Amount
× Polite reminder: some great stuff being posted here; use the THANK YOU button to reward others for their efforts, and encourage further contributions. It's free, but worth a lot..!

Heat-Vision

24 Oct 2013 19:37 #33777 by Camille Jones
Heat-Vision was created by Camille Jones
I found this on imgur: imgur.com/gallery/LdkvO3U

And I can't help but think that if heat vision was ever a thing, it would look something like this.

You'd think that superspeed would make me more punctual, huh?
The following user(s) said Thank You: yaracyrrah

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Camille Jones
  • Camille Jones's Avatar Topic Author
More
24 Oct 2013 23:35 #33784 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Heat-Vision
Except for having two largely intersecting circles (two eyes) and I would think it works even faster. More dramatic with flammable things too.

I've always wanted to see a "realistic" video of heat vision being used to melt through a bank vault door that is a foot thick or so. As I envision it, the massive door would be glowing white-hot in the middle as it sags and starts to flow, tons and tons of steel liquifying with the edges of the door cherry-red from conducted heat.

A somewhat analogous scene was in one of the Star Wars movies where a Jedi stuck his lightsaber through an armored door and then held it there as it heated the entire door up to melting. Loved that imagery.

Shadar

Solaris wrote: I found this on imgur: imgur.com/gallery/LdkvO3U

And I can't help but think that if heat vision was ever a thing, it would look something like this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
Time to create page: 0.038 seconds