Amount

Three stories..sort of

16 Jul 2012 13:02 #27893 by shadar
Three stories..sort of was created by shadar
I've got three new stories in the works but don't have time to finish them all very quickly. Been working them in parallel and like them all, so I need some help deciding.

I've decided to post all three here and let you guys let me know which one you'd most like to see me try to finish first.

First Wife (a surprise character)
velorian.net/first_wife.pdf

Caitlan Fairchild
velorian.net/caitlan.pdf

Geneve
velorian.net/geneve.pdf

Anyway, let me know if you feel like giving them a read.

Shadar
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, kobarsos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• shadar
  • shadar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
16 Jul 2012 19:07 #27896 by kshoo
Replied by kshoo on topic Three stories..sort of
I had a quick browse through, and here's my preference in the following order:
1) Geneve (because SG rules!)
2) First Wive (agree that it IS a surprising character)
3) Caitlan Fairchild.

More
17 Jul 2012 01:20 #27899 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Three stories..sort of
I personally liked Caitlin the best, FWIW....

ElF

More
17 Jul 2012 05:37 - 17 Jul 2012 05:38 #27900 by somat
Replied by somat on topic Three stories..sort of
To me:

1.)First Wife
2.)Caitlin
3.)Geneve

First Wife and Caitlin are on the same level- regarding as how much I liked both introductions.

somat
Last edit: 17 Jul 2012 05:38 by somat.

More
17 Jul 2012 06:11 #27901 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic Three stories..sort of
First Wife is tied for #2 for me – I must know more about Charity and how she will play into this – she’s clearly smarter than she lets on maybe there is more to her. Questions must be answered – where is the man of steel? How will Misty “come out” at this media event? Will someone have to stop her - will she find her own way?

Also tied for #2 is Caitlan - I’m enjoying the limited power – “not just another” SG story. I loved the boulder insertion idea for a non-flying near invulnerable super. The fight is just about to start! We must know more!

Geneve is #1. I love the concept of messing with SG’s mind and teasing/taunting all those around Geneve. Straight power isn’t enough – it’s going to take will power to control Geneve too – and I like that angle. SG might even have to turn around and save these Somalies from her. SG ignored by me while holding a 30ton bus overhead – not likely. I think there is a gem possible here – don’t take the easy over sexualized route out if you finish this one – I get the feeling there is a creative resolution to the challenge in mind.

More
17 Jul 2012 09:01 #27902 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Three stories..sort of
Jeeez... You guys are making it hard. Maybe I've got to finish all three. I'll get back to writing in a couple of days. Maybe by then I can decide where to start.

I really appreciate the more in depth comments. That always helps me see the story more clearly.

Any other votes?

Shadar

• shadar
  • shadar's Avatar Topic Author
More
18 Jul 2012 05:26 #27906 by somat
Replied by somat on topic Three stories..sort of
The wife story seems to be the best, also to yourself, so my recommendation is, let her have her triumphs by lifting something unearthly heavy, but also let her have some kind of downfall(Darkseid could restrain her?!) She's as good as she's not- she doesn't have to be necessarily a caretaker- she maybe wants to think of herself as beeing someone who does what she does for the good of the sake but as reader could tell she isn't really wired that way. The first drawings of this character remind me of the one which is shown in "the high cruel years"- the vigilante protector.

More
20 Jul 2012 04:59 #27917 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Three stories..sort of
I didn't have time to read them (busy week), but I will.

• Woodclaw
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds