Amount

Special effects and props

20 Feb 2008 20:08 #11711 by JonX
Special effects and props was created by JonX
Hi all,

I wanted to start a quick thread to tie in with a post that I have written on my blog about special effects and props - see www.supersexyheroines.com/blog

I don't mean heat vision, transformations, etc.

What I mean is the use of metal bars that look realistic when the girl bends it in half. The dumb bell weights that look really heavy, etc.

I was watching Greatest American Heroine at
and I really liked the way that the metal bar they used (1m 24s) looks real when she twisted it round that guy.

I also like the dumbbells at Powerbeauties:

Really, I'm just asking for some ideas/advice on what sort of materials we could use to make some pretty good looking props for either my SuperSexyHeroines.com comic books, or dare I say it, a little movie?

Any ideas, would be very glad to hear your thoughts.

Jon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JonX
  • JonX's Avatar Topic Author
More
21 Feb 2008 03:12 #11713 by steelknight3000
Replied by steelknight3000 on topic Re: Special effects and props
I haven't done any research or anything but my guess is the technique involves coating a malleable surface (rubber. plastic etc.) to make it look metallic: reflective or otherwise harder or heavier than it really is.

More
07 Mar 2008 19:01 #11844 by gooner
Replied by gooner on topic Re: Special effects and props
Hi

I think a car lift would be kool! All you need to show is the back/front wheels off the ground. You could use a trolley jack or axel stands (as in WW). Then you can use your computer skills to get rid of stands, you could place objects in the way or just take photos from different angles.

As for a one handed over the head lift, you would need your computer skills and a friendly garage with a lift.

Hope to see some more gr8 special effects on your site and keep up the gr8 work!

Gooner 8)

More
12 Mar 2008 03:22 #11871 by Bully_pup
Replied by Bully_pup on topic Re: Special effects and props
It's all in the imagination. Gooner had a great idea, but garage car lifts are indoors. There's not enough room in a garage to get a good wide angle shot.

bully_pup -- Kelly

More
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds