Amount

Superheroinefilms.com

09 Dec 2008 22:55 #14342 by mo
Replied by mo on topic Re: Superheroinefilms.com
Oops my bad! Yes you can download it...I was just being stoopid :oops:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Dec 2008 19:26 #14575 by jdrock24
Replied by jdrock24 on topic Re: Superheroinefilms.com

In a post or new thread safely tagged as containing spoilers, can someone give a review that includes a summary of the story? I'm curious if this one will be my cup of tea. I hope they stick with it, as it sounds like many folks are waiting until there is more online before subscribing.

I haven't seen the movie myself but here is a fan made preview on youtube:

More
29 Dec 2008 20:48 #14576 by Spulo
Replied by Spulo on topic Re: Superheroinefilms.com
But still no payment options other than CCBill. None of these sites ever have anything other than bloody CCBill which I can't bloody well use, bloody.

It ain't fair. :evil:

More
29 Dec 2008 23:33 #14578 by ultragirl
Replied by ultragirl on topic Re: Superheroinefilms.com
I know it would be a pain, but I bet you could work something out with the webmasters through paypal or snail mail.

More
08 Jan 2009 22:53 #14666 by mo
According to the message on the site, new movie due for release on Saturday. Can't wait!

More
10 Jan 2009 10:19 #14679 by cranky
Replied by cranky on topic Re: Superheroinefilms.com

But still no payment options other than CCBill. None of these sites ever have anything other than bloody CCBill which I can't bloody well use, bloody.

It ain't fair. :evil:

You could always borrow someone elses subscription or if that isn't morally right for you. You could arrange with someone to pay for you via CCbill while you pay them via paypal or something else.
If that somehow breaks any rules they might have you could email them in advance.

More
14 Jan 2009 10:30 #14694 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Re: Superheroinefilms.com
2nd Vid is out. Unable to view the preview pics. Great idea to be able to DL the trailer.

Any reviews yet?

Site looks promising.

• Sarge395
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
14 Jan 2009 16:28 #14695 by mo
I'm sorry I'm rubbish at in depth reviews but I've loved the first two films. Essentially they are like the photo stories from supersexyheroines.com but in video.

Awesome:)

More
14 Jan 2009 21:52 #14699 by cranky
2nd video "Superwoman" sounds more like a supergirl

More
16 Jan 2009 16:39 #14702 by jdrock24
Replied by jdrock24 on topic Re: Superheroinefilms.com
Surprised no one has posted this. It looks like the site has its own Youtube channel and a preview of the second film here:

More
04 Feb 2009 13:52 #14826 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: Superheroinefilms.com
Any word on the next update (Jon?) that anyone knows about...still reluctant to pull the trigger on subscription with only two videos in the can and very sparse communication from the site as to when updates will be...

ElF

More
01 Mar 2009 10:40 #14989 by patches
Replied by patches on topic Re: Superheroinefilms.com
Delays already i see

Nice of them to let us know! :roll: :roll:

More
02 Mar 2009 11:03 #15007 by patches
Replied by patches on topic Re: Superheroinefilms.com
ok now the site is down.

Anyone have any info on this??

More
02 Mar 2009 12:27 #15009 by mo
Nope - no idea. I really hope they sort it out, would be such a shame if it peters out - it has so much potential :?

More
02 Mar 2009 16:47 #15016 by lfan
Good news: Site looks to be back up!
Bad news: Still no update!

ok now the site is down.

Anyone have any info on this??

More
02 Mar 2009 18:03 #15019 by Susan Donym
Replied by Susan Donym on topic Re: Superheroinefilms.com
Perhaps we can all pitch in and get them a calendar for their birthday! :evil:

More
04 Mar 2009 20:26 #15047 by cranky
apparently the mac which the finished videos were on got stolen and they have to re edit the videos once they get a new mac and camera

More
05 Mar 2009 15:57 #15053 by Susan Donym
From there site "Updated 4th March 2009

All is not well

We shot six films in total over the last few months. All shot, edited, special effects done. But here is the bad news:

The Mac containing all the films plus the camera in which we shot all the films was stolen from our editors house about six weeks ago.

This is not an excuse. We have been trying to get the money together to purchase a new camera and a new Mac. We can then get the raw footage from the tapes and go through the editing again, but until now this was harder to do that we anticiped. Getting a loan to buy this equipment was difficult to get

The good news:

One of the crew's father has lent us the money to get back on our feet. We have a camera and Mac on order. We have scheduled some time to re-edit the films. We will try and do this as fast as possible

This is not an excuse: We want to make this clear. We know that we didn't have backups. We will in future.

Please cancel your subscriptions until we release the new film. We are anticipating to release in a couple of weeks, but at this stage we still don't have any equipment at all so we'll be playing it by ear.

Again, we are very sorry.
"

Its noble that they admit what has happened, but what about the people that had subscriptions that were set to expire but chose to have them renew, thinking a film was on its way. And if it was stolen six weeks ago, that would put it's disappearance back sometime in JANUARY!! Then in February, the site was updated, saying the update would be in late February?!?! What gives?

I think some of these paysite owners really need to look at how they are running their businesses (yes, it IS a business when you are charging)! Postdating update dates, constantly missing updates, and now something like this! I'm not saying it wasn't stolen, but being straighforward in a timely manner is something you owe your customers when they are handing their money over to you!

apparently the mac which the finished videos were on got stolen and they have to re edit the videos once they get a new mac and camera

More
06 Mar 2009 23:21 #15069 by Bully_pup
Replied by Bully_pup on topic Re: Superheroinefilms.com
I normally don't speak out in these threads. I guess mainly for fear of bringing some of my past mistakes back to the surface. But, I have a couple of points of view on this and I have some time, so what the hell....

First, I totally agree with points that Susan Donym, lfan and patches are making.
If you're charging then it is a business. And, you should always keep your customers aware of what they're getting and or not getting, so they can make better informed decisions on whether or not to spend their money. But, being a paysite owner myself I can tell you there is no business model for Superheroine photo and/or film sites. We learn by our mistakes. And, more effectively, we learn by fan complaints.
Yes, the second we started charging money it became a business, but I can already tell you that Superheroinefilms isn't doing this for the money. There's no big money in "Powerfull Superheroines".
They're doing it because they love this genre. If they were in it just for the money, they wouldn't be producing films of Powerful Superchicks kicking ass. They'd be making camcorder videos of girls in cheap halloween costumes getting ass raped by a mad scientist wearing a kryptonite dildo. I'm sad to say it, but that's where the money is.

Ok, missleading updates... Yeah, that's something they need to work on.
I don't really think these guys intend it that way. They're probably just jumping the gun before the villagers start lighting their torches. I look at that as "Good initiative Bad judgment" . In the past, I/ the Steele's have been quilty of the same thing. Saying something like, "Updates tomorrow" and then something happens and I don't finish the updates until days later. God knows we had more than a few setbacks back in 06-07 or what I call now "The Dark Years" . But, after getting a few less than shiny emails and comments here, I learned to give the fans who are paying the respect they deserve. I imagine Superheroinefilms will do the same.

Will I buy a membership? Hell yeah, as soon as they have 4 or more movies up.. LOL!

More
07 Mar 2009 04:59 #15074 by Susan Donym
Thanks for replying Mr. Pup and I hope this doesn't come off as bitching or whiny but I felt strongly enough that I had to respond. I like you have been quiet and rarely respond to threads like this (or any threads) but I felt like this was something I needed to get off my chest!

While I understand that you have a unique perspective in runnng a site and one that I or 99.9% of the people here cannot relate to, I look at things a little more black & white regarding the whole concept of the paysite, or more specifically, a subscription site. As a user when we subscribe we have an expectation and in some cases a promise that we will be "paid back" with content on a regular basis. In the case of Supersexyheroines or the Steeles, its weekly and in the case of SuperheroineFilms (SHF) it was "one release per month". When you cannot deliver these updates based on a major long-term event like a server going down, models quitting, or content being lost or stolen, I believe (and its my opinion) that the site has the responsibility to inform the users rather than trying to eek out another month or two of subscription revenue. Please know, I understand (or think I do) that periodic delays happen and I imagine editting runs over or shoots get delayed. I'm not speaking of that. I'm speaking more of an event of what happened at SHF 6 weeks ago which now I woul imagine will stretch well into March or April till the editting/FX can be redone. With the last video in early January, that is 2-3 months of subscription revenue without anything to show for it from a customer's perspective. All I'm saying is it doesn't exactly endear itself to customer loyalty.

As for the part of them not in it to make money and doing it because they love the genre... I'm pretty sure you guys all make money by doing this or you wouldn't be doing it for so long. Listen, I'm all for capitalism and I know you have expenses and time spent and you SHOULD be compensated and charge for the content. But let's not say this is merely altruistic and you aren't making money. I know the bigger money is probably in peril, but I would imagine you make a buck or two as well ;) I'm sure you guys love what you do and have fun doing it (it shows in the work), but the minute you charge for it, it IS a business with customers. And customers just need to not deal with unnecessary B.S. That's all I'm saying and that's all I'll say before I crawl back into the shadows!

PS - Whether or not you believe me, this was meant to be a constructive comment that I hope some people will heed! Really!

I normally don't speak out in these threads. I guess mainly for fear of bringing some of my past mistakes back to the surface. But, I have a couple of points of view on this and I have some time, so what the hell....

First, I totally agree with points that Susan Donym, lfan and patches are making.
If you're charging then it is a business. And, you should always keep your customers aware of what they're getting and or not getting, so they can make better informed decisions on whether or not to spend their money. But, being a paysite owner myself I can tell you there is no business model for Superheroine photo and/or film sites. We learn by our mistakes. And, more effectively, we learn by fan complaints.
Yes, the second we started charging money it became a business, but I can already tell you that Superheroinefilms isn't doing this for the money. There's no big money in "Powerfull Superheroines".
They're doing it because they love this genre. If they were in it just for the money, they wouldn't be producing films of Powerful Superchicks kicking ass. They'd be making camcorder videos of girls in cheap halloween costumes getting ass raped by a mad scientist wearing a kryptonite dildo. I'm sad to say it, but that's where the money is.

Ok, missleading updates... Yeah, that's something they need to work on.
I don't really think these guys intend it that way. They're probably just jumping the gun before the villagers start lighting their torches. I look at that as "Good initiative Bad judgment" . In the past, I/ the Steele's have been quilty of the same thing. Saying something like, "Updates tomorrow" and then something happens and I don't finish the updates until days later. God knows we had more than a few setbacks back in 06-07 or what I call now "The Dark Years" . But, after getting a few less than shiny emails and comments here, I learned to give the fans who are paying the respect they deserve. I imagine Superheroinefilms will do the same.

Will I buy a membership? Hell yeah, as soon as they have 4 or more movies up.. LOL!

More
07 Mar 2009 09:03 #15075 by Bully_pup
Replied by Bully_pup on topic Re: Superheroinefilms.com
I get what you're saying Susan. And in my previous post, I was in fact agreeing with you. My only point was that these guys are (probably) new to the pay site business, and are learning as they go.
Yes, they made a few bad judgement calls, as have I in the past.
But, I don't think they're trying to screw anyone over. That's all I'm saying.

While I understand that you have a unique perspective in runnng a site and one that I or 99.9% of the people here cannot relate to,

Huh???? 99% ?? LOL.. That's actually pretty funny! Well, thank god for that .1%! I think his name is Mike. Thanks Mike, seeya next week! Haha..

bully_pup

More
08 Mar 2009 03:01 #15082 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Re: Superheroinefilms.com
Good luck to you Susan. May the laptop thief be caught and thrown into orbit.

• Sarge395
More
15 Apr 2009 13:31 #15440 by Susan Donym
From their site:

We're on our way back. We should be back up and running with the release of a new film mid-April. This time we'll be hitting the deadline!

It is now "mid-April" with no update or communication since this one in late March. Wondering if anyone has heard anything? I hope they hit their deadline with the few hours they have left, but with no communication to that effect, it usually means otherwise given their past deadlines.

More
15 Apr 2009 18:53 #15442 by mo
I'm still hopeful......just not that hopeful:(

More
16 Apr 2009 18:43 #15447 by lfan
They recently updated their site. Seems the next release will be April 28th. I guess April has 56 days now?? (sorry, cheap shot!) :P

ElF

I'm still hopeful......just not that hopeful:(

More
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds