Amount

Scarlet Scorpion 01 available now!

20 Oct 2013 20:54 #33659 by SHTL
thank yu for the quick reply but just tell ALL US WHEN WILL BE POSTED PART 2 ......

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Oct 2013 20:57 #33660 by SHTL
PLEASE OF COURSE AND APPROSSIMATIVELY I WELL KNOW NOW IS IMPOSSIBILE TO SAY THE RIGHT PERFECT DATE

More
20 Oct 2013 21:01 #33661 by accomics
Soon!!!

... but if you visit our site you'll see that I don't really know what that word means. ;)

• accomics
  • accomics's Avatar Topic Author
More
21 Oct 2013 01:38 #33666 by lfan
A job well done witht he Scarlet Scorpion! Showing her some home page love with my comments and review. In short, go buy and support it!

ElF

More
21 Oct 2013 02:31 #33667 by accomics
Hi ElF,

Bill Black created and published Scarlet Scorpion's alien suit back in 1965. Maybe the creators of Greatest American Hero and Venom read Paragon Publications. :laugh:

Thanks for the great review! We agree... Cat is the cat's meow!

AC

• accomics
More
21 Oct 2013 03:33 #33671 by AlbertC
Hi folks!

Great movie, hope to see more on part 2!!!!

More
21 Oct 2013 04:06 - 21 Oct 2013 04:07 #33672 by mpcomics
Good things come to those that wait. I’ve been looking forward to the Scarlet Scorpion video. Let’s hope Cult Retro produces more than 2 episodes. Episode 1, while not full of action, has great superheroine strength scenes, and Cat LoCicero is awesome… beautiful, believable, and plays the role well. And Cult Retro production values are top notch. Great job guys!

Thanks Cult Retro. Looking forward to Episode 2!

mpcomics
Last edit: 21 Oct 2013 04:07 by mpcomics.

More
21 Oct 2013 04:46 #33673 by accomics
Thanks!

There is definitely more action coming up in Part 2 and in all of our future Stormy Tempest releases.

We decided to slow things down a bit for this one to develop Cat's personality. Hopefully the effort in establishing her character pays off and adds more weight to her future adventures.

If you want to see more of Cat you can also check out her work in this free short film we released awhile back.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Markiehoe

• accomics
More
22 Oct 2013 17:30 #33707 by dave147
just to let u know I watched it was great and i cant wait to see part two when comes out so thanks

More
22 Oct 2013 18:38 #33708 by kikass
Replied by kikass on topic Scarlet Scorpion 01 available now!
Bought it, Loved it :) Good characters and developing narrative. And at $10 a bargain for 27mins OO

Great work guys :)

Really looking forward to part 2 :cheer:

Peace.

/K

More
23 Oct 2013 03:20 #33719 by Jabbrwock
Replied by Jabbrwock on topic Scarlet Scorpion 01 available now!
Well, this was the first Cult Retro video I bought, and it was well worth it. Looking forward to the next episode.

More
23 Oct 2013 05:46 #33722 by dauntingmold
Replied by dauntingmold on topic Scarlet Scorpion 01 available now!
Great job on developing Cat's character, really enjoyed this one, and looking forward to part 2. Here's hoping it's a success so we can get to see more Scarlet Scorpion in the future :)

More
24 Oct 2013 07:13 #33759 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Scarlet Scorpion 01 available now!
A Review

This is the thing about superhero movies. Its easy to say to say "Wow its the superstrength" wow in "this scene she lifted that" or the more generic "wow look at this explosion"

But not really.

The fun part about superhero movies is-well just the stuff around it. The scenes where people discover what they can do, and we doscover who they are. Scientist decry how people said they where mad'. Its a story, a film.its the little momments in between that create something..

Scarlet Scorpian gets that.

this is the first Club Retro movie i have seen but it legtimeatly fun little short subject. It manages to create a fairly compelling character-well two really. It finds little momments-fetish convention shots,robots shooting dogs, cans of spagetti, several broken doors-it finds jokes.

Which is one of the things i really liked. This is kind of a comedy. Its not the funniest 20 minutes i have seen-even this week, it sucseeds pretty often- i did laugh a bit in it-theres the distinct impression that it knows exactly how silly it kind of is and is kind of trying for and revels in it. Whats more its a lighted humor-there is no anger, just a kind of joy of discovery-its a silly vaugely Venomeseque discovery but its tounge is so far in its cheek-that itself becomes funny. This is comedy less of laughter but of good spirits.

Which is well done. Cat Locreico gives a good performance- even mostly acting with a bag she does it. She does the rare trick of acting straightman to herself. Of realizing what kind of story shes in, but going through it-its not like she has much of a choice. Her arc is well..Fun. AC Comics=Good girl art , but she does a good job of embodying the archetype- of being someone who is innocent and sweet-but doesn't seem fake. She doesn't have atttiutde, or is a strong indipendent woman-but still she seems. Game is the word i keep coming back to. Shes an ass kicker, but she seems human which in a superhero movie is sometimes the most important thing.

But that's ignoring Robert Solilen. And how can you? He does not chew but does t one point swallow the scenery. He only has one scene but those 4 minutes are one of the best i have seen in awhile.His monlouge with a boxing glove-feels straight out of a comicbook- i mean straight if you told me you cut it and pasted i would belive you. But that works. It is a great litle scene of anguish of sorrow of declemation. There is an old line that musicals are the purset form of acting as you sing what you feel. He just solliqued and it was music.

That kind of dialogue choice worked-because it mostly felt like a comic book-that scene in particular if you told me that you where trying to make a 40s serial i would belive you-which where really based on the source. It felt like from beggining to end like a comic book and i loved it for it. this was pulp exposed to its root- and what glorious roots it was.

As i have said before- i know people who work For Asylum, who have worked on Sharknado and Megashark Vs. Giant Octupus. And while they seem to have higher budget then this even- their not as good. This has legtimate spirit to it, legetimate people trying in it which i haven't seen in the movies i have known(exception: Bruce Boxlinger in Transmorphers 2-he isn't good, but hes so not bad his relaxed charisma kind of makes the rest of the movie seem even worse). Theres a tiredness to those movies-theres none of that here. This has a energy and passion and it maybe acouple of people in a hotel making a movie but it feels like something.

Yes the budget is obvious.The fading to black after each scene got a bit distracting. And it could have been edited tighter-but that loosness did work for it. It exists. There is a sence of mis ensense, and i am glad for it.

Because in the end it seems to realize something-that the asylums of the world-or to a degree evne the warner brothers or disneys sometimes forget-especially when dealing with super-heroines but sometimes anything. Its not fake weakness or fake attitude that makes strength. Its humanity. You could connect more to Scarlet Scorpion then say the Black Widdow, because no matter how stylized the story, no matter how cheezy the lines-you could see her joy, her delight, her fear, her power underneath it all.

And in any movie-let alone a superhero movie that is worth commending.

More
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds