Amount

NEW STORY: Chronicle 2012

13 Sep 2012 14:33 - 13 Sep 2012 14:33 #28552 by lfan
NEW STORY: Chronicle 2012 was created by lfan
In case you didn't notice it, there is a new story from DKC titled Chronicle 2012 now in the Library! It's typical (and I mean that in a good way) DKC-fare, chock full of uberness....

DKC's brief forward about seeing the movie really hit home with me as well, in that none of the characters were girls in the movie. When I heard there was to be a sequel (in development now), I thought a good idea would be the whole gender-spin (ala the in-development Femme Expendables ) on the thing with three new girls getting the powers, but alas we're left disappointed again with anyone whose last name is apparently not Whedon...

“Interviewer: So why do you write these strong female characters?
Joss Whedon: Because you’re still asking me that question.”

Anyways, go read Chronicle 2012 and leave some feedback!

ElF
Last edit: 13 Sep 2012 14:33 by lfan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 Sep 2012 17:09 #28562 by Camille Jones
Replied by Camille Jones on topic NEW STORY: Chronicle 2012
I liked it a lot in the sense that the girls were in the same situation. Only one of them decided to do the opposite of what I wanted to do when I started discovering about my powers.

It is a good read after all, though I was left a bit confused with the whole rewind thing at the end. Was it some sort of power that she had or what caused her to go back in time? Can anyone clarify that for me?

You'd think that superspeed would make me more punctual, huh?

More
13 Sep 2012 19:54 #28565 by smoki07
Replied by smoki07 on topic NEW STORY: Chronicle 2012
I liked the story i didn't understand the ending too. My native language is not english so it is not easy. Did Kylie survive and travel back in time to kill Suzie and Mel or give the same powers as hers?

More
13 Sep 2012 22:52 #28570 by Caylane
Replied by Caylane on topic NEW STORY: Chronicle 2012
I liked the entire story but if you were going off the movie. I don't know but to me Suzie seemed like the one that would go power hungry as she was the shy type I guess? Much like Andrew was in the film.

More
13 Sep 2012 23:09 - 13 Sep 2012 23:09 #28571 by jumperprime
Replied by jumperprime on topic NEW STORY: Chronicle 2012

smoki07 wrote: I liked the story i didn't understand the ending too. My native language is not english so it is not easy. Did Kylie survive and travel back in time to kill Suzie and Mel or give the same powers as hers?

Looks to me like Kylie went back in time to the morning after the blast that infused them with power, before they actually got super. I think she wanted to do things right this time, without ruining everything by robbing a bank and jewelery store. The robberies were what turned Mel against her, and once Mel was dead, Kylie had to kill Suzie before she reached full power because Suzie would've done everything possible to take her down once she found out Kylie had killed Mel. This time around, Kylie won't ruin things like that. I really hope DKC is planning a part 2 cuz I'd really like to see more of these supergirls, especially Suzie enjoying living out her comic book fantasy once she reaches full power.
Last edit: 13 Sep 2012 23:09 by jumperprime. Reason: typo

More
14 Sep 2012 04:41 #28574 by d_k_c
Replied by d_k_c on topic NEW STORY: Chronicle 2012
Hey guys, thanks for the comments.
To answer a few of those questions, originally Suzie was supposed to be the one that turns bad, and I think it would have worked. I don’t know why I changed it up.
As for the back in time thing…Well, to talk out of my ass…Tachyons, if they even exist, travel back in time. So when she gathered all these tachyons and went critical then exploded. The explosion was comprised mainly of tachyons which began reversing time…..Sigh…Or maybe ive watched too much Startrek, personally Im glad I didn’t explain it that way. Rather…I went with...shes a God, she can do what she wants…And before she died, this is what she did ,)
As for the rest, JumperPrime, you nailed it. Kylie is taking them both to the sun so that all 3 of them can bask in those powers.
As for a sequel….I wouldn’t rule it out.
Thanks again

More
14 Sep 2012 04:48 #28575 by Camille Jones
Replied by Camille Jones on topic NEW STORY: Chronicle 2012
Hmm, it is a lot different than the movie, that's for sure. However, I think that is a good thing.

Now I'm rather curious as if there were more meteors out there and if there were other women that were affected by it. I would definitely love to see a sequel.

You'd think that superspeed would make me more punctual, huh?

More
14 Sep 2012 07:03 #28580 by Caylane
Replied by Caylane on topic NEW STORY: Chronicle 2012
I do have to say D_K_C next to the Serena series, this is one of my favorite stories in the entire site. I really look forward to a 2nd part if you are going to do it. And if you ever need a beta reader I'm always available! :)

More
14 Sep 2012 07:54 #28581 by Lulu
Replied by Lulu on topic NEW STORY: Chronicle 2012
I really loved the story. My compliments, you have created another well done d_k_c supergirl story. I don't know the movie, but maybe so the plot twist at the end was even more unexpected. Looking forward to the next part.

More
14 Sep 2012 08:07 #28583 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic NEW STORY: Chronicle 2012
I havent' watched the movie, but the story is pretty cool, nice work.

More
15 Sep 2012 20:29 - 15 Sep 2012 20:36 #28619 by supian
Replied by supian on topic NEW STORY: Chronicle 2012

Lulu wrote: I really loved the story. My compliments, you have created another well done d_k_c supergirl story. I don't know the movie, but maybe so the plot twist at the end was even more unexpected. Looking forward to the next part.

Yeah I like the story and the ending and it would be good to see a continuation. I can see the girls, (or at least Kylie) over time falling out again but this time they'll be on an equal footing and the sh*t might really hit the fan....
Last edit: 15 Sep 2012 20:36 by supian.

More
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds