Amount

SuperSexyHeroines.com Updates

18 Feb 2011 20:59 #21739 by Revan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Feb 2011 23:25 #21753 by Raa
Replied by Raa on topic Re: SuperSexyHeroines.com Updates
Looks like there is an update now. I just don't like how the updates have been back dated. It is a little on the under handed side IMHO, but there are 2 updates.

So happiness rains!

Raa

More
22 Feb 2011 00:01 #21754 by JonX
Replied by JonX on topic Re: SuperSexyHeroines.com Updates
Hey Raa, happiness does indeed rain down on all of us! Heh, heh.

With the backdating of the comic chapters there isn't a sinister reason. In my blog post here:

www.supersexyheroines.com/blog/2011/02/k...ap-chapters-1-and-2/

I state up-front that it is fair easier for me to track if they slot into the original date they were meant to have gone live. I'm not trying to cover up the gap in updates at all, and as I also say in the post that the blog post will be there for all to see in the future.

Hope you enjoy the updates.

Jon

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

• JonX
  • JonX's Avatar Topic Author
More
17 May 2011 07:42 #23174 by AlbertC
Replied by AlbertC on topic Re: SuperSexyHeroines.com Updates
It's not my style complain in public about websites, but I think this situation is becoming a little bit stupid.
I don't know if anyone else signed this site, but there is a total lack of respect with costumers, with no regular updates and any explanation about. This is not the best way to manage some business.

More
17 May 2011 09:03 #23175 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: SuperSexyHeroines.com Updates
Caveat Emptor....

Don't normally endorse or admonish genre sites here on the forums, but his network of sites is about the least consistent and customer-service oriented operations in our genre, in my opinion. It's a shame really cause he seemingly has supporters and a great stable of models. I personally think his business model is tainted by his 'churn and burn' mentality of launching new sites before taking care of the old ones. Now, it appears he has another one of the horizon (female future)? Oy vey!

I'd love to support his sites but some major changes need to unfold before I'd consider subscribing again

Elf

More
17 May 2011 11:43 #23176 by Spulo
Replied by Spulo on topic Re: SuperSexyHeroines.com Updates
Yeah, I've just cancelled my subscription too. Not going to throw money away for 3 weeks of nothing, not even a blog post to let us know what's happening...

More
17 May 2011 18:33 #23180 by www1969
Replied by www1969 on topic Re: SuperSexyHeroines.com Updates
After following him pretty much from the beginning, I have to think that he must realize by this point that his blog apologies (and defensiveness) have grown a little old too. Elaborate explanations of how he absolutely, positively can keep up the promised pace, followed almost immediately by a failure to maintain that pace, after a while just don't have any meaning to them.

More
17 May 2011 19:07 #23182 by jdrock24
Replied by jdrock24 on topic Re: SuperSexyHeroines.com Updates
Yeah, the lack of updates is getting frustrating. He used to at least put a blog post or something about why it wasn't updated and now we haven't even been getting that. I hope he's not overstretched himself.

More
17 May 2011 21:41 #23187 by Revan
Replied by Revan on topic Re: SuperSexyHeroines.com Updates
Barring any major issues in his life atm, it is indeed rather disrespectful to your memberbase to leave the website completely unattended for a good month now.
A shame that he apparently no longer has the time/motivation to keep it going, generally the stuff he put out is not bad at all.

I personally cannot afford to keep subscriptions going all the time so I usually subscribe to sites once in a while to check out the new content.

More
18 May 2011 22:20 #23202 by Revan
And as if on cue, a sign of life on his blog :lol:

More
18 May 2011 22:42 #23203 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: SuperSexyHeroines.com Updates
Sorry but in regards to this statement I think he's missing the point of the complaints....

"Detractors will speak ill of me, but I’m only being honest. SuperSexyHeroines and the superheroine genre is a passion of mine, not a job."

JonX, it might be a passion but it is also a JOB! The minute you start charging people and have them expecting updates, it's a job! Superheroines is a passion for a lot of the people here -- myself included -- but we're not charging people for it...SSH/USH websites are!! Delays in personal life happen and if its distracting you from the sites and causing future updates to this degree, perhaps you need to adjust your payment model and go to a pay-per-download approach for all the sites.

My guess is the customers of the SHF and SHP sites are a lot less venomous based on the fact they only have to pay for what is produced...

Just a thought..
ELF
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395

More
19 May 2011 03:26 #23206 by Spulo
Replied by Spulo on topic Re: SuperSexyHeroines.com Updates
Yeah, you can see where he's coming from, but only if it were a pay-per-download site. The moment he starts taking money for what he's doing it's become a job, and if he 'couldn't muster the energy' to update SSH for a whole month then I don't really see why he should be entitled to keep the $18.95 I paid for a month of nothing. Just saying that he'll slot a few extra updates in later doesn't really make up for it...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395

More
19 May 2011 07:54 #23211 by Revan

Spulo wrote: Yeah, you can see where he's coming from, but only if it were a pay-per-download site. The moment he starts taking money for what he's doing it's become a job, and if he 'couldn't muster the energy' to update SSH for a whole month then I don't really see why he should be entitled to keep the $18.95 I paid for a month of nothing. Just saying that he'll slot a few extra updates in later doesn't really make up for it...

Honestly, had I been a steady subscriber I'd have undone last month's payment considering you'd be subscribed only for the new updates.

I agree with you and elf that he should either alter the payment system or make sure he can actually stick to his release schedule, either by himself or with help from someone else.

More
19 May 2011 10:07 #23213 by www1969
Replied by www1969 on topic Re: SuperSexyHeroines.com Updates
That's an...interesting response from the webmaster. "I'm going to take your money every month, but if I don't give you anything in return for it, that's because it's not really my job to."

On the other hand, benefit of the doubt and all that, if he's able to provide full, compete comics and whatnot for all the weeks he's missed, then subscribers aren't really out anything. They've still gotten the product, just on a wacky schedule. The delays and consistently missed deadlines are annoying, but ultimately the marketplace will take care of that.

More
19 May 2011 12:21 #23216 by bionicskillz
Replied by bionicskillz on topic Re: SuperSexyHeroines.com Updates
I don't no why he has so many websites to look after as well. It would seem if he is having trouble managing a website than why does he have four - Supersexyheroines, Superheroine Films, Ultrasexyheroines and Superheroine Peril? I think all these sites are apart of some syndicate to get our money at the with the smallest amount of effort and time devoted to the production of the product. How many throatlifts can I get off to for every movie or image put out?

More
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds