Amount

Rest in Peace The Magic Girls Saga

23 Dec 2012 19:43 #29796 by Camille Jones
Rest in Peace The Magic Girls Saga was created by Camille Jones
tmgsaga.com/

I just went on and it says that the site is permanently closed.

:(

Though some of the stories were pretty intense for me, I am going to miss this website. It offered very high quality works of fiction and literature, and I had a few personal favorite characters, namely Cindy.

You'd think that superspeed would make me more punctual, huh?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Camille Jones
  • Camille Jones's Avatar Topic Author
More
23 Dec 2012 22:35 #29804 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Rest in Peace The Magic Girls Saga
OUCH!

This is quite abrupt.

I know that TMGSaga hasn't shown up in month or so on this site, but what happened?

Does any of you guys know what is going on?

More
23 Dec 2012 22:58 #29805 by ChaozCloud
Replied by ChaozCloud on topic Rest in Peace The Magic Girls Saga
Maybe it's possible to get permission to host some of the stories on this site? Would be a shame to have them gone forever.

More
23 Dec 2012 23:50 #29807 by CavemanNinjaJoe
Replied by CavemanNinjaJoe on topic Rest in Peace The Magic Girls Saga
@Anon
I don't have the behind the scenes details, but from what I saw happening on the site in the last month or so it seems they simply weren't making enough money to continue running it.

There was a sparsity of new content posted since mid-November - a long drought for a site that usually updated every couple of days. About two-three weeks ago they posted a message asking visitors to the site to try and find more customers for them (or words to that effect). Then about a week and a half ago they replaced that 'token' purchasing system they had with some decidedly NSFW advertisements on the page, and now it's vanished entirely.

:(

@ChaozCloud
I'm not sure about hosting the stuff here, but if you check the page Camille linked to it seems you can request the stories as a PDF until the end of next month.

More
24 Dec 2012 00:07 #29808 by jclaw333
Replied by jclaw333 on topic Rest in Peace The Magic Girls Saga
I kept in some contact with them and not going into a lot of the personal details of what happened, it turned out that after some hardships paypal suspended their account. Maybe because of the nature of the site, but I am not sure of that. They then had decided to try and advertise to get some revenue that way, but that didn't work. They decided to make it a free site and I don't think they were getting enough traffic to continue the site so they closed it permanently. It is a real shame considering how fun the stories were and how the entire concept was so well thought out and it actually seemed like the saga had an idea of where it was going. They will be missed.

More
24 Dec 2012 06:14 #29816 by willow
Replied by willow on topic Rest in Peace The Magic Girls Saga
Unfortunately, people would call this a very niche market so making a profit is slim at best. Best case scenario, you break even or earn some money to pay for a dinner or two out each month. Too bad about the site, but their website was pretty fancy compared to many other similar websites. Unless they were updating the graphics themselves, that could easily have eaten into their funds to keep the site going.

More
24 Jan 2013 00:40 #30232 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Rest in Peace The Magic Girls Saga

This video would have been perfect for the site.

Dangit, I had unused tokens!

• Sarge395
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds