Amount

The Supergirl Sisters

17 Dec 2007 22:07 #11127 by Spulo
The Supergirl Sisters was created by Spulo
Like that Galaxy Quest thing, this is another story that sits in my mind but hasn't yet escaped onto the keyboard. And, like that, it's an 'homage' to something else - in this case Charmed.

Three sisters lose their mother when she passes away, and while cleaning out her house one of them finds a letter from her explaining that she was once the world's greatest heroine, Supergirl/Superwoman - and that up in the attic are three suits that will grant her daughters the same powers that she had once they put them on.

So, of course, they put them on.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Spulo
  • Spulo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
17 Dec 2007 22:29 #11128 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: The Supergirl Sisters
Spulo, I expect a full-length tale for the "TV Writers" topic you picked (to be announced soon as soon as I find the time) :P

ElF

Like that Galaxy Quest thing, this is another story that sits in my mind but hasn't yet escaped onto the keyboard. And, like that, it's an 'homage' to something else - in this case Charmed.

Three sisters lose their mother when she passes away, and while cleaning out her house one of them finds a letter from her explaining that she was once the world's greatest heroine, Supergirl/Superwoman - and that up in the attic are three suits that will grant her daughters the same powers that she had once they put them on.

So, of course, they put them on.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

More
18 Dec 2007 01:26 #11130 by argonaut
Replied by argonaut on topic Re: The Supergirl Sisters
As a twist, maybe the mother's super-powers get divided among the wearers of the three suits -- so that one of the sisters has, say, super-strength and heat vision, another has super-breath and the ability to fly, and the third has invulnerability and super-speed. (Just as each of the sisters on Charmed had her own special magical power.)

OR ... (just thinking out loud here) ... each sister has full super-powers as long as she's the only one using them -- but when another sister puts on her suit, their powers are cut in half, and if all three are wearing their costumes, they only have one-third of their mother's power levels.

Might make for some squabbling and sibling rivalry ...

More
18 Dec 2007 03:48 #11132 by ace191
Replied by ace191 on topic Re: The Supergirl Sisters
Nice to know that I am not the only one who read POS!

And for the record, I never liked that twist.

More
18 Dec 2007 05:10 #11133 by argonaut
Gee, I wasn't thinking of that when I wrote that last message -- in fact, it took me a few moments to remember that POS = Power of Shazam.

If memory serves, though, the writers dropped that "division of power" theme. (Or more likely, it was introduced by one writer, ignored by his successor.)

More
18 Dec 2007 18:15 #11138 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Re: The Supergirl Sisters
Or maybe their powers only manifest themselves when they are touching each other.

That would foster some sisterly togetherness.

Shadar

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
19 Dec 2007 17:17 #11143 by julievelor
Replied by julievelor on topic Re: The Supergirl Sisters
If it's the suits that grant the sisters superpowers, how about this:

Each suit (or part thereof) confers the wearer with a particular ability.

Only by wearing the "flight cape" could a sister fly. With the others, she could only leap over a two-story house. (Or the flight cape allows her to go supersonic and then some, with the others she'd be barely able to catch a Learjet.)

Wearing the "running boots" she could run faster than a speeding bullet. With the others, she might have trouble running down a fleeing Porsche.

Wearing the "strength suit" she could hoist a locomotive over her head with one hand. With the others, she'd have to use both arms to hoist a pickup truck over her head.

Invulnerability, X-ray/heat/telescopic/microscopic vision, etc...

It would take the sisters some time to figure out what does what. And then they'd have to figure out who gets what, or work out a schedule.
"It's my turn with the flight cape! You've had it for three days in a row!"

More
19 Dec 2007 18:47 #11145 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Re: The Supergirl Sisters
So, in the nude they'd barely be able to crush a padlock their hands, bullets would sting a little (especially in the sensitive spots) and they could only fly as fast as a Lear Jet.

Gee... wearing the costume (with all the powers of a Kryptonian) or nude?

A tough choice. <wink>

Shadar

• shadar
More
19 Dec 2007 22:06 #11148 by julievelor
Replied by julievelor on topic Re: The Supergirl Sisters
Well, the basic premise was that it was the suits in the attic that give the sisters superpowers. Sorta like "The Greatest American Hero", even to the point that the suits only work for the sisters.

But yeah, the fact that the powers come with the suits might put a damper on the amount of fun the girls could have with their boyfriends <wink>.

More
20 Dec 2007 08:48 #11155 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Re: The Supergirl Sisters
I have an idea to merge Argo's and Julievelor's proposals.

To put it simple each of the sisters have only a fraction of the original powers (for example they are invulnerable to small arms fire, but an anti-tank rocket can kill them, they can benchpress about 1 metric ton rather then 50, etc.), but each one posses one power (or maybe two) at the original strength. Moreover they can pass each other the powers under certain conditions (your call).

In my opinion, this can produce a good level of rivalry and jealousy between them, but at the same time they have to stick together since if one of them die one or more powers will be lost forever.

More
20 Dec 2007 12:49 #11157 by Brantwood
Replied by Brantwood on topic Re: The Supergirl Sisters
To ace 191 and Argonaut:

Can you say, when could we expect the 2nd issue of " the Supergirl of Smallville " in the Storybank?
I couldn't hardly wait!

Greetings and best wishes for 2008. :wink: :wink:

More
20 Dec 2007 14:36 #11158 by argonaut
Thanks, Brantwood!

I proofread the final draft of Chapter 10 Tuesday night and sent it back to ace. I presume he forwarded it to admin. With luck, it might get posted by Christmas!

More
20 Dec 2007 14:47 #11159 by conceptfan
Replied by conceptfan on topic Re: The Supergirl Sisters
It's not that I want to go against the general grain of the thread so far, what with it being the season of goodwill and all that... Anyway here's my take:

The suits clearly work by projecting power-fields over and through their wearers. And each complete suit gives the wearer a complete set of powers. I know all this because I was a technical assistant in a former life.

Now, everyone knows that projecting power-fields extend for some distance beyond the intended target. Having watched ALL the "science bits" in shampoo commercials, I can confidently state that two such fields, if they were to overlap, would cause a feedback-loop leading to a power-surge (obviously).

This means that, whilst each girl on her own has the full powers of her mother, if two of them are close to each other, the two power-fields would interact, and each girl would have access to the powers of both suits looped (i.e. the power of four suits. Keep up.) So, if they were close to each other, both would be four times more powerful than Mum, meaning their combined strength would be eight times their mother's. Logic dictates that if these two are joined by the third girl, allowing all three power-fields to be in contact, each of the trio would be able to draw on the power of three suits triple-looped, meaning each sister possessing twenty-seven times the power of their mother. If the girls combined their power, they would be 81 times more powerful than Mum.

Let's hope they aren't the kind of siblings who bicker and fight when they get together. Imagine the collateral damage they could cause! Then again, if they do get on well, imagine what they could do if they combined their powers against the rest of the universe...

With that in mind, it would be a terrible shame if the girls' powers didn't work when they were naked. Or even semi-naked. Could they afford to keep their civillian identities? Kryptonians' powers work when they're in disguise. These three sisters will be very very vulnerable out of their costumes. Of course, Mum thought of that. Look closely at the three costumes in Spulo's picture. That particular sheen of the fabric... it's alien technology, centuries ahead of our own. (I know because I once saw a UFO.)

The costumes are made of a special material that can be worn over OR UNDER the skin. In response to a mental command, the costume is "absorbed" by the wearer. In fact, it sinks through the skin. The wearer becomes naked, but the suits is still fully effective. In response to another metal command, the wearer can get "dressed" again, pushing the costume back onto the outside.

By the way, the suits are only activated by being worn by the 3 intended subjects because their functioning is disabled unless it detects a particular DNA signature. (I know THAT because I once went into a dry-cleaners.) It's the ultimate security device for power-field projecting costumes. [Clever Mum? Or just something her ancestors did to "lock" the suits to their descendants forever?] The good thing is that Shadar doesn't have to make the tough choice between costumed and nude and they can have more fun with their boyfriends. And other guys.

Now, someone tell me this: How did Mum decide which of her daughters' costumes would show midriff and which wouldn't?

More
20 Dec 2007 14:58 #11161 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: The Supergirl Sisters
Cool ideas....now if we only had a forum or platform for such a Charm-esque or Smallville-like tale...

Ahem!! www.superwomenmania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1594

AK, good to see/hear from you again! Cheers!

ElF

More
20 Dec 2007 17:09 #11163 by Brantwood
Replied by Brantwood on topic Re: The Supergirl Sisters
Thanks Argonaut for those good news!!
Merry Christmas! :D :D :D

More
21 Dec 2007 01:52 #11166 by ace191
Replied by ace191 on topic Re: The Supergirl Sisters
According to my most realiable sources (crystal and eight balls), look for it
manana en la manana! And thanks for the interest! We have been working on this chapter way too long, but in the end, I hope everyone will think that it was worth the wait.

More
21 Dec 2007 16:45 #11170 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: The Supergirl Sisters
"The Supergirl of Smallville" Chapter 10 is now in the SWM StoryBank.

See the announcement in the StoryBank thread for a special seasonal greeting from Team Acenaut.

admin.

More
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds