Amount

PSW Update Mindy Marvel

03 Apr 2009 20:09 #15347 by Random321
PSW Update Mindy Marvel was created by Random321

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Straight from the story bank PSW is happy to present "Mindy Marvel: Origin!" Mindy/Melinda is brought to live action for the first time! I’ve liked this character from the start the first time I read one of Brad’s stories.

She’s strong as a character: she’s smart, she’s a professional (lawyer=nice/sexy business attire too), she has relationships with people that are solid (her husband). Plus she has these super abilities to go along with them.

In the first story we are introduced, get to see how she gets at least some of her powers, and learn of the threat facing her and their motivations.
Ashley has done stunt work before and is a tough girl. She went for it and fully put her head and shoulder into that wall. It turned out well enough that I want to do it again on a bigger scale, raising the bar as we always do!

We’re working on lining up a costume. For now I’ve always really liked business attire on women who are subtle but powerful anyway, so there is no loss. :D

I wish I could show you how much layering and time went into the power transfer scene. It was fun to do from scratch rather than using default tools or stock like so many folks do since it gives it a un-pasted and made for the short feeling. It’s a work of passion!

I can’t thank Brad enough for giving me the chance to do this. More to follow soon! :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Random321
  • Random321's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
03 Apr 2009 23:02 #15349 by gooner
Replied by gooner on topic Re: PSW Update Mindy Marvel
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets start by saying "Ashley is well HOT!" You've brought us yet another stunner R321.

Good start to the story, can't wait for the next installment and to see more of Ashley. And to she her in her costume, but she looks great in her blouse and skirt. Good thing with this heroine is she doesn't have to change into a superheroine. She has her powers 24/7.

Keep up the good work team and hope we don't have to wait too long for part 2.

Gooner :wink:

More
04 Apr 2009 11:59 #15354 by Brantwood
Replied by Brantwood on topic Re: PSW Update Mindy Marvel
I am totally agree!!!

Well done!!
:D :D :D :D

More
05 Apr 2009 04:17 #15358 by argonaut
Replied by argonaut on topic Re: PSW Update Mindy Marvel
Random:

Like you, I'm a big fan of Brad's Mindy Marvel character, so I'm excited by this new series. I see that you've re-written her origin, but that's okay as long as you preserve what makes Brad's stories so appealing -- their humor, Mindy's personality (smart, capable, and responsible, but with a playful edge); and her strong relationship with her husband.

Asley is a great casting choice, and I look forward to seeing what kind of costume you come up with for her. As I'm sure you know, Brad has commissioned quite a few drawings of Mindy in a variety of outfits. My personal favorite is the one with cowboy boots and a "honky-tonk" look.

I have to say, though, that this video didn't give me quite as much bang for the buck as your others. Putting Ashley in a smock and face-mask for so much of the running time seemed perverse, and the footage of her leaning over a plate of dirt got kind of tedious. But I realize this is a first chapter, and I'm sure that upcoming installments will make up for the relative dearth of "superwoman content" in this one.

Still a fan!

Argonaut

More
05 Apr 2009 05:51 #15360 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic Re: PSW Update Mindy Marvel
Gooner and Brantwood ~ thanks for the kind comments. It was fun to do.

I'm already several scenes into FX editing for the next short. The draft edit is done. I just have to drop in the FX cuts, tighten the edit/cut points, add music, and sound, do titles, and I'll get it up ASAP.

Argonaut ~ I've got a tall task. Brads character on paper is very good. She's going to be hard to bring to life in the right way. Not sure if I'll get it right in the first few shorts, I may even change actresses - I'm not certain yet. I’ll be re-reading Brad’s stories 20 more times to take clues and hints.

The smock ~ I know ~ what a tease right. I perhaps should have had her take off the smock at the same time she pulled off the mask with that "this is silly" attitude I wanted to convey with the mask. For time in front of a plate of dirt ~ I admit I’ve been watching too many CSI re-runs!

Well ~ bang per minute it must have been okay since it was the longest I’ve ever done. I admit it is more story and origin than action. Everything feels light to me after the “visitors” series ~ those two are non stop. This one at least had the “power transfer,” wall hit, laptop break, and car door handle bits. The next short will have more super stunts no doubt about that and I want to get to the point with the character that I can do a “visitors” level short with her.

• Random321
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
05 Apr 2009 05:55 #15361 by Random321
Oh and the knife thing! I was proud of how that turned out!

...wait there was the tearing the bottle in half too!

I'm to focused on the next short I can't recall the last... :wink:

• Random321
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
11 Apr 2009 21:54 #15409 by Artnico
Replied by Artnico on topic Amazing Mindy Marvel !
Hello !

Just some feedbacks about your latest video, Random. You're going better and better in the story, and visual FX. And what about Ashley ! She's just the sexyest and hottest of all your actress ! :shock: I like the way she's dressed with her strict skirt and her high heels. I thought I had a heart attack when she was next to her 4x4 car : during a moment, I imagined she would lift it to test her new strength, but nothing happened. :cry: Damned !
But I'm sure the next part will be awsome with lot of strength feat, I hope so. :roll:
Thank you very much for your great woork !
:D
Nicolas.

More
16 Apr 2009 00:11 #15445 by Random321
Ashley's Review is in:

Nice Work!!! Yeah, ur right about the enthusiasm part, I think that needs work too! Yeah I thought you did a great job though, it looks cool. I don't know my schedule yet, but once I find out I will let you know! I hope you have a great day! I'll talk to ya soon!
Ashley

Also ~ for Artnico ~ Hmm... Let's see if I can get a screen shot of part two posted here in the next little bit.

• Random321
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
17 Apr 2009 22:58 #15458 by Random321

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Ask and you shall receive. You didn’t think I’d rent that monstrosity and not use it did you? Or course ~ I also got it so I could move all the props in one trip.

Editing is going very well. Weeks rather than months. :D

• Random321
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
17 Apr 2009 23:09 #15459 by Random321
Hmm… …just after posting that I was looking at it and you know ~ for the first time I think I can say it looks better in video with the motion. Normally stills are easier to do and convey some realism but in this case the act of lifting is just so cool looking at 29.97 frames per second. Oh well.

Looking forward to the next release ~ we’re staying true to strong and powerful super heroines and not selling out! The story gets better too she’s threatened but keeps her dignity (no torn costumes or hit the ground peril here)! Not sure why but there seems to be a new peril push on some of the boards ~ guess that’s where the money is, glad SWM has not gone that way even under new management.

The first part has gotten enough of a good fan reaction that I’m working more seriously on the awesome costume now also. Hard to pick someone to make it since it’s such an investment but it should be fun. Gotta make Brad proud!

• Random321
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
18 Apr 2009 11:01 #15463 by Artnico
Replied by Artnico on topic Re: PSW Update Mindy Marvel
My God ! It's seems you've made my dream come true Random !
Don't tell me she's gonna lift this truck dressed like this !? It's too hot ! :shock:
That's the way I love Superwomen too : I mean why a Superwomen should always wearing a costume when she's in action ? I think she could be very sexy too when she's dressed with short skirt and high heel to show her strength ! :D
So, thank you for this great preview that make me impatient to see the next part of Mindy Marvel !
:lol:

More
18 Apr 2009 12:48 #15466 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Re: PSW Update Mindy Marvel
She is sexy as hell. But I'm dying to see her change out of costume and wreak havoc. Would love to see her hover/fly, use superbreath, and then visit my bedroom. :twisted:

• Sarge395
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
23 Jun 2009 23:15 #15987 by spunk639
Replied by spunk639 on topic Re: PSW Update Mindy Marvel
Any idea when we will see some more?

More
24 Jun 2009 09:22 #15993 by carlosandy
Replied by carlosandy on topic Re: PSW Update Mindy Marvel

Any idea when we will see some more?

I also in waiting. Long time didn't see update for this website.

Hope will update soon

More
29 Jun 2009 02:49 #16051 by spunk639
Replied by spunk639 on topic Re: PSW Update Mindy Marvel
No replies from the site guys..........uh oh is this thing done before it starts?

More
29 Jun 2009 04:43 #16052 by bionic25
Replied by bionic25 on topic Re: PSW Update Mindy Marvel
If there is a delay, there is good reason.

Random's good people and a responsible site owner.

More
02 Jul 2009 19:18 #16090 by wise_z01
Replied by wise_z01 on topic Re: PSW Update Mindy Marvel
can wait for an update!

More
02 Jul 2009 19:20 #16091 by wise_z01
Replied by wise_z01 on topic Re: PSW Update Mindy Marvel
is there going to be an update soon? anyone knows? the videos were getting better!

More
07 Jul 2009 21:21 #16112 by Random321
Hi all! Not dead ~ just slammed!

Work has put down new rules on e-mail and web surfing that limits my activity for most of the day. Plus I’m trying to save the economy by buying a first house and starting a new business with a partner at the same time while still working at my existing job. <Wipes Brow>

I'm still keeping up with the webpage when people have orders to make sure they get their links since fair customer service is what we've always been about.

I’ve been making very slow progress on a new short. I’m also trying to figure out how to shoot more with Ashley so we can keep going with Mindy Marvel. Just so much going on new releases fell on the back burner a bit. However, that’s why we have this model, no one is angry, just looking for more (including me), and I’m no feeling so pressured to update that I just want to quit it! Ah ~ the system works.

Give me just a bit more time and we will come roaring back! In the mean time I’ll try and work up some great photo sets I have around here somewhere. :D

• Random321
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds