Amount
× Polite reminder: some great stuff being posted here; use the THANK YOU button to reward others for their efforts, and encourage further contributions. It's free, but worth a lot..!

Which "T4000" character should be next?

27 Dec 2006 16:40 #7768 by argonaut
Vote for your favorite character / scene from "Transformatrix 4000." I'll ask TGK to draw the winner. (His rendition of Jill henderson can be seen in the SGInc Gallery.) The poll will be open for 14 days.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• argonaut
  • argonaut's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
28 Dec 2006 15:37 #7790 by argonaut
Well, Amber is maintaining a strong lead, but votes for other characters are starting to come in.

A number of readers who commented on my "Three Months Later" story said that the Paris Hilton chapter was their favorite ... so I'm a little surprised that she hasn't gotten any votes so far.

Haven't decided yet who I'll vote for ...

• argonaut
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
04 Jan 2007 21:34 #7842 by Spulo
Ooh, Amber's slipped...um..maybe it would help if we reminded ourselves what she looks like...

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

That's Kristanna Loken, yes.

More
05 Jan 2007 20:49 #7850 by brantley
Wow, Spulo!

But where did you get that? U1trawoman's been using it lately as wallpaper for her Yahoo 360 site, but you can't save it from there.

More
05 Jan 2007 21:42 #7853 by Spulo
I made it meself, I did.

*is proud*

More
06 Jan 2007 17:59 #7861 by brantley
So how did U1trawoman get it? Are you two an item?

More
07 Jan 2007 09:03 #7863 by yaracyrrah

So how did U1trawoman get it? Are you two an item?

Spulo had posted it here before--I think in the Transformatrix Comments forum.

--Y

More
09 Jan 2007 22:28 #7869 by argonaut
Okay, folks -- the poll will close at midnight (EST) tomorrow (Wednesday).

Last call for any fans of Amber, or Lois, who haven't voted yet ...

• argonaut
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
11 Jan 2007 04:03 #7877 by argonaut
And the winner is ... Lana!

I'll send TGK details of the commission. The drawing should be up in the SGInc Gallery in a couple of weeks. (He's fast.)

In the meantime, I may have a little bonus for Lana's fans. Stay tuned to this forum.

Thanks for voting, everybody! I hope the sizeable turnout attests to the popularity of our interactive saga. Don't forget: The theme of the current workshop is "Tales of the Transformatrix" -- and the winner will receive a specially-commissioned illustration (by TGK) of a character / scene from his or her story!

• argonaut
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
13 Jan 2007 03:54 #7905 by argonaut
TGK just sent me a preliminary sketch of the Super-Lana illustration. (Like I said -- he's fast.) I promise you're in for a treat -- even if you didn't vote for her!

He also offered me a deal on a second commission. Since Amber and Lois each finished one vote behind Lana, I'm going to use my tie-breaking privilege and ask him to draw ... well, you'll have to wait and see. :P

• argonaut
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
16 Jan 2007 11:34 #7932 by admin

And the winner is ... Lana!

I'll send TGK details of the commission. The drawing should be up in the SGInc Gallery in a couple of weeks. (He's fast.)

In the meantime, I may have a little bonus for Lana's fans. Stay tuned to this forum.

That "little bonus", created by Garrett Blair, is now viewable in the SGInc Gallery of SWM's ImageBank (see the "ImageBank" link at the top of this page...)

Thanks Argo, for sharing the commission with us!

admin.

More
24 Jan 2007 15:48 #7994 by admin
Now in the SWM ImageBank, curtesy of TGK's artistic skills and Argonaut's generosity:

Super-lana

and

Amber.

Check out the ImageBank link at the top of this page!

Thanks, Argo.

admin.

More
31 Jan 2007 15:36 #8068 by argonaut
Number of members who voted in the poll: 52

Number of members who have sent or posted a "thank you" in the week since the pictures went up in the ImageBank: 0

Okay, sorry ... I don't mean to sound petulant. But I'd like to know -- are people looking at these pictures? Do you like them? Do you want to see more?

I have a Valentine's Day commission in the works -- and I was thinking of commissioning a "Super-Lois" illustration (in view of her near-tie for first place in the poll). And I've got an artist working on some illustrations for three of my old workshop stories.

Should I bother sending these in?

• argonaut
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
31 Jan 2007 15:53 #8069 by lfan
I guess I am at fault and included in that count of ZERO, so I am to blame as well, but I really dug them, Argo. Thanks a bunch! Especially awesome was the armored car pic (even though the LL switcheroo took place). TGK is awesome!

I hope people DO appreciate them --- I can tell from the stats and posts viewed that people are viewing them, so I can only imagine they enjoy them. Lately, it has been quiet and while I understand people get busy and have lives, this community seems to have tailed off fast, the only spike being in terms of apathy.

Everyone cannot draw like Shade, everyone cannot write as well as Marknew, everyone doesn't have a stable of beauties and a camera like Bully Pup, everyone may not have extra cash like Argo (as well as his generousity) to help fuel things by posting and sharing what he PAID for with his commissions......

But I would imagine people have time to at least make a post every now and then to comment or thank people -- HelenVBiden, not withstanding! :P

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas that would make things more open to posters, please feel free to suggest....

Peace
ElF

P.S. Once again, Argo, thanks for sharing!!

Number of members who have sent or posted a "thank you" in the week since the pictures went up in the ImageBank: 0

Okay, sorry ... I don't mean to sound petulant. But I'd like to know -- are people looking at these pictures? Do you like them? Do you want to see more?

I have a Valentine's Day commission in the works -- and I was thinking of commissioning a "Super-Lois" illustration (in view of her near-tie for first place in the poll). And I've got an artist working on some illustrations for three of my old workshop stories.

More
31 Jan 2007 18:00 #8073 by Random321

I'm the worst offender here! I didn't vote in the poll OR leave a message!
Mia-Culpa (sp?)

Regarding TGK's work and Argo's donation thank-you!

Amber: I love the proportions on the character and the look of the hair. I'm also amazed by the depth it has, the birds and the proper perspective *make* this picture aside from the cute girl with a skirt floating around.

SuperLana: This is my kind of picture. Super action, with a great look to the glass breaking and the metal bending and a fantastic pose showing off the characters body. (Reminds me of the drawing of SG stopping the train in the station that is one of my all time favorites).

SuperTeach: I know this isn't on the voting list ~ but I had to comment anyway. Perfect pose, perfect look on her face as "she" pauses with the glasses and tugs at her shirt, nice skirt too. Perfect lines on the legs!

More
01 Feb 2007 14:09 #8088 by conceptfan

Yup. That would be about par for this course.

Shit, isn't it.

Please do. I for one would like to see them.

But I know exactly how you feel asking that question.

More
01 Feb 2007 14:47 #8090 by admin
I've trawled through the statistics as much as time allows today.

Amber by TGK (the fullsize image, NOT the thumbnail) was viewed 102 times in the last 5 days.

admin.

More
01 Feb 2007 16:28 #8091 by ultragirl
I guess my PM didn't make it? Maybe I hit the wrong button in a hurry. :?

Thanks to Argo and TGK for a wonderful picture. I loved it!

More
04 Feb 2007 16:59 #8119 by ultragirl
Maybe I'll have a bit of a treat coming too... :wink:

More
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds