Amount

Costume Contest at Supersexyheroines.com

27 Apr 2007 01:14 #9102 by brantley
I wouldn’t normally campaign this way, but it appears as if there must be an organized campaign by partisans of the City of Heroes entry in the superheroine costume contest at supersexyheroines.com.

Chris Filippone’s design for Lexa Starr had taken a commanding lead early on – WITHOUT ANY CAMPAIGNING -- but the City of Heroes entry, which had few votes a month ago, has now attracted 70 votes, versus 88 for Lexa. I think Chris’ design is a better one. But I’ll let YOU be the judge.

If you’re a member of supersexyheroines.com and haven’t voted yet, go to the January blog archive and click on the heading for the Costume Contest post. That will take you to a display of all entries and the voting board. Vote for whichever design YOU think the best.

--Brantley Thompson Elkins

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• brantley
  • brantley's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
27 Apr 2007 13:58 #9106 by Albais
Well, seems is time to break the conspiracy theory. And sorry, there's no partisans campaign.

Only one person is behind that: ME. And not only because i'm a COH/V player too, another important reason i'm gonna explain.

www.supersexyheroines.com/competition/2007-january/index.php

As must see this is the vote link. Before Lexa was the actual winner first place was taken by Isis, something that didn't had to happen...

Because Jon told very clearly that have to be original designs and the egyptian godess don't fit with the norms here.

Note: Nothing to see with the DC comics and tv show character, she's the real one sended into our days. Is published by an independent company and last year they talked of made a movie for litle or big screen produced by Kelsey "Frasier" Grammer.

Must be noticed too that are another 2 made by Whitepaw, one with her name down pic and other's called Ambassador. Not sure if she has someting to see on all that history but those are the facts.

So after see that after 24 hours or less after put vote on u're able to do it again and again every day deciced to help Lexa to arrive at first place and now game lady to be second one. Can't agree to see at top the work of an artist posted from another by his-her beautiful face...

Now it's your turn reader go into the page and made your choice, but remember that at leas are 3 that don't deserve it.

The End.

More
27 Apr 2007 17:31 #9108 by brantley
Replied by brantley on topic Re: Costume Contest at Supersexyheroines.com
Let me get this straight: first you were pumping up the vote for Lexa, and then you started pumping it up for City of Heroes?

I doubt if JonX would be amused by this. I had assumed that his software was set up on a one-man, one-vote basis. If multiple votes are allowed, the contest is meaningless. There's probably no way to tell at this point what the REAL vote is.

No doubt it was a mistake to allow the Isis entry in the first place. But the proper response would have been to register a complaint with JonX. Too late for that now.

I hadn't checked on the voting for a couple of months, assuming that Chris' design would fare about as well as my stories have in the SGI contest. So I was surprised and delighted to see his Lexa Starr costume in the lead. Well, I can't say I'm delighted now.

• brantley
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
22 May 2007 12:08 #9373 by dauntingmold
Replied by dauntingmold on topic Re: Costume Contest at Supersexyheroines.com
I've only just read this thread and I can say I entered the City of Heroes costume design, its based on my character in the game, I have a character name and background for her. When I submitted it I asked if it was ok to submit a City of Heroes screen shot because I am no artist. I was told it was, thats the reason it has been entered under the name City of Heroes. I was under the impression it was a COSTUME competition not a character competition, so I did not tell either the background or name to JonX. I can assure you Brantley I have not campaigned to anyone to vote for this, unlike yourself, but at least someone else liked my design and thank you Albais for thinking it worthy to vote for.

More
23 May 2007 02:42 #9382 by brantley
Replied by brantley on topic Re: Costume Contest at Supersexyheroines.com

I've only just read this thread and I can say I entered the City of Heroes costume design, its based on my character in the game, I have a character name and background for her. When I submitted it I asked if it was ok to submit a City of Heroes screen shot because I am no artist. I was told it was, thats the reason it has been entered under the name City of Heroes. I was under the impression it was a COSTUME competition not a character competition, so I did not tell either the background or name to JonX. I can assure you Brantley I have not campaigned to anyone to vote for this, unlike yourself, but at least someone else liked my design and thank you Albais for thinking it worthy to vote for.

Well, I see CITY OF HEROES is way out in front now, so I presume Albais isn't the only one voting for your entry. And, based on your explanation, I certainly consider it a legtimate entry.

• brantley
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds