Amount

New Project Super Woman Video (Nov 2018)

26 Nov 2018 23:05 #62147 by Random321
New Project Super Woman Video (Nov 2018) was created by Random321
Project Super Woman released a new video over the weekend!  Super Ashley Rescue is a video we filmed back in 2013 but very recently took up editing.  Momentum feels good.  This is a stand alone story like AZ Power Girl's Mind Power was before it.  I find Ashley to be a great actress and I love her presence as Mindy Marvel or any Super Woman.  The goal of the video was to include solid action with a cute little vignette of Super Ashley heading out of country.  R5 will have to forgive me:  at the time I didn't have such a sour taste about Ashley being an alter ego reporter as I do now.

I worked on paying attention to composition when I filmed this and also tried to add more 3D composition and simulation work to this.  While I try - it opens the door to "hey that looks fake" like I experience even in big budgets.  I'm curious if people think I should keep pushing it - or dial it back again and go with tried and true.  In this there wasn't much "interaction" with the 3D stuff but it opens the door as I gain experience to really fun super strength stuff in particular.

This one includes some drone footage I shot as an experiment.  I hinted about it back in July here: 
  You'll notice the Spark sitting in the lower right and Ashley footage on my right monitor.  I'm hoping this means more flying, hovering, and other creative ideas I have *rubs hands* in the future.

Other than some flying and hovering down to the ground - I've also got heat vision, fire walking, invulnerability, super zoom/xray vision, and a bit of fisticuffs..  There is a short take of Ashley bending open a heavy chain used by her alter ego's captors.  The video is over 8 minutes but didn't get split in two and is still at or normal price.

Check Super Ashley Rescue out! 

Thank-you as always for your support!  RFX

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, shadar, jyache, SCOTT R, five_red, Markiehoe, kikass2014, cristian01984

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Random321
  • Random321's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
27 Nov 2018 03:52 #62155 by ace191
Replied by ace191 on topic New Project Super Woman Video (Nov 2018)
I really enjoyed this video, but the truth is I would watch Ashley dressed as Supergirl moping the floor or painting a house for 8 minutes.  She is always terrific, and this video is no exception.  I especially liked the flying drone shots.  Well worth the wait.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mo, Random321

More
27 Nov 2018 13:25 #62162 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic New Project Super Woman Video (Nov 2018)
Purchased, downloaded and viewed!

I for one loved the special effects and the flying and the aircraft.
Maybe a fan on Supergirl's hair while she is flying and landing.

Could have done without the "Real World" personalities, countries and politics.
Keep it nebulous to a War on Terror and everyone can fill in the blanks as they see fit.

Keep it up!
The SFX will only get better.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395

More
27 Nov 2018 13:55 #62164 by kikass2014
Replied by kikass2014 on topic New Project Super Woman Video (Nov 2018)
Agree. Purchased, watched it and loved it :)

Really nice work with the FX, def. improving and like the fact that you are experimenting with new techniques :)

Its really hard to composite two separate shots together when they are tracking, without motion control cameras.  Much easier when they are static. But you will get better the more use to it you get for sure.

All in all, nice work.  Keep it up Random :)

Peace.

/K
The following user(s) said Thank You: smashed

More
27 Nov 2018 21:23 - 27 Nov 2018 21:24 #62174 by mo
So good to have you back Random and loved the movie.

Ashley in that costume makes for me one of my all time favourite Supergirls.

what I wouldn’t give to see her as SG in that costume in a super battle against a nuclear girl or Ursa-fied Michaela :-)
Last edit: 27 Nov 2018 21:24 by mo.

More
27 Nov 2018 22:56 #62177 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic New Project Super Woman Video (Nov 2018)
Ace: Only because you said it I might have to find a way to work in a Super Woman doing some mopping or painting as an intro to a short... ...PSW style.

Markiehoe: Agreed, I filmed this back in 2013 before I got an education on how much I like my real life and my heroine life separated. I like a modernized format/story but not so "real world" or pointing at specific people/groups. I was trying to show that Super Ashley is "wise to world wide issues and cultures" with the keffiyeh line but I had not kept it vague enough with that or the bag guy's "your own VP" line. Super wisdom/knowledge is a power I like - but it proved a hard line to walk.

kikass2014: There is a pan shot when the drone crashes into the mountain side that I just about jumped for joy when it turned out okay. When it was done I thought it was a lot of effort for a shot that didn't show anything "super" but it emboldened me for some other ideas.

Mo: Thanks, good to be back more often! "what I wouldn’t give to see her as SG in that costume in a super battle against a nuclear girl or Ursa-fied Michaela :-)" Hmm... ...maybe an idea for the spring. I wouldn't want to just re-make but maybe I can come up with something that stays true to the source. Open to ideas on that one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mo, Markiehoe, kikass2014

• Random321
  • Random321's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds