Amount

Superheroinefilms.com

29 Apr 2009 00:54 #15608 by patches
Replied by patches on topic Re: Superheroinefilms.com
Thats it ive had enough, theres no way i'm subscribing to this farce, these guys could'nt run a bath never mind a website. What a joke

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Apr 2009 02:11 #15610 by Susan Donym
Replied by Susan Donym on topic Re: Superheroinefilms.com
A joke is right! They take people's money and then act so flippant about it in their "response" on the site! Problem with After Effects? I guess they found that out today. So much for "we will not miss our mid-April deadline". Their intent apparently is to bleed $$$ out of people. This is pretty apparent based on the fact that they themselves said they had 5-6 films shot and edited and then only chose to wait and wait before posting and then lo and behold their machine gets stolen! I'm not saying it did not get stolen, but that kind of mentality to bleed and seep every cent of out of customers takes the concept that "doing this because they love the genre" and shits all over it. They read this forum -- you can tell in their responses. I'd love to see a response from them here. Patches, you said it right, a frickin joke!!!

Thats it ive had enough, theres no way i'm subscribing to this farce, these guys could'nt run a bath never mind a website. What a joke

More
29 Apr 2009 03:02 #15611 by willow
Replied by willow on topic Re: Superheroinefilms.com
There is a consistent pattern here. First, the website's initial launch kept getting delayed and delayed.

Then only a single video got posted with a expected subsequent video not coming out until next month. This plus no additional content in between such as photoshoots or stills from the next upcoming video.

Then their laptop with the only copies of the work their entire business model is based on gets stolen, and they don't have any backups, scraps, or other copies. They also neglect to tell anyone for at least a month or two.

Then they get a new laptop and new equipment, and promise not to miss their target release date.

Then they announce they are going to miss their target release date on the date they were supposed to release.

I have to agree. This website is a joke. It reminds me of a UK based pay-site from a few years ago that just grabbed supergirl or girl power images from movies and other websites, and then charged people a monthly fee to see them. It was much of a ripoff as this one is.

The sad irony here is that this niche genre would be a perfect place for an artist to build their artistic skills and reputation without any real competition. I think the idea of someone doing videos is golden, but it needs to be done by someone competent.

Don't announce until you have:

1. Material already created
2. Enough material for 3 to 6 months of updates
3. More material on the way for another 3 to 6 months of content.

Ideally, the images and comics JonX posts from his SuperSexyHeroines site should have been shot 2 or 3 months previous. So if work or life gets in the way, he has enough updates to take a break or handle a problem like his laptop being stolen.

A little forethought goes a long way.

More
29 Apr 2009 06:31 #15612 by mo
Replied by mo on topic Re: Superheroinefilms.com
Bah that's a real shame- I really liked the first couple of videos and I'm still not going to be put off, I just won't subscribe till it's updated then cancel to make sure I don't pay for nothing the following month. It is a shambles though

More
29 Apr 2009 12:23 #15615 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Superheroinefilms.com
This is why it is not on the tracker (as been asked in emails by some)! I'm hoping they can deliver and shoot straight with their customers going forward. They seem to have great potential!

Curious as why they do not use this forum as a platform. I do not recall seeing them post unless I missed it.

ADMIN

More
29 Apr 2009 18:57 #15616 by kaorg
Replied by kaorg on topic Re: Superheroinefilms.com
Just so that none of us get our hopes up, in my last post I've quoted from their website that the update is to be released "4th May" however under the video it says "5th May" which would be consistent with +1 week. I'm going to assume the worst that they mean Tuesday 5th May as that will be one week late.

More
29 Apr 2009 19:39 #15618 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: Superheroinefilms.com
I think they are quite more than "one week late" at this point! :P

ElF

I'm going to assume the worst that they mean Tuesday 5th May as that will be one week late.

More
04 May 2009 21:45 #15619 by kaorg
Replied by kaorg on topic Re: Superheroinefilms.com
Quite true. And speaking of which (since the forum is back up at this point) ... *taps foot waiting for update on the 4th as per the news post*

ElF

I'm going to assume the worst that they mean Tuesday 5th May as that will be one week late.

More
05 May 2009 20:16 #15628 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: Superheroinefilms.com
Well it appears up....question is, have they burned too many bridges for someone here to give a review? :)

ElF

Quite true. And speaking of which (since the forum is back up at this point) ... *taps foot waiting for update on the 4th as per the news post*

ElF

More
05 May 2009 21:22 #15629 by angels
Replied by angels on topic Re: Superheroinefilms.com
I find it strange that not only are the costumes the same as SuperSexyHeroines.com, but so are the supporting characters. How is JonX affiliated with all of this? He has a few clips on his site (that are pretty well done) and a great update schedule. Is this a sort of "side project" of his or what?

More
05 May 2009 23:09 #15632 by JonX
Replied by JonX on topic Re: Superheroinefilms.com
Hey all,

I just posted a blog update to do with the latest SuperheroineFilms movie at:

www.supersexyheroines.com/blog/2009/05/s...oinefilmscom-update/

On my blog posts in the past I've always made clear the relationship between myself and the guys at SuperheroineFilms.com.

They are film production guys and I spoke with them a long long time ago about producing some short movies.

So, I lend them my costumes, help them get actors, and also help them out on locations.

In return I am involved in the project and they also edit the short clips found on my website.

So its a nice relationship.

But I must stress (sorry guys!) I have nothing to do with the delays they've been experiencing. Plus there is only so much I can say about the new films they're planning on releasing.

So, you'll be seeing more SuperSexyHeroines.com models appearing in SuperheroineFilms.com movies, and vice-versa.

Jon

More
06 May 2009 23:24 #15640 by mo

Well it appears up....question is, have they burned too many bridges for someone here to give a review? :)

ElF

ElF

OK I bought it - although I'm always disapointed when the updates get pushed back, I figure I haven't lost anything as I've only ever subscribed when there's been an update.

I would say the photos do the movie justice - the camera quality is better than the last update and although there isn't much of a story we get what we all want ie unbelivably hot actress with a lot of great super powered attitute wearing a great costume. There's invulnerability, super speed and strength.

Personally I think we should get behind them as much as possible as I think they are only going to get better with experience and if they keep employing actresses as smokin' as the one used in their 3 movies so far - it's gonna be all good right?

More
06 May 2009 23:26 #15641 by mo

ElF

ElF

OK I bought it - although I'm always disapointed when the updates get pushed back, I figure I haven't lost anything as I've only ever subscribed when there's been an update.

I would say the photos do the movie justice - the camera quality is better than the last update and although there isn't much of a story we get what we all want ie unbelivably hot actress with a lot of great super powered attitute wearing a great costume. There's invulnerability, super speed and strength.

Personally I think we should get behind them as much as possible as I think they are only going to get better with experience and if they keep employing actresses as smokin' as the one used in their 3 movies so far - it's gonna be all good right?

correction that should read as the ones used in the last 3 movies (different ones used each time)

More
07 May 2009 15:12 #15645 by jdrock24
Replied by jdrock24 on topic Re: Superheroinefilms.com
I hope this was their last big hurdle and they stay on schedule from here on out. I really want to see those movies but want even more to see some sort of stability from the site before I fork over some cash.

I wonder if they read this forum and have a sense of the general theme of us, their potential customers.

More
13 May 2009 16:40 #15695 by bionic25
Replied by bionic25 on topic Re: Superheroinefilms.com
So I guess now you can buy their movies a la carte...

www.clips4sale.com/studio/30030

More
23 May 2009 18:00 #15754 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Re: Superheroinefilms.com
I subscribed and was quite pleased. 3 good little videos. Not sure of any updates or when. I cancelled after a month. Time will tell if they have what it takes to stay profitable.

• Sarge395
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
23 May 2009 18:25 #15755 by argonaut
Replied by argonaut on topic Re: Superheroinefilms.com
JonX tells me that they've just shot a movie based on a script ("Blind Date") that I wrote for SuperSexyHeroines. (Jon had asked me a few months ago if they could use some of the stories I'd written for SSH, and I said that it was okay with me if it was okay with him. But please note: That's my only connection with SuperHeroineFilms. Don't complain to me about late updates and such!)

I haven't seen footage or screen caps, but Jon sent some pictures of the model (not in costume). She's a beautiful brunette with a lovely smile. I'm looking forward to the video (but I'm not holding my breath) ...

More
24 May 2009 06:32 #15756 by CaptainIrishman
Replied by CaptainIrishman on topic Re: Superheroinefilms.com

JonX tells me that they've just shot a movie based on a script ("Blind Date") that I wrote for SuperSexyHeroines. (Jon had asked me a few months ago if they could use some of the stories I'd written for SSH, and I said that it was okay with me if it was okay with him. But please note: That's my only connection with SuperHeroineFilms. Don't complain to me about late updates and such!)

I haven't seen footage or screen caps, but Jon sent some pictures of the model (not in costume). She's a beautiful brunette with a lovely smile. I'm looking forward to the video (but I'm not holding my breath) ...

damnit man you should demand a date with said woman as price for your script

More
24 May 2009 16:10 #15760 by argonaut
I should have hired you as my agent. :)

More
02 Jun 2009 03:58 #15852 by jdrock24
So when will they update this month? Any guesses?

You're options are any date from June 1-30 or "Not this month, hopefully next".

My guess - June 8th (Fingers crossed that it may be sooner. Heck, any date this month would be a step forward.)

More
06 Jun 2009 20:50 #15862 by jdrock24
Well, it looks like my guess was a few days late because they just updated today (June 6).

Let's hope they keep it up and maybe update on July 1st next month like it says on the website.

More
08 Jun 2009 01:19 #15870 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Re: Superheroinefilms.com
Nice update. A bit short. Hot costume. Good FX. Throatlift, superspeed, superstrength.

Best part was the POV angle of it.

• Sarge395
More
17 Jun 2009 00:08 #15935 by argonaut
I just bought a month's subscription and downloaded the four videos they've produced so far.

I like what I've seen and I feel that I've gotten good value for my money. Overall, the production values are good, the special effects are well done, and the acting is solid to excellent. Most important, of course, the actresses are beautiful and they wear the spandex well.

There's a lot of variety in the story-lines. "The Forger" is a straightforward super-heroine-takes-down-the-bad-guys story. "Intoxication" involves a transfer of power and a confrontation between a good and a bad super-woman. (It put me in mind of some of Marknew's stories.) "The Bracelet" an origin/transformation story, and "Blind Date" shows what happens when an intruder interrupts a super-woman's night out. (Full disclosure: I wrote the script for this one.)

The site got off to a rough start, and lost some good-will among its potential clientele, but if you can spare $25 from your discretionary budget, I recommend signing up for a month. It seems to have gotten back on its feet, and a little support from those of us who have been holding out might give it some momentum.

More
17 Jun 2009 20:28 #15944 by mo
Well said argonaut:)

More
02 Jul 2009 13:39 #16087 by jdrock24

I just bought a month's subscription and downloaded the four videos they've produced so far.

I like what I've seen and I feel that I've gotten good value for my money. Overall, the production values are good, the special effects are well done, and the acting is solid to excellent. Most important, of course, the actresses are beautiful and they wear the spandex well.

There's a lot of variety in the story-lines. "The Forger" is a straightforward super-heroine-takes-down-the-bad-guys story. "Intoxication" involves a transfer of power and a confrontation between a good and a bad super-woman. (It put me in mind of some of Marknew's stories.) "The Bracelet" an origin/transformation story, and "Blind Date" shows what happens when an intruder interrupts a super-woman's night out. (Full disclosure: I wrote the script for this one.)

The site got off to a rough start, and lost some good-will among its potential clientele, but if you can spare $25 from your discretionary budget, I recommend signing up for a month. It seems to have gotten back on its feet, and a little support from those of us who have been holding out might give it some momentum.

Yes. Well said. I enjoyed the movies so far.

I just don't know why it is so hard to update on the 1st like the site says. If you're not going to update on the 1st and rather just monthly, then say that! I'm sorry about the mini rant, this is one of my pet peeves with web sites.

More
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds