Amount

Not Human Enough -- Powergirl story

14 Jan 2011 23:08 #21262 by shadar
Not Human Enough -- Powergirl story was created by shadar
While I'm working on Part 3 of Chip off the Old Block, I thought I'd post a revised version of a story I wrote a long time ago but never published.

Not Human Enough is a Powergirl / Jimmy Olsen story that is rated NC17 and NSFW. Darkseid is preparing a full scale attack on Earth and the Diaboli are in league with him to neutralize Powergirl and Superman.

Jimmy Olsen Jr is the only person who stands in the way of potential global conquest because somebody is inside Kara's head and influencing her emotions. In Part 1, he's not doing so well. Maybe in Part 2 hel'll save the world, but only time will tell.

Not Human Enough, Part 1

velorian.net/NHE/nhe01.pdf

There is a link inside the PDF to high-res versions of the images used in the story.

Shadar
The following user(s) said Thank You: mastadon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• shadar
  • shadar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
18 Jan 2011 18:56 #21277 by ronaldk91335
Replied by ronaldk91335 on topic Bad file
I get a pop-up window with the message "the file is damaged anc could not be repaired" when I try to open the file.

More
18 Jan 2011 19:50 #21279 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Re: Bad file
Not sure what happened there, but it definitely was broken. I've re-uploaded but had troubles with caching, so if that other link doesn't work, try:

velorian.net/NHE/nhe01a.pdf

Sorry about that... it takes a few seconds to load due to size.

Shadar

I get a pop-up window with the message "the file is damaged anc could not be repaired" when I try to open the file.

• shadar
More
18 Jan 2011 22:38 #21280 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Re: Not Human Enough -- Powergirl story
Massive story. Thank you.

About half way through and I'm of course liking it.

• Sarge395
More
19 Jan 2011 00:57 #21281 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Re: Not Human Enough -- Powergirl story
This one doesn't have the usual type of action, at least in Part 1, but instead is a character exploration of Powergirl and Karen Starr and how she handles being two different people.

Of course, the erotica is pure indulgence for all of us who wish we were a Jimmy Olson. Although the way it came out, he probably needs a little blue-K next time (which gives humans some portion of super powers). She's more than a handful in more ways than one.

Shadar

• shadar
More
20 Jan 2011 08:12 #21286 by oldHarmonyMotion
Replied by oldHarmonyMotion on topic Re: Not Human Enough -- Powergirl story
PG is psycho!

• oldHarmonyMotion
More
20 Jan 2011 14:18 #21287 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Re: Not Human Enough -- Powergirl story

PG is psycho!

I got the same impression, and surely developing multiple ID/personalities doesn't help.

More
20 Jan 2011 17:34 #21288 by shadar
I'd used as inspiration the early PG series (1970's I believe) where:

1) She realized the Symbioship had filled her head with nothing but dreams. That she'd been in the ship since she was an infant and all her memories and experiences were fake, and shaped by a machine of dubious programming.

2) She didn't like her overbearing older cousin, and left blank the hole in her costume where his 'S' shield was supposed to go to spite him.

3) She was trying to start a "video game" company as Karen Starr, but she didn't know anything about business or human relations. But she was incredibly smart due to the Symbioship's programming, including knowledge of Kryptonian computer technology.

4) She had a muscular body with an overdeveloped chest hanging out the hole in her costume that invited rude comments -- which she resented to the degree that she'd hurt people who made them.

5) She wasn't afraid to use force against anyone, sometimes way too much force, and her emotions were on a roller coaster.

Starting from that interesting point, I tossed in the Diaboli (messing with her mind) and the idea that she given she hadn't figured out who Kara Zor L really was, even as she tried to live two other lives, one as Powergirl and the other was Karen Starr, and as a result had become clinically schizophrenic about maintaining her separate identities.

She had no center to return to, unlike Superman with both his Clark Kent self and his native self, Kal El. Superman is at his heart a man raised on a farm in Kansas, and has those values.

Kara Zor L/Powergirl was raised by a machine and never touched a living human until she arrived on Earth, and she's done most of her touching since then with her fists.

She has but one man in the world that she thinks is a friend, Jimmy Olson Jr, but in reality she doesn't know how to treat a friend. He wants to help, but he's fatally attracted to her sexually, but he's not sure if he should treat her as if she's 14 or 40.

The fun part will be to put her to the test with the Diaboli and Darkseid, and have her come out the backside a bit more wholesome and better integrated. But its up to Jimmy Olson to how her how to be human, and I'm not yet sure he's up to the task.

I'm also not sure she really wants to be human, at least in the way that Clark Kent is human.

In the meantime, she's heading for serious trouble with Darkseid and his minions, with Jimmy trying to decide if he should run after her to help her... or run the hell the other way while he's still in one piece.

The fate of the world might be hanging by a single thread named Jimmy Olson.

Shadar

• shadar
More
20 Jan 2011 23:34 #21290 by Woodclaw
That mini was actually from the early 1988, her first solo serie after Crisis and from there on the whole "which is PG real origin started?"

Personally I don't like much that interpretation of the character, nor those to follow until very recently (PG new personal serie, at least the first 12 issues).

Still I believe that you got a point. As far as I'm concerned Superman/Kal is human, while his pphysiology might be Kryptonian, he's culturally a human. He actually knows nothing of Krypton, except for what he get from the records of his father. In this sense Kara is a lot more Kryptonian than him.

More
21 Jan 2011 02:51 #21291 by shadar
Actually, the series I modeled the character after was the Showcase Powergirl miniseres from ten years earlier... February thru April 1978, although it was actually on the shelf in late 1977. At this time, there was no question of her being anything but Kryptonian.

This series is pretty rare, so I'll scan the first issue and share it later tonight. This time frame actually preceded the "hole in the costume" look, but represents a PG that I found interesting to build upon. I stole the "hole" idea from later.

Shadar

That mini was actually from the early 1988, her first solo serie after Crisis and from there on the whole "which is PG real origin started?"

Personally I don't like much that interpretation of the character, nor those to follow until very recently (PG new personal serie, at least the first 12 issues).

Still I believe that you got a point. As far as I'm concerned Superman/Kal is human, while his pphysiology might be Kryptonian, he's culturally a human. He actually knows nothing of Krypton, except for what he get from the records of his father. In this sense Kara is a lot more Kryptonian than him.

• shadar
More
21 Jan 2011 08:38 #21294 by Woodclaw

Actually, the series I modeled the character after was the Showcase Powergirl miniseres from ten years earlier... February thru April 1978, although it was actually on the shelf in late 1977. At this time, there was no question of her being anything but Kryptonian.

This series is pretty rare, so I'll scan the first issue and share it later tonight. This time frame actually preceded the "hole in the costume" look, but represents a PG that I found interesting to build upon. I stole the "hole" idea from later.

Shadar

I think I never read this particular serie. Thanks for the scans.

More
21 Jan 2011 13:31 #21295 by shadar
I'll try to scan and post the other two issues then... its a classic bit of Powergirl history.

Shadar

• shadar
More
22 Jan 2011 00:36 #21303 by angels
Replied by angels on topic Re: Not Human Enough -- Powergirl story
Thanks for the scan - I didn't even realize PG had been around that long. It's nice to see her as more than just a sexpot cliche for the writers at DC to joke around with. I definitely prefer the hard ass PG.

More
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds