Amount
× Polite reminder: some great stuff being posted here; use the THANK YOU button to reward others for their efforts, and encourage further contributions. It's free, but worth a lot..!

A few Images 2 - The Sequel

13 Apr 2020 18:58 #67670 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic A few Images 2 - The Sequel

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: shadar, rednecko, aguilauno, Markiehoe, Garth_Vader
The topic has been locked.
  • Sarge395
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
15 Apr 2020 01:01 #67706 by slim36
Replied by slim36 on topic A few Images 2 - The Sequel
The alien superwoman makes an impressive hostile takeover bid.
He may have no other choice unless a blonde superwoman offers backup for a strong counteroffer

The following user(s) said Thank You: shadar, Woodclaw, reddofnonnac
More
15 Apr 2020 11:09 #67710 by slim36
A friendly looking Capt Marvel

The following user(s) said Thank You: rednecko, erikphandel, veggicidal
More
15 Apr 2020 13:07 #67712 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic A few Images 2 - The Sequel
Where is this picture from?

slim36 wrote: The alien superwoman makes an impressive hostile takeover bid.
He may have no other choice unless a blonde superwoman offers backup for a strong counteroffer

• Woodclaw
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
15 Apr 2020 14:31 - 15 Apr 2020 14:46 #67715 by Monty
Replied by Monty on topic A few Images 2 - The Sequel

Woodclaw wrote: Where is this picture from?

slim36 wrote: The alien superwoman makes an impressive hostile takeover bid.

It's by Devious3D on deviantart - he likes his girls GTS (His headline pic with the jet airliners is mindblowing).
Last edit: 15 Apr 2020 14:46 by Monty.
The following user(s) said Thank You: aguilauno
More
15 Apr 2020 20:37 - 15 Apr 2020 20:42 #67724 by AuGoose
Replied by AuGoose on topic A few Images 2 - The Sequel

shadar wrote: Attitude... this drawing has got LOTS of attitude.

I've got my big toe on the autistic spectrum, so I'm not always the best reader of body language and expressions, but I see confidence and maybe a bit of arrogance along with a sexy challenge.

I'd be interested to hear what else you read in her body language and facial expression, and how well you think it fits your concept of PG.

Shadar

Warning: Spoiler!

Her head is slightly tilted. That's a physical marker for active listening, meaning she's fully engaged with the viewer and waiting for a reaction/response to her presence. "Whatcha gonna say to me now?"

Fists closed is a physical challenge marker.
But it's combined with a hip push, so yes, it's a sexual physical challenge.
And with the torso full front and completely unguarded by her hands, she's indicating she knows she doesn't have to be defensive in any way. so it's a brazen sexual challenge.
Again combined with the head tilt its "Yeah, I know my power. What have you got, boy?"

All and all a well-framed and very clear message by the artist.
Last edit: 15 Apr 2020 20:42 by AuGoose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: shadar, slim36, kshoo, erikphandel
More
15 Apr 2020 23:43 #67726 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic A few Images 2 - The Sequel

AuGoose wrote:

shadar wrote: Attitude... this drawing has got LOTS of attitude.

I've got my big toe on the autistic spectrum, so I'm not always the best reader of body language and expressions, but I see confidence and maybe a bit of arrogance along with a sexy challenge.

I'd be interested to hear what else you read in her body language and facial expression, and how well you think it fits your concept of PG.

Shadar

Warning: Spoiler!

Her head is slightly tilted. That's a physical marker for active listening, meaning she's fully engaged with the viewer and waiting for a reaction/response to her presence. "Whatcha gonna say to me now?"

Fists closed is a physical challenge marker.
But it's combined with a hip push, so yes, it's a sexual physical challenge.
And with the torso full front and completely unguarded by her hands, she's indicating she knows she doesn't have to be defensive in any way. so it's a brazen sexual challenge.
Again combined with the head tilt its "Yeah, I know my power. What have you got, boy?"

All and all a well-framed and very clear message by the artist.

Tks... I can get the first level of body language, but I'm not good at going deeper and understanding interplays and nuances. 

Your description makes total sense to me. Combined with the picture, it's a good concept for a story. She has such a radically different personality (and look!) than sweet, demure Supergirl that she's great fun. But PG seems really hard to write as a character. For me anyway. I've tried a few times, but haven't nailed it yet. If fact, I can't recall ever reading a PG story that was nuanced enough to be on target.  

I might try again.

Is anyone else into PG enough to try a story as well? 

Shadar
The following user(s) said Thank You: AuGoose
  • shadar
More
16 Apr 2020 01:05 #67728 by AuGoose
Replied by AuGoose on topic A few Images 2 - The Sequel
I have a touch of face-blindness, so I've had to compensate by learning the nuances of facial structure in a lot of detail so I can basically form a written/spoken description of faces because I have trouble just casually perceiving and storing them purely visually. This has worked out well for me doing renders were some of these features I have had to learn to recognize through conscious observation have a clear common naming scheme shared by experts and artists. It's also led to some hilarity looking at internet articles about "oh, don't these two people look alike?" where I'm like 'sure if your definition of 'alike' is they are both white women with similar haircuts... Their noses are completely different, the first one's chin is much squarer and the second's brow is way lower..."

For those with Netflix and interested in a mildly entertaining drama about how expressions work, I highly recommend the first 2-3 seasons of 'Lie to Me'. The science is generally on-target and the examples are fantastic.

I don't usually do direct fanfic of Marvel or DC characters, but you can see me have a little fun with my take on the Power Girl/Supergirl contrast in my story 'How to Make a Bat Sandwich'.

www.superwomenmania.com/index.php?option...make-a-bat-sandwhich
More
18 Apr 2020 15:30 #67775 by Dumano1r
Replied by Dumano1r on topic A few Images 2 - The Sequel
Hello all,
Not a typical image of power, but I'm pretty pleased with it. This is my painted cover image for A Common Weakness... 
Dumanoir 

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kamelmann, ChaozCloud, aguilauno, Markiehoe, AuGoose
More
20 Apr 2020 22:02 - 20 Apr 2020 23:51 #67795 by slim36

A smiling blue haired woman takes off her shoes and climbs up the light pole-gripping pole with bare hands and barefeet.   A closer look is needed to see the hand prints and toe holds pressed into the iron pole
Last edit: 20 Apr 2020 23:51 by slim36.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, aguilauno, cristian01984, RD
More
21 Apr 2020 00:05 #67796 by slim36
Wonder Woman suoerstrength
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, Artnico, aguilauno, Markiehoe, guimachajo1
More
21 Apr 2020 11:00 - 21 Apr 2020 11:18 #67798 by Monty
"might be invulnerable to machine gun fire, but LOOK what you've done to my costume!"

Last edit: 21 Apr 2020 11:18 by Monty.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, shadar, slim36, ChaozCloud, Ravens_ghost, aguilauno, tranquinha, reddofnonnac, erikphandel, AuGoose, cristian01984, Garth_Vader, guimachajo1
More
21 Apr 2020 13:57 #67799 by Sarge395
DesertLion on deviantart has some great uberbabe on uberbabe action.  

This message has attachments images.

The following user(s) said Thank You: lojack, superfunk, Artnico, slim36, ChaozCloud, rednecko, aguilauno, Markiehoe, gotham_knight, TheOne25, cristian01984, Garth_Vader, guimachajo1
  • Sarge395
More
21 Apr 2020 20:35 #67800 by shadar
For fans of Jungle Girls, here's a picture of a DVD for Tanya Roberts' Sheena movie. She looks strong enough to swing around on vines and punch out soldiers. 

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, slim36, ChaozCloud, rednecko, aguilauno, Markiehoe, guimachajo1
  • shadar
More
22 Apr 2020 12:18 #67803 by Monty
There are some great images of UltraGirl by DanoSHC on DA. I can imagine she was conceived by Lois when Lois was Ultrawoman and with Clark. Ultragirl has much, much more than mum and dad's superpowers!

www.deviantart.com/danoshc/art/Ugirlwalk01lrg-768382036
The following user(s) said Thank You: lojack, slim36, rednecko, Markiehoe
More
28 Apr 2020 21:18 #67832 by shadar
I know nothing about this picture... just found it in some infrequently visited subdirectory.

I obviously collected it given it takes only an easy flight of imagination to write a story that features her as a superheroine of the blonde persuasion (my favorite by far). 

Shadar

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, cristian01984, RD, guimachajo1
  • shadar
More
17 May 2020 19:10 #68061 by Sarge395
Saw this on Discord posted by Kathy Dettwiller.  OMG.  Thought for a second it was a rendering.  

Deborah Alburquerque!

The following user(s) said Thank You: shadar, Woodclaw, earllechec, rednecko, aguilauno, Markiehoe, gotham_knight, tranquinha, reddofnonnac, cristian01984, RD, Garth_Vader, guimachajo1
  • Sarge395
More
20 May 2020 07:40 - 20 May 2020 11:34 #68073 by Monty
"How can you now be so impossibly tall, Big-Busted...and...and Blonde!?"

"Here's How!"

Last edit: 20 May 2020 11:34 by Monty.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, aguilauno, Bernard72002, Markiehoe, erikphandel, cristian01984, guimachajo1
More
21 May 2020 14:26 #68086 by Sarge395
My kinda girl

The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, lojack, shadar, slim36, Bernard72002, Agent00Soul
  • Sarge395
More
21 May 2020 16:27 #68087 by Dumano1r
Replied by Dumano1r on topic A few Images 2 - The Sequel
I've been painting again. I thought this one had potential. 

More
21 May 2020 17:47 #68091 by shadar

Sarge395 wrote: My kinda girl

Works for me, Sarge.  I'm 100% happy with "just" those three generic abilities. Just... as if any one of them wouldn't blow us away in real life And if you've got one, you need the others. 

How useful is superstrength if you have to balance everything on your feet and can only generate as much power as the friction of your feet against the ground? 

So flying is required to balance yourself and use that strength for more than crushing and tearing, most of the time anyway. 

And dropping a ten ton boulder on your toe would be a serious OUCH if you weren't at least bulletproof. Or crashing into something while flying, which would definitely happen soon enough. Even hitting a bird at high speed would be fatal to both if not for invulnerability. .

As I see it, invulnerability is the core of it all.

One of these days I'm going to write a story about someone who as ONLY invulnerability. To explore the limits of what that could do in a crime-fighting or combat scenario. The dream of any soldier. 

Shadar
  • shadar
More
21 May 2020 20:38 #68093 by fats
Replied by fats on topic A few Images 2 - The Sequel
We are now coming up to 30 pages of posts so I'm going to close this thread and open a new "A Few Images" thread.

fats
  • fats
  • fats's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds