Amount

Supersexyheroines?? Superheroinefilms??

15 Jun 2011 11:48 #23628 by italy877
Supersexyheroines?? Superheroinefilms?? was created by italy877
So does anybody know what's going on with these sites??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • italy877
  • italy877's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • SWM - Junior
  • SWM - Junior
More
15 Jun 2011 12:53 #23629 by d_k_c
Replied by d_k_c on topic Supersexyheroines?? Superheroinefilms??
I personally think too much flak from the bondage people and not enough support from the super girl people. But they had a nice run - I'll give them my big thank you! But no longer my money.

My only regret is not submitting a story to them that they may consider.


But I wish them the best of luck. And a big Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jun 2011 13:38 #23630 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Supersexyheroines?? Superheroinefilms??
A while ago JonX put on a blog post saying something on the lines of "this is my hobby, not my job" and said that the next uploads will be very slow if any. As much as I love some of their stuff I agree with DKC, if a site asks a monthly subscription regular updates are mandatory, otherwise it's better to do as Random does and charge base on content.

(formerly Anon, still Librarian)

"What is the point of having free will if one cannot occasionally spit in the eye of destiny?" ("Gentleman" John Marcone)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jun 2011 17:13 #23634 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Supersexyheroines?? Superheroinefilms??
Christmas gift Ideas for JonX: a calendar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jun 2011 17:33 #23635 by five_red
Replied by five_red on topic Supersexyheroines?? Superheroinefilms??
All of the JonX related sites, supersexyheroines, ultrasexyheroines, superheroinehq, etc. are all either way overdue for updates, or MIA. It might be tempting to explain this as recent personal problems -- we all know (and I hope are respectful) of cases when members of the community have been hit by unexpected health or family problems that have seen them take time out from online activities -- yet these sites started to run into problems a long while back. I think it's just a case of trying to do too many things all at once. Too much enthusiasm!

I don't want to criticise JonX, because I'm sure he didn't go into any of these ventures with the intention of getting rich. It looks like he has merely fallen foul of the catch 22 which plagues communities like our own: we can't have professional quality content unless somebody pays, but there aren't enough paying souls to fund someone to make professional content full time. So we end up with hobbyists (as JonX describes himself) trying to find ways of funding the hobby. In a way I applaud these people: they get off their backsides, book the models, hire the studios, and create the web sites which really give a boost to our community. The problems is real life has a habit of getting in the way, and hobbies are always the first casualty of any hiccup in someone's personal life. This wouldn't be a problem, if it wasn't for the paying customers. People will only cut you so much slack, particularly if several updates are missed without even so much as a 140 character tweet of explanation.

I've thought for a long time we (as a community) need to get a little inventive with the way we fund these professional productions. Random's idea of charging per content package works well for the paying punter, but I'm sure there's a large element of risk for Random personally(?), which I think is unfair.

I have some ideas on how we, as a community, might work together to create better ways of funding professional quality content, but none of them are perfect, so I'll save them for a future message perhaps. But I would like to hear what others have to say. Do you think the pay site model is a good one, given the size of our community? Is Random's per-package model better, is it fair for both consumer and producer? Are there even better ways we could share the burden of funding professional content in a sustainable way?

Supergirl Pre-Crisis Chronology: www.superwomenmania.com/supergirltl/
Supergirl: the Life and Times of Kara Zor-El: maidofmight.wordpress.com/
DeviantArt: 5red.deviantart.com/
Blog: x5red.tumblr.com/
The following user(s) said Thank You: argonaut, CaptainIrishman, fats

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jun 2011 18:23 #23636 by fats
Replied by fats on topic Supersexyheroines?? Superheroinefilms??
five_red, that hs to be one of the best posts on any topic on this forum that i have read in many a year.

well done

Fats

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jun 2011 22:20 #23639 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Supersexyheroines?? Superheroinefilms??
Agreed....will start a new thread and weigh-in with my thoughts....

ELF

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jun 2011 23:03 #23641 by Revan
Replied by Revan on topic Supersexyheroines?? Superheroinefilms??

five_red wrote: All of the JonX related sites, supersexyheroines, ultrasexyheroines, superheroinehq, etc. are all either way overdue for updates, or MIA. It might be tempting to explain this as recent personal problems -- we all know (and I hope are respectful) of cases when members of the community have been hit by unexpected health or family problems that have seen them take time out from online activities -- yet these sites started to run into problems a long while back. I think it's just a case of trying to do too many things all at once. Too much enthusiasm!

I don't want to criticise JonX, because I'm sure he didn't go into any of these ventures with the intention of getting rich. It looks like he has merely fallen foul of the catch 22 which plagues communities like our own: we can't have professional quality content unless somebody pays, but there aren't enough paying souls to fund someone to make professional content full time. So we end up with hobbyists (as JonX describes himself) trying to find ways of funding the hobby. In a way I applaud these people: they get off their backsides, book the models, hire the studios, and create the web sites which really give a boost to our community. The problems is real life has a habit of getting in the way, and hobbies are always the first casualty of any hiccup in someone's personal life. This wouldn't be a problem, if it wasn't for the paying customers. People will only cut you so much slack, particularly if several updates are missed without even so much as a 140 character tweet of explanation.

I've thought for a long time we (as a community) need to get a little inventive with the way we fund these professional productions. Random's idea of charging per content package works well for the paying punter, but I'm sure there's a large element of risk for Random personally(?), which I think is unfair.

I have some ideas on how we, as a community, might work together to create better ways of funding professional quality content, but none of them are perfect, so I'll save them for a future message perhaps. But I would like to hear what others have to say. Do you think the pay site model is a good one, given the size of our community? Is Random's per-package model better, is it fair for both consumer and producer? Are there even better ways we could share the burden of funding professional content in a sustainable way?


You earned Karma for that :P

As for the risks involved with different setups, the only people capable of answering that would be ppl like ctheis and random I guess.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jun 2011 23:16 #23643 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Supersexyheroines?? Superheroinefilms??
Agree with the Karma! FYI, here is the separate thread for this discussion:

superwomenmania.com/index.php?option=com...23640&Itemid=0#23642

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jun 2011 09:15 #23651 by italy877
Replied by italy877 on topic Supersexyheroines?? Superheroinefilms??
I just dont understand why you would say anything at all, if i were John i would do what they do over at project superwoman and new phoenix studios and charge for each comic or video that he puts up so he doesnt get pressured into having weekly updates for 4 different websites...Come on Jon i want to see that Wonder Woman Video you promised us 7 months ago on superheroinfilms.com...im sure im not the only one dying to see it...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • italy877
  • italy877's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • SWM - Junior
  • SWM - Junior
More
22 Jun 2011 20:47 #23706 by italy877
Replied by italy877 on topic Supersexyheroines?? Superheroinefilms??
Finally an update, and i think next week will look even better!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • italy877
  • italy877's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • SWM - Junior
  • SWM - Junior
More
23 Jun 2011 00:11 #23714 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Supersexyheroines?? Superheroinefilms??

italy877 wrote: Finally an update, and i think next week will look even better!!


This triple update was very welcome, but I'm still skeptical about regular updates. I hope everything will turn out for the best, but in the meantime I won't hold my breath.

(formerly Anon, still Librarian)

"What is the point of having free will if one cannot occasionally spit in the eye of destiny?" ("Gentleman" John Marcone)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jul 2011 02:04 #23805 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Supersexyheroines?? Superheroinefilms??

Anon wrote:

italy877 wrote: Finally an update, and i think next week will look even better!!


This triple update was very welcome, but I'm still skeptical about regular updates. I hope everything will turn out for the best, but in the meantime I won't hold my breath.


Not unless you have a scuba tank, apparently! ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds