Amount

Aurora Universe update

13 Sep 2007 13:20 #10281 by shadar
Aurora Universe update was created by shadar
I've posted a couple of new story arcs to the AU: Legacy and First Protector. My first update in a long time.

Given the apparent emergence of the comic book Supergirl into a wider audience, ala Smallville Season Seven opening episode in a couple of weeks, not to mention the promise of a super-child that we saw at the ending of Superman Returns, I've decided to try my hand at an alternate universe concept that intrigues me:

What if Lois Lane and Clark Kent married and had a daughter, not a son? And she grew up to carry on her dad's legacy.

I've called that series Legacy, and in it, I've tried to take the history of the recent comic book plus the contemporary interpretation of the DC legend as depicted in Smallville and blend in the inspiration of Aurora Universe authors to create what I hope is a compelling story. It's not an AU story in the classic sense (although I do make the Arion Empire a distant threat and may tie them in eventually), but like the AU, it is written for an adult audience.

It's written as two arcs... one is an action sequence that begins with the opening chapters and will continue. Kara is eighteen and facing a challenge that could change the Earth forever. A challenge her father is helpless to defeat.

I've also included Kara's Diary, told as a first person narrative that reads more like a contemporary blog, where we see what it was like growing up super among ordinary humans. Given the uniqueness of her surrogate mother, Kara Kent is gifted with Kryptonian powers from birth, which makes raising her rather challenging, even for the indomitable Lois Lane Kent.

Check it out...

velorian.org/auow/legacy.htm

Other stories, including First Protector, can be found at:
velorian.org/auow/

Shadar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• shadar
  • shadar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
13 Sep 2007 22:08 #10285 by Spulo
Replied by Spulo on topic Re: Aurora Universe update
Great story. But why do I recognise Lena Luthor? :D

More
14 Sep 2007 04:20 #10287 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Re: Aurora Universe update
Aria Giovanni makes a great model for a dark and dangerous Lena Luthor.

Is that your photoenhance of her? I think I found it on this site.

Glad you liked the story...

Shadar

• shadar
More
15 Sep 2007 12:45 #10303 by mo
Replied by mo on topic Re: Aurora Universe update
Hi shadar - That was ace! You have a new fan:)

More
17 Sep 2007 01:02 #10312 by sgfan05
Replied by sgfan05 on topic Re: Aurora Universe update
This has to be one of my newest story series. Excellent work Shadar, looking forward to more from this series

More
17 Sep 2007 03:47 #10313 by sgfan05

This has to be one of my newest story series. Excellent work Shadar, looking forward to more from this series

Okay to not sound like a rambing idiot, this is one of my favorite story series. Again great work Shadar! :D

More
17 Sep 2007 06:19 #10315 by shadar
I appreciate the feedback... which of course turns directly into inspiration to get the next few chapters done soonest.

Tks,

Shadar

• shadar
More
24 Sep 2007 04:03 #10358 by kshoo
Replied by kshoo on topic Re: New thread
Hi Shadar,

Just adding an additional line to the kudos. Can't wait for the next few chapters to come...which I'm sure will be better than the Amazons Attack sideshow on DC...

More
21 Oct 2007 20:53 #10615 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Continuation of Legacy story
I've posted the continuation of my Legacy story about Kara Kent, daughter of Lois and Clark Kent. I'm superimposing concepts from comics, from Smallville and from the Aurora Universe.

The story is R-rated, and its lavishly illustrated in typical AU style.

velorian.org/auow/legacy.htm

Look for the (NEW) under Amazon Imperative, Part One

Here's the synopsis of what's happened in preceding chapters:

Kara Alura Kent, daughter of Diana, Princess of the Amazons and Kal-El of Krypton, was raised by Lois and Clark Kent. She's thoroughly human in her upbringing, but with a mixture of Kryptonian and Amazonian blood flowing in her veins. She proudly flies through the skies as Supergirl, upholding both her long-deceased aunt, Kara Zor-El, and her father's Kryptonian heritage.

Now Superman and Wonder Woman, have been captured by a group of Amazons who have been given vast powers by exposure to meteor rocks, thanks to Lena Luthor and her father's collection of Kryptonite. Lena herself was bathed in the radiation of those rocks since conception, and she's fulfilled the fondest dream of her father -- she's grown up with Kryptonian powers. She now wears a version of Superman's uniform and is attempting to take over his role as the protector of Earth, claiming the role should always have belonged to a woman.

Yet Lena possesses none of Superman's famous compassion, and instead fights crime and terrorism with vigilante intensity, acting as jury, judge and executioner, all in one.

Lena has further influenced the Amazon leadership into intervening on Earth, purportedly to help her save the world from the dire perils of nuclear and biological terrorism. An honorable cause, or so most people believe.

But Kara knows the Amazons have a more sinister plan -- they want to create a feminine culture where the male population will be reduced to a handful of genetically perfect men who will give daughters to the reigning Amazons.

She and family friend, Bruce Wayne, the former Batman, now confined to a wheelchair, are left facing the juggernaut of the Amazon Imperative.

While they desperately search for a way to stop the Amazons, most of the world is foolishly cheering the Amazons on, thankful for their promise to put an end to decades of Islamic terrorism and the ever increasing traffic in illegal drugs.

Crimes that the US and its allies have been helpless to stem.

Shadar

• shadar
More
23 Oct 2007 03:47 #10627 by sgfan05
Shadar this update ruled! :D :twisted:

Lots of new information, a couple of twists and one hell of a test for Kara to pass. I especially like the various hard decisions she's had to make. How far do you go? Excellent job as usual sir.

More
23 Oct 2007 06:55 #10631 by shadar
Tks for feedback... I'll try to keep the following episodes going this strong.

Best Regards,

Shadar

• shadar
More
24 Oct 2007 14:09 #10646 by shadar
Something I posted relative to questions asked by readers in another forum (about latest story):

The premise of the story is that Kara can't escape the trap she's fallen into relative to Bruce Wayne or one of her lifelong friends, Jeffrey or Thomas. The Amazons are watching her to see how she reacts to the challenge.

Don't forget that Lena and Artemis both assume Kara is playing a game here, simply pretending to join the cause to get inside and be a disruptive force, but they also know that Kara potentially could become an ally if they play her right. She was raised inside the envelope of Earth's conditional morality and she thinks that way. The needs of the many versus the needs of a few.

The trick for them is to push her over the edge where she'll lose both her self-respect, but also the respect of other humans, and then substitute that with an all-encompassing Amazon welcome and support and encouragement from that side. Instead of her subverting the cause, they subvert her morality.

Yet she's a heroic character. Can she kill in cold blood with her bare hands (despite the extremely high stakes -- basically allowing for millions of others to survive if she does) and still be a hero? Or interesting to us, as author and readers?

I'm not going to allow the usual comic book 'tricks' to solve this (basically faking one thing and doing another).

My goal, if it isn't obvious, was to dig myself into this hole and then try to figure a way out. A puzzle to amuse myself and hopefully you. I don't have a grand plan here or a specific ending in mind. This might turn out to be a tragedy. Or an uplifting example of heroism. This is an alternate universe, so all bets are off. No rules and no continuity to follow or connect up to.

I will say that I do enjoy the thread of the current Supergirl comic where its not at all clear if she's wearing a white or black hat. She's an extremely powerful but conflicted, confused soul, and she's often going off on tangents -- she is a 21st century teenage girl. Clearly, after the last episode, the Smallville series is going to continue that direction.

The difference is that my Kara was raised by Superman and Batman, even if she doesn't always agree with either of them. She has enjoyed a good moral upbringing and she's got a good heart, caring intensely for the people around her and the people of Earth..

But in the end, strangely enough, that passion could either be her undoing or the thing that makes her steadfast.

Make no mistake... Bruce Wayne will die in someone's hands. So will Robert. But... how and by whom? And what is the fallout?

Shadar

• shadar
More
01 Nov 2007 05:52 #10729 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Joe's Bar - 2am
The 21st century rendition of the comic book Supergirl isn't sweetness and spice like she was in the 20th century. She drinks, smokes pot, and hangs out with older men until all hours. But she's still a good girl at heart.

This short story was stimulated by an outstanding piece of commissioned art that the artist Rocinate made for me, and is featured in this story.

www.velorian.org/auow/joes_bar_2am.htm

Shadar

• shadar
More
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds