Amount

Question about Women Vampires

17 Nov 2014 17:10 #39027 by palpatine
Question about Women Vampires was created by palpatine
For whats the Women vampires have superstrenght? is strange Dracula have the force of Ten men not 1000 .And Carmilla have not superstrenght.Where does this strange ideas? and that is the origin?If you watch the old Hammer Movie the Dracula Brides have not .And men with a minimum of courage has the ability to kill this creatures

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• palpatine
  • palpatine's Avatar Topic Author
More
18 Nov 2014 00:16 #39033 by clipfreak
Replied by clipfreak on topic Question about Women Vampires
Interesting question, don't now when it started but I sure like it :) Especially when they use the older the stronger rule.

In average I think most modern vampire media uses a factor of 5-10 or so although they seem to often break their own canon on such things by displaying baby vamps doing very tough things, but you wont hear me complaining about such things.

The oldest things I can remember using the super strong (female) vamps are from the 80s so it isn't that new of a trend though.

More
18 Nov 2014 05:37 #39034 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Question about Women Vampires
Well Carmilla being really the first modern story is in someways a very traditional one-the emphasis isn't so much on what carmilla can do, but the fact that shes a dead woman who is rising from the grave to seduce unexpected woman-its a touch of a ghost story.

Though we have stuff like Vampyre, the real modern vampire is defined by dracula. And i would argue its less that hes 10 x or 1000x times...hes more as the situations warants. As some one who writes these stories can tell you...super strength is a power that is actually kind of tricky to do-hey hes lifting a car, or a bending bars...but well when do you need that skill? Strength tends not to be draculas big power-its flight, its control of animals its claws-its other stuff. Its his M.O

This is further emphasised-that almost al female l vampires are presented as seductresses-they use there femine whiles, or magically enduced femine whiles more then there strength. However going back to stuff like Draculas Daughter its always suggested thats kind of what they do-they could toss cars around if you need, or fight and kill people-but well its easier to kiss them instead. Many male vampires do the same-but well this is where we get the term vamp.

However in recent years you see a bit of this changing-i think the train started off with stuff like innocent blood, but then you got Movies Like Razor Blade Smiles, The Underworld movies etc-Even stuff like twilight more then you give them credit do show stuff like this off. I would argue to a degree that your more often see female vampires as badasses today. However when its done they tend to be kind of quick agile fighters then bruisers-but well agian. Thats the Vampire M.O.

Castor
The following user(s) said Thank You: palpatine

More
18 Nov 2014 12:09 #39039 by palpatine
Replied by palpatine on topic Question about Women Vampires
Im great fan of Vampires Movies and i assure you the modern Femals Vampires have superstrenght ( In the movie remake Frigh tnight 2) the Vampire stop a Car and i no understand. I prefers the old hammer movies with Cushing and Lee .By nature Vampires prefers seduction or Terrors and have félines attitude (I my memory is good the fisrt Woman Vampire with superstrenght is present in the Kolchak the Night Stalker Serie) She throathlift a guy. For whats sudenly the guy of cinema and series decided to inclure superstrenght for femals vampires? Is a mistery for me . I agree with You vampires have other capacity for capture theirs evantual victims.
The Vampires is obsessed by blood ( i writte just about women because is the site) a femals vampire in the the Golden age feel agiles , seductress but not really intelligents ( the proof never she anticipated a guy a possibility to trap her? after millenium or centuries of existence she continue to fall in the trap of Crucifix, Holy Water etc.Never she learn?)

Conclusion .Before Seventeen the Women Vampires have not Supertrenght and After yes .is this is an enigma for me.

• palpatine
  • palpatine's Avatar Topic Author
More
18 Nov 2014 13:48 #39044 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Question about Women Vampires

palpatine wrote: Im great fan of Vampires Movies and i assure you the modern Femals Vampires have superstrenght ( In the movie remake Frigh tnight 2) the Vampire stop a Car and i no understand. I prefers the old hammer movies with Cushing and Lee .By nature Vampires prefers seduction or Terrors and have félines attitude (I my memory is good the fisrt Woman Vampire with superstrenght is present in the Kolchak the Night Stalker Serie) She throathlift a guy. For whats sudenly the guy of cinema and series decided to inclure superstrenght for femals vampires? Is a mistery for me . I agree with You vampires have other capacity for capture theirs evantual victims.
The Vampires is obsessed by blood ( i writte just about women because is the site) a femals vampire in the the Golden age feel agiles , seductress but not really intelligents ( the proof never she anticipated a guy a possibility to trap her? after millenium or centuries of existence she continue to fall in the trap of Crucifix, Holy Water etc.Never she learn?)

Conclusion .Before Seventeen the Women Vampires have not Supertrenght and After yes .is this is an enigma for me.

Like any myth, story and other fictional cnstruct the representation of vampires varied wildly over time sometimes in a rather incoherent way. Just for the sake of example Dracula's trademark high collar cape wasn't part of the original character design, it was introduced as a theatre prop to make the scenes where the count transformed and disappeared easier to make (the actor would simply turn around while in dim light and the cape would hide him completly).
The subject of vampiric strength is a rather varied one, while Stocker implied a level of superhuman strength in his book, the effective extent was never clear. Over time as the figure of the vampire become more "solid" and evelved from being an enigmatic monster from ancient times into a more corporeal threat this aspect was accentuated.

More
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds