Amount

Tales of an 'Mazing Girl Blog

05 Aug 2013 21:49 - 05 Aug 2013 21:50 #32581 by castor
Tales of an 'Mazing Girl Blog was created by castor
Hey, I want to give another shoutout to Mazing Girl Blog.

www.talesofanmazingirl.blogspot.com

To all of the story fans i am hopping you can share it your fans-and your friends and your friends friends but not your friends friends friends(that's to much to ask). I am trying to build word of mouth and fandom for the site and the series about the Nerdy Supergirl.

Use Facebook

Use google +

Use redit.

Tweet it.

Caress it.

Stumble upon it.

Touch it if you dare.

While largely all the stories appear on this site as well i am Working on adding blog specific content-and also a new and potentially very exciting feature to the universe. How exciting, how new. Its secret!

But checkout the blog. I think at least its a fun, not to offensive tale of a supergirl in a realistic word who wants to gets by. Nothing you can't show your mother. Well yeah i am getting to the stuff you can't show your mother, but nothing that couldn't see on HBO

Thanks again for helping,

Castor

PS any idea how to publicize it i will be very grateful for.
Last edit: 05 Aug 2013 21:50 by castor.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• castor
  • castor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
06 Aug 2013 10:17 - 06 Aug 2013 10:21 #32586 by d_k_c
Replied by d_k_c on topic Tales of an 'Mazing Girl Blog
Pump the brakes there Junior :unsure:
Last edit: 06 Aug 2013 10:21 by d_k_c.

More
07 Aug 2013 01:24 #32590 by Dru1076
Replied by Dru1076 on topic Tales of an 'Mazing Girl Blog

d_k_c wrote: Pump the brakes there Junior :unsure:

Disapointing...

More
07 Aug 2013 05:56 #32595 by njae
Replied by njae on topic Tales of an 'Mazing Girl Blog
Someone's got quite the word output here and it makes me feel like the amateur I am.

I feel compelled to mention the "no publishing during the workshop" rule that will apply once the workshop voting starts as I am a bit scared about the amount of stories that will have piled up until the voting ends.

• njae
  • Away
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
07 Aug 2013 06:21 #32597 by Dru1076
There's a 'no publishing during the workshop' rule? I was unaware of that...and am curious as to why this is....?

More
07 Aug 2013 06:37 #32598 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Tales of an 'Mazing Girl Blog
Ahh i enjoy writing And the 'Mazing girl stuff is really enjoyable. I'm not sure its four square on the sites theme sometimes but it is fun to play with a competent comedy superhoine, and i hope people like it.

And On Friday and next tuesday on the blog will be a couple more mazing girl stories, as a timed exclusive:).

And vote for my entry in the contest, which despite njaes ascertion is actually really really short in the word count department.

• castor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
07 Aug 2013 07:40 #32599 by njae
Replied by njae on topic Tales of an 'Mazing Girl Blog

Dru1076 wrote: There's a 'no publishing during the workshop' rule? I was unaware of that...and am curious as to why this is....?

It's quite normal to not be aware of this rule until you are affected by it since it's more of an internal rule. In my case it was the Fall 2011 workshop when I was told that my submission would have to wait another week till publication.

As for why the rule exists, it's in order to give the workshop entries the time in the spotlight so that readers can focus on them with feedback and the votes. The last workshop was a great demonstration since this rule wasn't applied and subsequently we had a total of 15 comments to stories during the poll period: 3 for stories submitted before the workshop and 12 for the exceptions of said rule. Feel free to do the math to see how many comments the seven workshop entries received.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dru1076

• njae
  • Away
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
18 Aug 2013 03:42 #32715 by Dru1076
Seeing as Castor was kind enough to steer people toward Joe over at Diana's for me, literally minutes before the story appeared in the library here, the very least I can do is steer you toward his latest blog update. Go read it...it shows all the things I like about Castor's stories.

More
27 Aug 2013 07:01 #32794 by castor
Didn't want to bring this up in the contest but the last two weeks i have posted four new stories to the Tales of an Mazing Girl Blog.

www.talesofanmazingirl.blogspot.com

I am going to be posting him here in my typical twice a week function, and adding 1 a week until we get back in track. but if you want to look now you can:

We have

Tales of An Mazing Guy- talesofanmazingirl.blogspot.com/2013/08/...s-of-mazing-guy.html In which mazing girl gives a high flying tour of the city to a lucky fellow.

Hi Ho Silver Away-http://talesofanmazingirl.blogspot.com/2013/08/hi-ho-silver-away.html in which mazing girl has to surivie a group of international thieves lead by the mysterous Anon on what was already a pretty crappy trip to Vegas.

Demi Cups of Justice!- talesofanmazingirl.blogspot.com/2013/08/...ups-of-justice.html- Mazing girl is on her date when she needs to be two places at once. Unfortunitly only of them features her wearing proper Undergarment Support.

Vs. Lex Luthor- talesofanmazingirl.blogspot.com/2013/08/vs-lex-luthor.html- Who is the mysterious Lex Luthor terroizing the city? What is in his mysterious box? is it the end of mazing girl? Is this all properly cleared vis a vie Copyright infringment? Find out.

Also i did a bit of a redesign of the page itself, and did a first proper Logo for the site. Take a look.

and congrats on the contest.

Castor

• castor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
03 Sep 2013 04:42 #32860 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Tales of an 'Mazing Girl Blog: Request
This is an odd request but i thought i would make it to the group.

i was wondering if anyone would be intrested in writing a Mazing Girl fan fiction story.

i am writing a chapter which is all about Mazing Girl story, where she reads a mazing girl story on the internet and then comments on it-the fan fiction would weave into the narrative.

i was thinking of doing it myself but realized it would be funner if it was someones other voice and writing style doing it

It doesn't have to be long 1000-2000 words. If you want it could just be snatches from it, but it would be helpful if it has a beggining middle and the End.

bonus points for erotic or silly. I am open to anything unless its about mazing girl reading fan fiction. that would get a little to meta.

Castor

• castor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
21 Sep 2013 04:14 #33133 by castor
just wanted to Say i am not posting an Mazing girl Story today, as in the last ocuple of days i have posted two non mazing girl stories- Lindsay and Daylight. Will post more next week till the blog is in line-then i am most likely going to a one a week schedule.

In the meantime feel free to check out Tales of An 'Mazing Girl- the blog!!! at www.talesofanmazingirl.blogspot.com. Its full of bloggy goodness, with several stories not yet published yet. Learn of the Weirder spreadsheets of Love! Zen and the art of Negotiating with Pyschos! and many more!

(actually just one more-about the importance of proper hygenine)

I always encourage people to share it with your friends. One of the goals of the story series is in all seriousness to make a story that just didn't appeal to fans of the genre-to find a kind of universal story about living and trying to make a diffrence, and be possitve about the stuff you can. Its not just about sex and violence-and some have critiqued it for its lack of it-but finding a rich life of a character, and to celbrate her.

Share it on facebook-don't be Ashamed of it. Its fun.

And if you don't SheHulk will come and find you and hunt you down.

Castor

• castor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds