Amount

Superheroine Pinterest

07 Apr 2013 11:51 #31007 by JonX
Superheroine Pinterest was created by JonX
Hey, not sure if this will be of any interest to anyone, but the other day I launched a new feature on Superheroines.net.

My ultimate goal is to collate the images (or links to images) for every girl that has ever dressed up in a superheroine costume. So the other day I launched:

social.superheroines.net

This is the perfect solution, but I think its on the right direction. I write a post on my blog about this at www.superheroines.net/blog/2013/04/superheroine-pinterest/ saying that I really want other publishers to post and promote their websites and work. i.e. people like ProjectSuperwoman, Heroine Legends, The Steeles, etc are all welcome to post promo material.

Quick preview:

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JonX
  • JonX's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 Apr 2013 09:48 #31061 by JonX
Replied by JonX on topic Superheroine Pinterest
I'm guessing that no one is interested :(

Oh well.
I thought it may have been a good idea.
I'll keep adding to it - hope that you guys may take the time to join me?

Jon

• JonX
  • JonX's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 Apr 2013 14:10 #31063 by Esteban
Replied by Esteban on topic Superheroine Pinterest
I think it's a nice idea in general, but I see a few problems. Although I like sites like tumblr and pinterest, I think that this isn't the best format for a picture database for supergirls.
Concerning supergirl content, there's simply not nearly as much content published each day as for normal "hotgirl tumblrs". So this database won't be vibrant with exciting new stuff in short intervals. Still, the actual absolute amount of available content is quite large. So, a website for a supergirl pic database thats actually big but doesn't grow fast, thus is rather static, would profit from categories. The costume/character alone would be a good start. Of course hot women in superhero costumes are cool, but maybe someone wants to see everything the internet has to offer about Wonder Woman and doesn't care about Supergirl.

Also, I guess that publishers who have their own web stores, deviantart accounts or whatever, wouldn't post much more than the preview images that they already have available on their own websites.
And as a last point I'd say that there are already too many projects along the lines of "let's centralize all the superheroine content on the web" that have failed. So many inactive yahoo groups etc.... I mean, it's a nice idea and I'd like to see it succeed. But I understand that there aren't many people who are willing to make the effort.

More
Time to create page: 0.045 seconds