Amount

NEW Stormy Tempest: Fight for the Future!

13 Mar 2012 17:26 #26546 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Re: Stormy Tempest Season 2
Great example Yohashuan.

Another fantasy of mine would be to see a bunch of evil ubergirls competing to see who gets to rule the world or a certain territory/city. Start small and then have their area grow as they conquer the good guys/girls that are trying to stop them. In the meantime they are manipulating the local officials, mobs, news people, and fighting each other. Not so much killing each other off but putting them in the place and assigning them a duty like 'enforcer', lieutenant, etc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Sarge395
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
13 Mar 2012 17:38 #26547 by accomics
Replied by accomics on topic Re: Stormy Tempest Season 2
@ yohashuan

Out of curiosity how many GIGA clips do you own?

@ Sarge395

The Awakening was well done. I wish we had a van to roll. :)
And do YOU purchase from GIGA?

• accomics
  • accomics's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 Mar 2012 18:39 #26550 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: Stormy Tempest Season 2
I liken GIGA and ZEN as the "Lex Luthors" of the genre....if only they would use their smarts and skills for "good", instead of peril. Oh well!

I think that clip Yosh posted bangs home the essence of what a lot here are looking for --- strength, invulnerability, hot chick, great costume, heroine portraying confidence, etc. Unfortuantely, these clips only span about 3-4 mins of their movies with the other time dedicated to peril and some usually really freaky crap. GIGA is a little more extreme than ZEN who's brand seems to be "lighter" on the peril and were the ones behind Astro Girl which I thought was one of the best ubergirl movies that I've seen in terms of the heroine and special FX.

I'd bought GIGA and ZEN in the past (prob 6-7 movies) if I'd really like the trailer, but I've come to learn sadly that the "girl power" stuff is a teaser and what they show in the trailer is usually the extent of it. Also the big price tag (usually 5000 yen or more) doesn't make it appealing if I cannot watch (or understand) the overall story....

ElF

More
13 Mar 2012 19:12 #26552 by Sarge395
I have purchased AstroGirl 1 from ZEN but the price is high and it is a pain to get it to play. I think the download was copy protected or something at first. Since then I've watched the YouTube fan shorts from GIGA and ZEN. Sent them an email years ago, got a short but polite response and have been waiting for them to produce a pro superheroine video for a change with no luck.

Yeah, the old van roll was cool. I believe Bully_Pup had connections at an auto body shop. Done with a forklift or cables on a junker.

I'd pay to see shorter 5 minute clips of great looking gals in costume just showing off their curves, costumes, talking to the camera about their powers, and a few demonstration SFX. Green screen flying while talking to themselves about how great it feels to be going through the air under their own power, and you get the idea. Mandi Marvel short video is still one of my favorites. Maybe shorter clips would give you an idea of how much demand is out there before going into a longer production. Would prefer a full video but you have a business to run and need to test the waters so to speak.

• Sarge395
More
13 Mar 2012 19:20 - 13 Mar 2012 19:25 #26553 by accomics
Interesting analogy, since Luther is generally financially motivated and does not view himself as being evil. :whistle:

I'm not out to create an empire, but I don't have cash to throw away either. I already know there is money to be made in building a heroine up for the sole purpose of tearing her apart. The peril crowd will tell you that it makes the fall sweeter if the heroine is first presented as being strong and powerful. It makes sense that you are drawn to the "set up", but the main focus of the film is obviously not intended for you.

If anyone is going to make an ongoing, successful series of high-end ubergirl films, you would logically think it might be the japanese. Fetish films for them are practically mainstream, and they generally take the (production quality) lead in any niche film market they enter. They can AFFORD to do so because they have an audience of dedicated buyers willing to support thier efforts.

The fact that they do NOT do much dedicated ubergirl stuff is one of those warning flags that might indicate that there's no real market for it...even in the East. That "Brave Girl" clip is very cool, but it is bought and paid for by PERIL fans.

I'd like to see this change and we're certainly willing to test the waters to see if it's possible for us. Our heroines always win in the long run anyway, so our characters are practically ubergirls already. But I'll admit that relying on a new fanbase makes me nervous. I know that I'm about to LOOSE (atleast temporarily) a good chunk of my existing audience with this next release. The only question is whether or not I'll have a NEW audience to show for having taken the risk. I appreciate the comments and feedback you guys have offered so far. It would be nice to hear from other members of the community as well. I'll take all the warm fuzzies I can get. :laugh:
Last edit: 13 Mar 2012 19:25 by accomics.

• accomics
More
13 Mar 2012 19:52 #26554 by lfan

accomics wrote: Interesting analogy, since Luther is generally financially motivated and does not view himself as being evil. :whistle:

:)

accomics wrote: I'm not out to create an empire, but I don't have cash to throw away either. I already know there is money to be made in building a heroine up for the sole purpose of tearing her apart. The peril crowd will tell you that it makes the fall sweeter if the heroine is first presented as being strong and powerful. It makes sense that you are drawn to the "set up", but the main focus of the film is obviously not intended for you.

While some/most people here dislike the concept of peril, I think its generally -- and sometimes incorrectly -- seen with the notion that it will head downhill quickly: tied up --> stripped --> tortured --> raped --> snuffed. In that hierarchy there are some pretty misogynistic and disgusting acts. HOWEVER, I don't think that "tied up" always reflects bondage or sexual deviation in the context of the story. Same goes for getting hit or knocked out. I think good stories need the heroine tested (as long as she comes out on top).

I think also, the easiest ways to hedge against "ubergirl people" getting turning off from their superpowered heroine being defeated is by doing that with a superpowered villainess. The best analogy I can give her in the FemForce universe is Rad vs Ms V (or Valkyira, etc). [/quote]

accomics wrote: If anyone is going to make an ongoing, successful series of high-end ubergirl films, you would logically think it might be the japanese. Fetish films for them are practically mainstream, and they generally take the (production quality) lead in any niche film market they enter. They can AFFORD to do so because they have an audience of dedicated buyers willing to support thier efforts.

The fact that they do NOT do much dedicated ubergirl stuff is one of those warning flags that might indicate that there's no real market for it...even in the East. That "Brave Girl" clip is very cool, but it is bought and paid for by PERIL fans.

I think there is just a different attitude toward "US superheroes" in the japanese markets. You look at their comics, anime, TV, movies --- it's just apples and oranges. There is a big lack of non-mecha superheroines in their products and comics though. I've had long discussions with MOTS over that. I often question and wonder if they sell....I DO know that Astro Girl #1 and #2 stayed at the top of Zen's best seller list for weeks (and perhaps months) so that makes me curious why they don't do more movies with that same formula (talking about ZEN, not GIGA). Interestingly, one of their latest, "Sun Leona", was VERY light on the peril. Unfortunately, it was pretty devoid of action and uberness aside from a few scenes. I'm sure I'm missing something though, not being able to understand Japanese.

Interestingly, while Japan does not embrace superheroines, I find it fascination and promising that, to the South, in the Pinoy region, they flock to the subject for their TV shows --- Darna (continual remakes), Super Klenk, Crystalla, SuperMak, etc. If they could only do better special FX...

accomics wrote: I'd like to see this change and we're certainly willing to test the waters to see if it's possible for us. Our heroines always win in the long run anyway, so our characters are practically ubergirls already. But I'll admit that relying on a new fanbase makes me nervous. I know that I'm about to LOOSE (atleast temporarily) a good chunk of my existing audience with this next release. The only question is whether or not I'll have a NEW audience to show for having taken the risk. I appreciate the comments and feedback you guys have offered so far. It would be nice to hear from other members of the community as well. I'll take all the warm fuzzies I can get. :laugh:

People, this is a plea for feedback and an open solicitation to give us what we want, but two things need to happen:

1) Respond with feedback
2) Buy the videos when they come out

If we don't, it's our own fault...

More
13 Mar 2012 20:24 - 13 Mar 2012 20:25 #26556 by accomics
Thanks lfan.

Bondage scenes are great for allowing the villain to deliver an obnoxious monologue while explaining his evil plot to destroy the world (that the heroine can then foil)! KO scenes are a good way to transition from one location to the next (heroine wakes up in the villain's HQ, providing her with the means to destroy said HQ and save the day)! Also good when you don't want to kill your heroine, but you don't want her to win yet and thus end the movie prematurely.

Nobody likes a premature ending. :blush:

I'll start posting some preview pics in a couple of days. We certainly don't expect support on blind faith and good intentions alone.

Don't underestimate the value of feedback and communication and customer interest. Bill lost money on Best of the West for years simply because he loves Westerns and he had loyal, vocal and dedicated fans of the title. Money ain't everthing. (It's helpful though :laugh: )

For those interested, Mark Heike has nearly finished the Yankee Girl tradepaperback which should be available for sale at accomics.com very soon also. Or you can probably still order it from your local comic shop via PREVIEWS and get it cheaper.
Last edit: 13 Mar 2012 20:25 by accomics.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, Sarge395

• accomics
More
14 Mar 2012 00:06 #26557 by jdrock24
Replied by jdrock24 on topic Re: Stormy Tempest Season 2
The next installment sounds very good. I can't wait to see the preview pictures.

Here is my two cents about what I like to see in a superheroine movie:

Basically, for me, it's about the superheroine showing off her powers to her weaker male foes. I especially like it when she takes on several males at once, such as a street gang, and easily defeats them. A confident, almost arrogant, attitude is a plus also. Usually the beginning of a ZEN movie does this quite well (see Astrogirl #1 for reference).

Now I know that this won't get a story very far if the superheroine is never challenged so I understand having to 'weaken' her somewhat in order to move the story along. However, in my opinion, this should not devolve into a 30-45 minute peril fest involving rape and torture like most "peril" fans seem to prefer.

I understand that your goal is to make a buck and the "peril" genre seems to have a much wider audience than us "power" people. Indeed, that is why most producers go that route. However, I believe that we are more loyal and will support quality material if it is offered.

Good luck in the future!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395

More
14 Mar 2012 00:51 #26560 by jnw550
Replied by jnw550 on topic Re: Stormy Tempest Season 2
One of the biggest reasons I haven't really purchased any of these movies is because of the lack of super girl content. Visually, they look great, and I'm sure the action is pretty well done. The girls are beautiful, as well.

Conflict is what's at the core of any story, but that doesn't mean the girl can't be hugely powerful. It's done with Superman all the time. Plus, what fun is being superhuman if you can't a little run at a bad guy's expense. They deserve it anyway.

Lastly, the audience is bigger than you might expect, the bigger hurdle is our pocket books. I lvoe buying content, but I'm very selective. I don't even always purchase PSW's stuff if I don't see something worth my while in the previews.

Regardless, I wish the best for you guys and hope that one of these times we can get a little fan service. ;)

More
14 Mar 2012 00:59 #26561 by accomics
Thanks for chiming in jdrock24!

We've been making superheroine comic books for over 30 years...Femforce, Ms. Victory, Yankee Girl, etc... There will be no rape in our films I can assure you. You're more likely to see the THREAT of torture rather than ACTUAL torture. Action and combat is always good, but pointless violence is just... uh, pointless! :)

I don't think our goal is to "make a buck" so much as it is not to LOOSE a buck. We just really enjoy making films and working with other artists and performers! We have many, many characters to bring to life and many decades worth of STORIES we want to tell, which will require many, many films and an audience that wants to watch them.

• accomics
More
14 Mar 2012 01:38 - 14 Mar 2012 01:44 #26563 by accomics
@ jnw550

Your perception is what we are trying most to overcome I think. Prior to discovering SWM, we thought we already WERE making super girl films!

We have Stormy Tempest beating up 5 bad guys in her first film (3 at once during the finale), then taking out a formidable (but charming) bounty hunter at the end of a long two-sided battle in her second film. We have a scrappy Nyoka the Jungle Girl duking it out with every henchman thrown in her path (except for the ones taken out by the gorilla). We have the Blue Bulleteer stopping a thief, a catburglar, a criminal mastermind and his henchmen. We then have an unarmed Blue Bulleter surviving against more powerful opponents and then transforming into Nightveil, thus becoming more powerful than both of her enemies. We have Yankee Girl defeating a giantess. We have the Angel Avengers beating up every thug that crosses thier path.

Imagine our surprise when we discover SWM and learn that... none of that counts! :)

The devil is in the details I suppose. So we've come here to learn more about exactly what those details and expectations are. More traditional displays of physical strength seem to be one of our obvious missing ingredients so far.

Thanks for speaking up!
Last edit: 14 Mar 2012 01:44 by accomics.

• accomics
More
14 Mar 2012 03:19 #26565 by fats
Replied by fats on topic Re: Stormy Tempest Season 2
i was going to write a huge reply extolling the virtues of new content but instead all i will say is that it's bloody nice to see new stuff.

Fats

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
14 Mar 2012 03:48 #26567 by jnw550
They certainly are super girls! All that is superhuman, no doubt. I grew up on Wonder Woman and The Bionic Woman, and feel I speak for the rest when we say that's really the kind of thing we'd like to see. Bending guns, moving cars, etc. I'll never forget the scene in one WW episode when WW held a car in place with her lasso. She holding the lasso with her FINGERS! Awesome.

Just so you know, if you ever get anyone in that Ms. Victory costume I'm sold. Ms. Victory, both versions, were always a top five for me. Remember when she took on a whole super team by herself and won? That was amazing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, steelknight3000, Albais

More
14 Mar 2012 10:41 #26576 by mercblue22
Replied by mercblue22 on topic Re: Stormy Tempest Season 2
Hello everyone,
First off, thanks top lfan for letting me know this topic was up and running here. I have been a BIG Superheroine fan for 30 years now, and for me, its always been about empowering them, (not submitting/depowering/peril or humilation)

To me, a Superheroine needs 3 things, 1) to look/feel powerful 2) to have a secret ID 3) and to be able to stand on her own. As a long time reader of AC's Femforce, I really enjoy their All-Female Superhero team as there is a little of something there for everyone. Of course, my favorite is definitely, Ms Victory/Joan Wayne because she looks incredible in costume, and used to have a secret ID. That has always been a plus for me, because it means the woman must juggle two lives and keep them seperate from each other. For a while, Joane did that, but eventually lost her ability to rvert back to her normal guise. Femforce had other great Superheroines w/ secret IDs such as Dragonfly, Nightveil, Blue Bulletteer, etc, but Ms. V has always been my favorite. (I miss her secret ID life guys!)

Now, I think that a Superheroine movie should be about her, of course. That means with an origin chapter and how she handles her new superpowers. I don't like when I type Superheroine in Google and all that comes up are garbage peril sites humiliating them and stuff. Yea, some people like that sort of thing, I do not, it shows the viewer that the Superheroine cannot handle herself in battle against a normal villain. Empowerment guys, thats what SWM is all about.

Personally, I like all kinds of Superheroines, but my favorites are the ones that wield magical artifacts, that transform the shy college girl/schoolteacher who has a ancient sword/axe/weapon, that transforms them into a powerful warrior-woman. Valkyrie, Red Sonja come to mind, that what always was missing from Femforce in my opinion. I hope they would add such a character to their roster in time, those are my all-time favorite Superheroines. :)

Thanks!

Fonzie
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, Sarge395

More
14 Mar 2012 12:12 #26577 by Lulu
Replied by Lulu on topic Re: Stormy Tempest Season 2
My personal reason, I rarly buy movies like this, is actually the same as Jnw550. Even if a girl is invincible you can make a great story about her though, without letting her getting in some peril or torturing situation. A lot of actual superheroines movies are doing this, so I have became a bit mistrustful about this.

I would like to see more movies concentrating mainly on strenght feats, seeing the girls enjoying her powers and opponents who are unsuccessful trying to deal with them. Of course doesn't this mean there could be no opponent able to beat or stop her, but the movie should not turn to concentrate on torturing scences afterwards.

Of course a good plot is necessary for a good story/movie, but I would love to see more videos focusing on strength feats, so its not important to write a oscar-nominated script. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395

More
14 Mar 2012 14:47 #26579 by Sarge395
www.superheroinefilms.com/

I've purchased every video on SuperheroineFilms.com and SuperheroinePeril.com

The Peril sight really isn't that much peril which is why I like those videos as well. Hardcore lesbian sex on the peril sight. Gorgeous girls, hot costumes, not much SFX sadly on the peril sight.

No updates in a long time sad to say.

• Sarge395
More
14 Mar 2012 16:53 #26581 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Re: Stormy Tempest Season 2
Well, I'm posting my thoughts here, but I have to be honest I never bought any of these movies, so my comments might be unfair.

The biggest problem with a superheroine movie/comic/story is that it's not about the "whats", but the "hows". In my opinion isn't important what the character does on screen, but rather how. A simple sttrength feat scene might be fine, but it's the attitude that makes it great. I'm not talking about simple smug superiority, but rather the feeling of empowerment that comes from doing something absurdly difficult, even impossible.
Admitedly this create a problem, having a good challenge for the titular character. Having a 30 minutes scene of absolute superiority is fun, but can't last long. Without a real challenge the story has no pathos. In this sense I hope to watch a Ms Victory vs Rad video one day.

More
14 Mar 2012 20:53 #26582 by Albais
Replied by Albais on topic Re: Stormy Tempest Season 2
Ok my time for a little thought here bout main question.

What could be my idea of a perfect superheroine movie? Some here has been telling things that agree with like the Secret ID or a interesting plot that could contain what genre fans we expect.

For "Peril" well, not telling that char became always invincible and totally overpowered in front of villain/s but for sure not agree with the stuff that cames from GIGA or ZEN, not right thing for the content as also for respect that any kinda person deserves.

So the middle point where can we go?: Comics themselves, that's the perfect idea of how can be done as i personally see it, and after all ACComics got a lot of experience in this as is just what they mostly do.

Let's say that our girls/s can stop baddies plain but they can't arrest it so they have a chance to come back or they find a little trouble in do it but at end finally can done what's right but in the right measure, not too few but also not too much.

Probably would think more or less in PSW for the right example as others they have did cuz Random seems to have the right touch of how have to be done and would be a good path to follow.

And as been said here this is not for money if not wriong but if the product fits the loyalty would be absolutely sure from our members at least as personally would like to believe...

So til here what have to speak, thanks for let us explain about what we would like, grats for those years terrific job and good luck with the next ideas.

Take care and goodbye.

More
15 Mar 2012 02:18 - 15 Mar 2012 02:18 #26583 by accomics
Since a picture is worth a thousand words, here are 290 pictures at 30 frames per second (or 290,000 words!). This scene depicts Lacey Slater first realizing that her life has changed forever.

There is no other character that we want on film more than Ms. Victory, but it just isn't going to work unless we have the right actress... and so far we haven't found her. One of the purposes of the Angel Avengers series is to test drive new FX and actresses. It is very likely that you will first see a potential Ms. Victory candidate as an Angel Avenger. AA could also either morph into an ubergirl series or stick with more traditional female combat. (We're still on the fence.)

Part of our original plan for this Stormy/Lacey project way back in 2010 was to use this as a test drive for our ability to do a Ms. Victory film. Ms. Victory will of course require lots of flying, so you'll be seeing a lot of that from Lacey also. You can be assured that if we ever find the right actress for Ms. Victory, we will pull out all of the stops.

"More feats of strength" still seems to be the prevailing request. We're in the early stages of planning another Stormy Tempest project for late April, so we'll try to incorporate more displays of strength into the script.

Thanks again for your comments and suggestions!
Last edit: 15 Mar 2012 02:18 by accomics.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, Sarge395, dave147, JKIJ, inactive, njae, fats, jnw550, Markiehoe

• accomics
More
15 Mar 2012 03:22 #26585 by djitters19
Replied by djitters19 on topic Re: Stormy Tempest Season 2
Looks great! Can't wait for the finished project!

More
15 Mar 2012 04:14 #26586 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic Re: Stormy Tempest Season 2
HOLY HANNAH! This looks fantastic. Love the hands on hips, looks so natural on her. :cheer:

More
15 Mar 2012 05:58 #26587 by jnw550
Now that's what I'm talking about!

More
15 Mar 2012 06:15 #26588 by lfan
I'd be willing to say, based on this, that I would definitely buy this release. Love Lacey's attitude....

ElF

More
15 Mar 2012 06:27 #26591 by Sarge395
Would prefer an AA video but either way it would be an instant purchase. Nice little clip :woohoo: . Thank you for the update.

• Sarge395
More
15 Mar 2012 06:54 #26593 by accomics
Thanks guys! You ain't seen nothin' yet.
Aliya is great. She may not be Ms. Victory, but she's an EXCELLENT Lacey Slater.

@lfan
I thought I had you at "zipping up white boots"! :)

If you were to ask me personally what "girl power" and "ubergirl-ism" is all about, I would say it's all about the ATTITUDE that ElF mentioned, rather than focusing on the powers and abilities. Maybe that's the source of our disconnect so far. ALL of our heroines (and the actresses that portray them) display attitude, moxy, courage, intelligence, perseverance and indominable will... therefore (to us) someone like the Blue Bulleteer qualifies as an "ubergirl" even though she can't pick anyone up with one arm. Despite being the underdog, I maintain that the Blue Bulleteer could find a way to kick Supergirl's ass.

At any rate, with Lacey you'll finally get the attitude AND the superpowers in the same package. And if this experiment works out, then we'll do it again!

I'm willing to take a closer look at the genre to tap into what you guys want to see, though I remain hopeful that I can also convince some of you to reconsider what makes a heroine "powerful" along the way. Exploring that theme is at the heart of Stormy Tempest Season 2 when viewed as one story. I think this will be even more apparent with this upcoming release.

Huh?!?! Say what?!?!? A "theme" in a fetish movie? And what's all this about a "plot"?!?! Are we making fetish movies? Shhh... Don't tell Bill Black's wife. :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: njae, Markiehoe

• accomics
More
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds