Amount

ProjectSuperWoman & SuperMichaela: Power Reversal (2017)

30 Nov 2017 00:49 - 30 Nov 2017 01:03 #57371 by Random321
It's good to be back with a Project Super WomanSuper Michaela Video Update ! Michaela and I filmed "Power Reversal" back in 2012. It was the last in a series of shorts we shot in an epic weekend in Washington DC.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

When I finished editing this one I felt it was a little light on SFX so I added some cut scenes with F-16's swooping in and then later Michaela flying in and out of locations to beef it up to normal PSW standards. A few years ago I had already done a lot of the effects and I reworked them. Ironically the thing holding me up most was finding the motivation to get a recording of a new anchor done.

I for one love the final showdown between the Witch and Super Michaela but I'm a big power transfer/electricity channeling trope fan. I'm trying to figure out how to edit down to a tighter ship without loosing some of the "hang on that awesome lock bending scene" stuff we fans would also be looking for. It's a work in progress. If I can get through the next two shorts I already have shot from long ago my goal is to do a bit more story boarding before the day of shooting.

It's been a very rewarding four years - now after some growing, a job change, and some luck I'm hoping we'll get back to more regular updates. Will it be every month like long ago? Probably not. I'm shooting for every 2-3 months to keep things in balance - it's a good place to start anyway. In other good news - Michaela is eager to film again. If all goes well I'd love to do something in Spring/Summer 2018 with her. She's in the best shape of her life I think so it should be awesome. I'll also be looking for some fresh team members which would be fun.

I hope some of the old fans come back and I get to earn some new supporters. For longer term fans more familiar with Michaela - there is a fun blooper reel at the end - it still cracks me up - and we get to see how you have to watch your toes around someone with super powers - she's a genuine super compassionate article. The witch actress is also a genuine just tough it out kind of person too.

Super Michaela: Power Reversal
Last edit: 30 Nov 2017 01:03 by Random321.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, kshoo, fats, SCOTT R, five_red, Markiehoe, elnovo1234, CANNNNIS, Agent00Soul, kikass2014, AuGoose, cbrptc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Random321
  • Random321's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
30 Nov 2017 02:28 #57373 by ace191
I have seen the film along with the blooper reel and it is great. No peril in this production. It is great to have you back Random.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Random321

More
30 Nov 2017 02:29 #57374 by Markiehoe
We will get to see AZ Powergirl's movie part 2 sometime soon?

More
30 Nov 2017 06:37 #57380 by Random321
Hi Ace - Thank-you. I'm very glad you enjoyed the video.

Markiehoe - I was considering doing a pole on what I should do next. AZ PowerGirl, a SuperAshley video, or a new photo story with a new model.

I do have both AZ PG and SuperAshley pulled into Premier and I've started to figure out how to do a rough cut. I've got 40 minutes of AZPG footage to parse through. We were not as rushed as most of my shoots so we did a fair amount of retakes.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, Woodclaw, Ravens_ghost, SCOTT R, Markiehoe, elnovo1234, kikass2014, AuGoose

• Random321
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
30 Nov 2017 10:49 #57384 by Markiehoe
I vote AZ POWERGIRL!
:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Random321, SCOTT R

More
30 Nov 2017 12:10 #57386 by SHTL
Wellcome back Random, I will buy immediatly the new video as I always did in the the past with all the previous stuff :)

More
30 Nov 2017 12:13 #57388 by Markiehoe
I just watched the latest movie.

It is pretty fun.
Two thumbs up.
The jets were a nice touch.

More
30 Nov 2017 13:05 #57391 by kikass2014

I vote AZ POWERGIRL!
:)

I'm with you on that Markiehoe :) Powergirl gets my vote too :)

Nice to have you back Random :)

Peace.

/K
The following user(s) said Thank You: Random321, SCOTT R, Markiehoe

More
30 Nov 2017 15:28 #57393 by Agent00Soul
AZ Powergirl gets my vote

More
30 Nov 2017 19:22 #57408 by naimer
AZ powergirl! <3

More
01 Dec 2017 02:00 #57414 by ace191
In case Ashley is reading this, one vote for her.

More
02 Dec 2017 23:27 #57455 by mo
Woah! Great to have PSW BACk. Loved the movie which features some of the best camera work ever done in these movies imho.

Special effects and Michaela bang on point as always.

Can’t wait for the next one

More
03 Dec 2017 17:58 #57469 by Random321
All - AZ PG is in progress. Very rough edit is done - now for the FX. (See you in a month - Haha).

Ace I wouldn't worry about Ashley - she's confident and comes out to film because she seems to have fun. I for one am looking forward to editing that video.

Mo - Thanks for the nice comment. Camera work, audio mixing, and fight scene choreography is something I know I desperately need work on. The other day I went back and watched some pre 2012 stuff and cringed the whole time - post 2012 I thought "well that wasn't half bad" - but then promptly started researching video composition training. Constructive feedback, even on specific shots, is always welcome.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kshoo, Markiehoe, kikass2014

• Random321
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
03 Dec 2017 19:09 #57474 by kikass2014
Nice to hear Random :)

And ye, tbh, as a fellow creative (different field, though I do dabble in video from time to time), we gotta keep improving our techniques and looking to learn new ones :)

I look at some of my stuff from years back and think "Did I really draw that and think it was great????" :D

Peace.

/K

More
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds