Amount

What happened to these sites?

04 Sep 2013 19:42 #32871 by DanDud88
What happened to these sites? was created by DanDud88
I was wondering what happened to cause these sites to dry up.

Conceptfan
Julievelor (AK)
Jon X's superheroines.net

All the best sites seem to have gone by the by.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• DanDud88
  • DanDud88's Avatar Topic Author
More
05 Sep 2013 02:47 #32872 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic What happened to these sites?
I think it takes a lot of time to run a page and produce content. Especially when it's free it's still often thankless. People get new jobs, move, leave school, or have family changes that change their time and often don't have the heart to say it's over.

Conceptfan and Julievelor were huge losses. Julievelor in particular often wrote stories in the style and on topics I loved so that was a big loss to me.

More
05 Sep 2013 03:34 #32875 by d_k_c
Replied by d_k_c on topic What happened to these sites?
Agreed. Some of the best stories ever were written by these guys. Shame that they're gone,apparently indefinitely.

More
05 Sep 2013 05:23 #32879 by Dru1076
Replied by Dru1076 on topic What happened to these sites?
It is a real shame that these guys stopped writing. I hope that one day we'll see them return...but I'm not holding my breath. AK was certainly a major inspiration for me...there wouldn't have been a MobGirl if not for Superior Girl.

More
06 Sep 2013 02:08 - 06 Sep 2013 15:34 #32897 by Dru1076
I was thinkimg about writing a tribute to Ria...but thought I'd sound the idea out here first. If I did, I'd need help from Cf's fans on what would make a good Ria fanfic great.

But the biggest question is whether to do it or not at all. I'm not as good as Conceptfan...should I just leave the classic alone? My last foray into another writers universe was not so well received....
Last edit: 06 Sep 2013 15:34 by Dru1076. Reason: Noobness...

More
06 Sep 2013 02:15 #32898 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic What happened to these sites?
I think CF lurks here.

I say go for it.

• Sarge395
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
06 Sep 2013 13:12 #32904 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic What happened to these sites?

Sarge395 wrote: I think CF lurks here.

I say go for it.

This is accurate...

Elf

More
06 Sep 2013 15:30 #32907 by Dru1076
Well, if i was to go ahead i really would need input. I'm thinking of setting the story in the distant future...it would not be an attempted continuation.

I'm open to suggestions.

Perhaps a visit to a militant alien empire...

Maybe a visit from Prykton emisaries unaware of Ria's ownership of Earth.....

Or maybe Ria returns home to reconquer the Empire...

Or maybe I should mind my own damn business.

More
06 Sep 2013 15:43 - 06 Sep 2013 15:51 #32909 by castor
Replied by castor on topic What happened to these sites?

Dru1076 wrote: Well, if i was to go ahead i really would need input. I'm thinking of setting the story in the distant future...it would not be an attempted continuation.

I'm open to suggestions.

Perhaps a visit to a militant alien empire...

Maybe a visit from Prykton emisaries unaware of Ria's ownership of Earth.....

Or maybe Ria returns home to reconquer the Empire...

Or maybe I should mind my own damn business.

Well if you set it in the distant future it could be intresting to see how the world changes.

The sequals to Dune where never all that great, but they did have a good idea of how someone taking over the galaxy whould change the galaxy.

World Queen +500 years could be an intresting idea.

What i did like about conceptfans story-they where never realistic, but they did have a relation to reality if that makes sence.
Last edit: 06 Sep 2013 15:51 by castor.

More
06 Sep 2013 23:03 #32920 by AlbertC
Replied by AlbertC on topic What happened to these sites?
These sites brings good memories to us, for me was a special time when I used to wait the updates in supersexyheroines.com on tuesdays and earlier I enjoyed to read the first stories with some emphasys on super breath feats in conceptfan.

But life goes on

More
07 Sep 2013 01:14 #32924 by ong76win2
Replied by ong76win2 on topic What happened to these sites?

Dru1076 wrote: I was thinkimg about writing a tribute to Ria...but thought I'd sound the idea out here first. If I did, I'd need help from Cf's fans on what would make a good Ria fanfic great.

But the biggest question is whether to do it or not at all. I'm not as good as Conceptfan...should I just leave the classic alone? My last foray into another writers universe was not so well received....

I think Conceptfan is lurking around here. If you want, go for it Dru.

More
07 Sep 2013 09:58 #32926 by SCOTT R
Replied by SCOTT R on topic What happened to these sites?
Yeah, go for it Dru. I hope you throw in some supermind powers like you do in your other stories.

More
09 Sep 2013 00:54 #32948 by Dru1076
After giving it some serious thought, I've changed my mind about delving into Conceptfan's universe. Yes, I would enjoy writing it, but it's not my place. I have to assume Cf had reasons for pulling the pin, and I guess I should respect his choice. The only way I'd go ahead is if I had some sort of approval from the man himself...which I think most unlikely.

Thanks anyway to those who offered encouragement, Sorry guys.....

More
09 Sep 2013 09:33 #32951 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic What happened to these sites?

Dru1076 wrote: After giving it some serious thought, I've changed my mind about delving into Conceptfan's universe. Yes, I would enjoy writing it, but it's not my place. I have to assume Cf had reasons for pulling the pin, and I guess I should respect his choice. The only way I'd go ahead is if I had some sort of approval from the man himself...which I think most unlikely.

Thanks anyway to those who offered encouragement, Sorry guys.....

Well, maybe you can try to contact him through his revamped website , I'm not sure if you can really get CF to respond, but so far it's your best shot.

As for JulieVelor/AK, he's still around the net, but he doesn't seem to be into the genre anymore. I'm not sure if he will be interested to return to this community or not. Is there anyone around here that knew him well enough to contact him?

More
13 Sep 2013 02:37 #33002 by brantley
Replied by brantley on topic What happened to these sites?
I put up a link to the Wayback Machine archive of Julie of Velor at The Bright Empire:

web.archive.org/web/20080216121115/http:....infinitybridge.com/

I gather AK has put up a few new stories in the last year or so an a URL he used to use for the site,but without bringing back the entire site.

As for Conceptfan and JonX, they seem to be gone with the wind.

--Brantley

More
13 Sep 2013 03:48 #33003 by Dru1076
I'm pleased to hear that AK is still out there. I had been under the false impression that he'd passed away...but I think I confused him with another dude. Sometimes its good to be wrong.

More
28 Sep 2013 00:19 #33213 by jclaw333
Replied by jclaw333 on topic What happened to these sites?
Dru,

I can see why you wouldn't want to use some of Conceptfan's characters. Would you ever consider maybe taking a page from his book and starting a blog. I would suggest maybe using his blogger character if you wanted but I don't think you would want to. Maybe you might want to use one of your old characters. Maybe Emily from Mob Girl as she goes through time or my personal favorite Sarah from Stealing from a Thief (I so wish you would continue her story) as she gives herself new powers and goes about taking over the world. You could also make up a new character as she evolves from mortal to supergirl to goddess and has fun using her powers. Might be a fun way to keep your creative juices flowing. Of course selfishly it might be a good way to get one of the legends back to writing :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dru1076

More
28 Sep 2013 01:36 #33214 by Dru1076
I must admit, I have considered doing a blog in the past, but I don't have the time these days. Rest assured though, I do intend to rewrite the last chapter of Stealing and I've got maybe two more chapters in my head after that. But I've been meaning to do that for years...I just never get around to doing it.

Maybe that's what happened to these guys. Life has a way of getting complicated, Ive noticed, if you're not careful.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, Woodclaw

More
11 Jan 2024 09:21 - 11 Jan 2024 13:37 #77701 by guimachajo1
Replied by guimachajo1 on topic What happened to these sites?
perdonar. pero la pagina web INFINITY BRIDGE. ha desaparecido o caido. por lo qué creo que salvo lo contenido en Aurora universe altavista. todo lo demas se ha perdido inclusive la historia de Chacal. que era una de mis favoritas. me gustaba sobretodo el crossover con Aurora, ya que salia Feria.¿sabe alguien que ha pasado?[justify]

Forgive. but the INFINITY BRIDGE website. has disappeared or fallen.[/justify]so I think it except what is contained in Aurora universe altavista. Everything else has been lost, including the story of Jackal. which was one of my favorites. I especially liked the crossover with Aurora, since Feria was coming out.
Does anyone know what happened?

Last edit: 11 Jan 2024 13:37 by guimachajo1.

More
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds