Amount
× Polite reminder: some great stuff being posted here; use the THANK YOU button to reward others for their efforts, and encourage further contributions. It's free, but worth a lot..!

New Gallery - Sarge's Supergirls - Open NOW!!

27 Mar 2007 15:34 #8806 by admin
Many thanks to SWM member Sarge395 for donating no fewer than 6 new comissions.

We've added them to the pieces Sarge had previously donated to create the new "Sarge's Supergirls" Gallery. Check it out - click on the ImageBank link at the top of this page, then scroll down to the "Sarge's Supergirls Gallery" link...

Thanks, Sarge!

admin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• admin
  • admin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
27 Mar 2007 19:12 #8812 by lfan
Thanks for sharing Sarge....as someone who has used Shade before I know that was a nice little "investment" on your part, so its very appreciated that you shared it. Great start and cannot wait to see more....

ElF

Many thanks to SWM member Sarge395 for donating no fewer than 6 new comissions.

We've added them to the pieces Sarge had previously donated to create the new "Sarge's Supergirls" Gallery. Check it out - click on the ImageBank link at the top of this page, then scroll down to the "Sarge's Supergirls Gallery" link...

Thanks, Sarge!

admin.

More
28 Mar 2007 01:02 #8823 by Sarge395
Woohoo! Thanks 'admin'.

4 more images to come once it is all done. Shade does great work, not cheap, and not fast, but great work takes time.

• Sarge395
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
28 Mar 2007 03:48 #8829 by yaracyrrah
Replied by yaracyrrah on topic Re: New Gallery - Sarge's Supergirls - Open NOW!!
Thanks Sarge!

--Y

More
29 Mar 2007 02:12 #8843 by Random321
I saw two of these images floating around somewhere else on the web and the moment I saw the theme and the character I thought, "Either Sarge had something to do with these being created, or he has GOT to see them."

Thank you very much for sharing the entire series so far! These are fantastic.

More
12 Jul 2007 17:56 #9796 by admin
SWM salutes Sarge!

No fewer than 39 new scans from the man with three stripe's personal collection of commissions are now available for your viewing pleasure in the SWM ImageBank.

Just click on the ImageBank link at the top of this page, and scroll down to the link to "Sarge's Supergirls Gallery" and... Enjoy!

Awesome stuff! Thank you so much, Sarge!!

admin.

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
12 Jul 2007 18:39 #9797 by argonaut
Give that man a commendation ... or a medal ... or a promotion!

More
17 Oct 2007 18:10 #10584 by admin
Get over to "Sarge's Supergirls" Gallery in the SuperWomenMania ImageBank NOW!

Click the link at the top of the page, or go to

www.superwomenmania.com/imagebank and click the link for "Sarge's Supergirls"

Check out Sarge's latest gift to SWM, a 10-page epic drawn by Shade, "Supergirl vs. Taliban"

Thank you so much for the submission, Sarge!

admin.

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
19 Oct 2007 11:47 #10601 by mercblue22
Replied by mercblue22 on topic WoooooooooooW!
Ooooh Wow,
That Supergirl vs Taliban set is simply...incredible!!! @-@ Great pencils and the mighty Supergirl kick butt, what more could you ask for!? :D

Thanks Shade for this beauty!

Fonzie

More
19 Oct 2007 13:42 #10602 by Sarge395
Glad those who replied liked it.

But just for the record I'll never use Shade again. Might buy some of his work if it is already complete. But it took him well over a year to get that art to me. I had to pay for 100% of it up front. In the meantime he kept taking commissions from other people and put them ahead of my project. It turned out pretty well over all but I think near the end the detail kind of died off in the interest of speed.

Enjoy.

• Sarge395
More
19 Oct 2007 14:49 #10603 by lfan
Sarge --

Thanks for sharing and great fantasy concept!

Elf

Glad those who replied liked it.

But just for the record I'll never use Shade again. Might buy some of his work if it is already complete. But it took him well over a year to get that art to me. I had to pay for 100% of it up front. In the meantime he kept taking commissions from other people and put them ahead of my project. It turned out pretty well over all but I think near the end the detail kind of died off in the interest of speed.

Enjoy.

More
19 Oct 2007 22:42 #10607 by yohashuan
Too bad to hear about the time it took -- and I was wondering why the files seemed to get lighter and lighter with each passing panel.

But man, Shade is fantastic at portraying the perfect "Girl of Steel" attitude in his drawings. Across the board, all of his work consistently has the best emotional content. Whereas most art/photomanips/etc that I see are pretty 'flat' versions of some random girl wearing spandex & a cape, Shade has always conveyed the look AND feel of what most of us 'genre fans' are drawn to in the first place.

He may have let you down as a businessperson/professional (I'm sure he's got his side to the story too...), but his work as an artist is always top-notch, and I thank you for sharing.

More
22 Oct 2007 22:50 #10620 by argonaut
I see what Yosh means about the pencils getting lighter and less detailed from page to page. It does seem as if Shade was rushing to get the job off his "to do" pile. Too bad the pages aren't more consistent in quality -- but even his roughs are terrific.

Thanks for sharing, Sarge -- not just this, but all the other pieces you've contributed to the ImageBank here.

Maybe we could start a thread where members who've dealt with commission artists could rate them on speed, communication, price, and quality.

More
07 Nov 2007 11:40 #10796 by admin
Many thanks to Sarge for two fabulous new donations to his Gallery from Wildwings.

Who'd be a burglar when Supergirl's around?

Click the ImageBank link at the top of the page, or go to

www.superwomenmania.com/imagebank and click the link for "Sarge's Supergirls"

Enjoy!

admin.

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
08 Nov 2007 18:59 #10809 by Random321
Thanks for the new pics Sarge! Great stuff. Now we just need Lfan to add some color magic to them.

More
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds