Amount

NEW Stormy Tempest: Fight for the Future!

01 Jun 2012 07:55 #27480 by oogber
Replied by oogber on topic Re: Stormy Tempest Season 2
I'll definitely pick this one up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jun 2012 08:59 #27481 by accomics
Replied by accomics on topic Re: Stormy Tempest Season 2
@Superbreath - Thanks! I'll pass that comment along to the ladies.
@goobers - Thanks for your support!

And at long last... here is the trailer for the Season 2 finale Stormy Tempest: Fight for the Future available now at www.CultRetro.com .

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, Markiehoe

• accomics
  • accomics's Avatar Topic Author
  • SWM - Junior
  • SWM - Junior
More
04 Jun 2012 17:39 #27508 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic Re: Stormy Tempest Season 2
This movie was a blast! Lacey does plenty of Supergirl type action for Super fans and Stormy handles Stormy type action for Stormy fans. (That would be me.) Bring on season three! :woohoo:

• Markiehoe
  • Uberposter of Distinction
More
11 Jun 2012 03:10 #27560 by accomics
Replied by accomics on topic Re: NEW Stormy Tempest: Fight for the Future!
For those who have asked, here is a list of the powers on display in this episode. Beware of spoilers:

Flight/hovering, lots and lots and LOTS of flight, superspeed, invisibility, invulnerability, superbreath, laservision x3, feats of strength, force fields, photon torpedoes, teleportation, space travel/survival, Lacey vs. alien spaceships, Lacey extinguishing an inferno, lightning zaps, knockout gas, burning bad guys, exploding bad guys, bad guys rammed with a Quadrunner, psychedelic mental vistas, stuff I'm probably forgetting to mention, a unique and exciting laser battle while riding a QuadRunner, explosions and yet more explosions, a smoking 767 passenger jet nosediving with Lacey trying to save it from crashing, alien spaceships blowing up a few Orlando area landmarks, Lacey picking up a firetruck and... well, you've gotta see that one for yourself!

This is not a plotless FX demo. The special effects are used here to bring powerful superheroines to life... enabling them to actually do superheroic things in service to the story. This film is about superheroines actually saving the world (and the entire galaxy). This film is about superheroines kicking ass!

Stormy Tempest and Lacey are unique and dynamic characters. This film explores and evolves both personalities and their ongoing storylines. This is a live action comic book brought to life by the guy that actually created the comic book characters. This is us pooring our heart, soul, blood, sweat, and tears into a film project for countless hours trying to create the biggest and most spectacular superheroic action that is possible at this budget level.

We made this one for those of you who are actually fans of superheroines.

If this sounds like your cup of tea we hope you'll check it out... and we'd love to hear what you think to guide our future efforts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SCOTT R, Markiehoe

• accomics
  • accomics's Avatar Topic Author
  • SWM - Junior
  • SWM - Junior
More
11 Jun 2012 03:28 #27561 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic Re: NEW Stormy Tempest: Fight for the Future!
"We made this one for those of you who are actually fans of superheroines."
That's me! :laugh:
I have been a Stormy fan since I discovered her in comics back in the 1980s. These Stormy movies have gotten better and better and the skills of the producers have really pushed the envelope.
I started watching with Perils in the Past and each succesive movie shows something different, you hardly ever see the same thing twice.

• Markiehoe
More
11 Jun 2012 03:54 #27562 by www1969
Replied by www1969 on topic Re: NEW Stormy Tempest: Fight for the Future!

Markiehoe wrote: I started watching with Perils in the Past and each succesive movie shows something different, you hardly ever see the same thing twice.

Oh golly, this. I'm reminded of those "New Goddess" shorts. Hot girls, but they basically told exactly the same story over and over and did the same small handful of super-feats dozens and dozens of times. If you're going to hold our interest over time, you're going to have to mix it up a little. Not necessarily better effects, just different ones. Luckily, the Stormy Tempest people give us both.

More
11 Jun 2012 07:41 #27568 by lfan
After seeing it, I can say that this latest installment of Stormy Tempest is NOT simply a redux or a simple "re-formulation" of the same old gaffes like some video shorts seem to do. Quite the opposite -- and much like PSW seems to do -- the followup episode seemed to try and "trump" itself with even more ambitious special effects, as evidenced by the flying effects and plane rescue.

ElF

More
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds