Amount

RPG

19 Dec 2009 15:32 #17764 by yaracyrrah
RPG was created by yaracyrrah
No one was interested last time, but: once again I find myself in the mood to run a role-playing game, so if anyone is interested in playing, post here or PM me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• yaracyrrah
  • yaracyrrah's Avatar Topic Author
More
20 Dec 2009 09:20 #17773 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Re: RPG
As I saidlast time I could be interested, but I need a little more details before starting. Like:

- how many super characters
- how powerful they are
- etc.

More
21 Dec 2009 02:56 #17790 by yaracyrrah
Replied by yaracyrrah on topic Re: RPG
And as I said last time, I don't know and I don't care :-). Whatever the player or players want is fine with me.

• yaracyrrah
  • yaracyrrah's Avatar Topic Author
More
04 May 2010 17:37 #18958 by Daphne
Replied by Daphne on topic Re: RPG
I've tried it before. Enjoyed the heck out of playing, but running the thing and being the GM was hard.

Love to play, if someone else wants to do the heavy lifting.

Daphne

More
04 May 2010 18:02 #18959 by eavatar
Replied by eavatar on topic Re: RPG
Set the rules, preferentially a well recognized rpg system

Going ahead is the only one way to go to the future.

More
07 May 2010 10:36 #18997 by Lastleaf
Replied by Lastleaf on topic Re: RPG

I've tried it before. Enjoyed the heck out of playing, but running the thing and being the GM was hard.

Love to play, if someone else wants to do the heavy lifting.

Daphne

Are you Daphne Orgone?

More
07 May 2010 17:56 #18999 by oldHarmonyMotion
Replied by oldHarmonyMotion on topic Re: RPG
I'm interested, but I have no idea what it entails

• oldHarmonyMotion
More
22 May 2010 05:18 #19146 by Rangoon
Replied by Rangoon on topic Re: RPG
Coming out of longtime lurker-dom to express interest. I could probably be persuaded to run something like this with Mutants and Masterminds 2E rules if there was sufficient interest. Wouldn't be a big deal if you weren't familiar. RPG-seekers, put your hands up if you would, and let me know about your expectations / what you'd like to see in such a game.

More
24 May 2010 12:38 #19162 by Daphne
Replied by Daphne on topic It is me
Yes, Lastleaf. I'm Daphne Orgone. Actually, that's a fictional name I use to protect my real life identity, but I'm pretty consistent about using it. For online purposes, yes, I'm Daphne.

More
26 May 2010 21:39 #19180 by eavatar
Please mr ragoon! run it for us!

More
27 May 2010 09:40 #19182 by Woodclaw
As a long time role player I'm very interested in a possible game.

My only doubt - and it's a big one - is how to handle thing, will everyone play a super-character? or there will be some supers and some normals? or maybe just one super NPC and the rest of us to play the supporting cast?

More
27 May 2010 22:32 #19183 by eavatar
Why don't we do a "role reversal"? A world where the supers are the girls majorly and few less powerful males.

We even can "twist" a regular super hero universe

More
28 May 2010 02:28 #19186 by Captain Marbles
Replied by Captain Marbles on topic Re: RPG
What about villains?

More
28 May 2010 08:39 #19187 by eavatar
Why not the same rule as above, but let remember there are really powerful bad girls on the comics now, so the same rule could apply to guys here

More
29 May 2010 04:49 #19192 by Rangoon
Thanks for keeping this alive, guys!
I'm thinking we'll roll with something more or less like eavatar described above. In the game-universe, there will be multiple super characters, but the vast, vast majority of the will be women. Something about the universe (which you can discover if you choose to investigate) empowers women far more frequently than it does men. As far as origin stories are concerned, essentially anything from mutant to science experiment to Amazon to alien is OK by me. Keep in mind, though, that I'm planning for a world in which public super-powers have only been around for about two years. Most superwomen have only had their powers for that long at most, so if your character had his/hers before then, they kept it a secret.

I'm open to all kinds of character concepts--I'll find a way to fit most folks who want to participate into the story. If you want to play a superheroine, there's definitely room for you. If you want to play a supporting-cast role (boyfriend? sidekick? Iron Woman suit repair guy?) you'll have a place as well. Supervillains may have a tougher time getting plot attention but will have chances to lock horns with heroines.

Of course, if no one's down to play a heroine, we can create a different kind of game entirely. Until then, though, assume we'll be telling our story in a female-empowered world, with prominent heroines, villains and neutral supers constantly in the public eye.

Basically I'm very open to player input. Tell me, either here or over PM, what kind of character you'd like to play and we'll go from there.

More
29 May 2010 13:28 #19194 by Daphne
I'm interested and could do either superheroine or a supervillainess. The latter's actually a bit more appealing at the moment, or at least a superheroine type who's got some issues and isn't all peaches and cream.

Beyond that, I'm REALLY interested in seeing how this gets set up and what sort of balance of characters everyone wants to play. When I tried it myself, it wasn't at all what I'd expected.

Unfortunately, I can no longer get through to this board through the firewall on weekdays, so, while I can check it on my cell phone, typing any replies sucks.

If anyone wants to reach me, try me at superdaph@gmail.com

Daphne

More
29 May 2010 19:17 #19195 by Woodclaw
Count me in, but be warned that I live in Italy, so there might be time zone issues.

As for the character I have to think about it a little.

I'm interested and could do either superheroine or a supervillainess. The latter's actually a bit more appealing at the moment, or at least a superheroine type who's got some issues and isn't all peaches and cream.

I think that is quite a general sentiment.

More
30 May 2010 18:22 #19197 by Skye
Replied by Skye on topic Re: RPG
I'd give it a try, too. But in any chatbased game there might be some time zone issues as with Anon, since I'm from (and in) Germany.

More
30 May 2010 18:28 #19198 by Rangoon
If the experience you're looking for is more morally grey than four-color, Daph and Anon, we'll try to keep the peaches-and-cream to a minimum. You're welcome to play superhumans without a specific moral affiliation, too, so you can do heroic or villainous things as you see fit.

Time zone people won't have to worry as I don't envision playing through this as a chat-based game. Most likely it will be play-by-post similar to the interactive stories already featured on the site. Does that work for everybody?

Eager to hear details on character types, origins, powers, etc. from those interested. Thanks all!

More
30 May 2010 22:41 #19200 by Daphne
I'd very much like it if it wasn't chat based. Any play by post thing would work, but i'm partial to yahoo groups (can post by email there as well).

Google docs is really cool to use in connection with that kind of stuff.

Someplace other than here (nothing person) would be great since I can't access it all from work.

I'm thinking on characters as we speak.

D

More
31 May 2010 19:47 #19213 by eavatar
How about googlewave? It works more or less with like google docs, but you can add things, edit dialogs etc etc etc

More
03 Jul 2010 02:32 #19646 by Rangoon
Replied by Rangoon on topic Yahoo Group
Hey RPGers, sorry for the delay. Things should be up and running more smoothly in a couple of weeks.

'Till then I've set up a Yahoo group where we can discuss our ideas for the game. You'll need to apply in order to join, but that's no problem: just send along a message expressing interest and I'll approve you. Once you're in we'll start talking about the setting and characters--I'll post my own notes once I have them collected.

The group is here:
groups.yahoo.com/group/PowerWomenRPG/
It's bare-bones now; I hope to have it prettied up ASAP.

Thanks,
R

More
03 Jul 2010 15:06 #19652 by eavatar
already sent the request

More
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds