Re: SGInc Gallery Updated

Many thanks to Argonaut for donating a brand new commission drawn by Michael Dooney.

See a scan of the original drawing AND a version coloured by our very own Lfan in the SWM ImageBank.

Click on the ImageBank link at the top of the page, or here: http://www.superwomenmania.com/imagebank and follow the links to the SGInc Gallery.

admin.

If you're curious -- That's "Dumb Bunny." She was a member of a team of inept super-heroes called the Inferior Five, who had their own comic book for a while back in the 1960's. She was very strong and very, uh, blonde -- not a very PC concept, but this was the Silver Age!

Can anyone (besides Lfan) identify the inspiration for the gag?

In case anyone's curious -- One of my favorite "Far Side" cartoons shows a pudgy, bespectacled kid pushing determinedly at the front door of a "School for the Gifted." A large sign on the door says "PULL." It makes me laugh every time I think of it -- which is whenever I do the same thing myself!

It came to mind when I was trying to come up with a gag for a Dumb Bunny commission.

I loved "The Far Side." That, and "Calvin and Hobbes."

• argonaut
  • Uberposter of Distinction
  • Uberposter of Distinction
More
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds