Amount
× Polite reminder: some great stuff being posted here; use the THANK YOU button to reward others for their efforts, and encourage further contributions. It's free, but worth a lot..!

Artist looking for commission work.

16 Jan 2007 22:19 #7935 by shade
Here's some samples...

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Contact me at shade100@gmail.com if interested.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jan 2007 23:03 #7936 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: Artist looking for commission work.
Allow me to be the first to vouch for Shade's work. Have had several pieces done by him -- all of which I was very happy with! In addition, SGI's classic "SuperJen" was drawn by Shade!

Don't remember SuperJen? Well, might need to refresh memory soon! Stay tuned!

ElF

More
17 Jan 2007 14:35 #7939 by brantley
Replied by brantley on topic Re: Artist looking for commission work.
More SuperJen? It's about time. I have the old panels saved on disk somewhere. I thought they were great.

More
17 Jan 2007 21:05 #7941 by shade
Replied by shade on topic Re: Artist looking for commission work.
Oh yeah, the Marvel Girls pic above is for sale. $175.

More
17 Jan 2007 22:33 #7942 by brantley
Replied by brantley on topic Re: Artist looking for commission work.
Too steep for me. But you're good enough to be producing your own comics for sale. I wonder if there's a market for sexy superheroine comics? We have the squeaky-clean DC stuff on one hand; on the other, so-called underground comics tend to be cynical and unintentionally puritanical.

More
17 Jan 2007 22:57 #7945 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: Artist looking for commission work.
Scott --

I agree....in fact, check your email and lemme know.....

ElF

Too steep for me. But you're good enough to be producing your own comics for sale. I wonder if there's a market for sexy superheroine comics? We have the squeaky-clean DC stuff on one hand; on the other, so-called underground comics tend to be cynical and unintentionally puritanical.

More
18 Jan 2007 00:16 #7946 by yohashuan
Replied by yohashuan on topic Re: Artist looking for commission work.
I'm sure you hardly need more asskissing (at least if it doesn't come hand in hand with some dollars), but man... you are one incredibly talented mofo. Have you ever tried to 'break in' to the 'real' comics industry? I'm sure you could have a future there if you want. I've always loved your stuff.

More
18 Jan 2007 00:20 #7947 by shade
Replied by shade on topic Re: Artist looking for commission work.
At the end of February I'm going to put together a sample packet for a talent agency that I talked to over a year ago. The agency assured me they could already get me work from DC but they wanted me to do some pages from their sample script, which I'll do.

Doing commission work is for the bleepin' birds, man. Same requests over and over and over and over again. And few private collectors want to pay a decent price for commissions. I'm tired of it, to be honest. At least with a major company like DC or Marvel, they shell out more substantial cash.

More
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds