Amount:

That Weird Powers That I've Never Got

12 May 2018 05:27 #59455 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic That Weird Powers That I've Never Got

willow wrote:

Monty wrote:
I agree with the no reaction to bullets not quite fitting, but I thought this scene from Super-Ex worked with Jenny grimacing and feeling some backlash from an onslaught of shots, albeit,from a very powerful sub-machine gun Not the best film, but it had it's moments...

Yeah, the film was a missed opportunity at some good superhero parody wrapped around a romantic comedy. The world should have been filled with superheroes (and supervillains) that everyone adores like your standard DC comic. However, the main character quickly learns that G-Girl and the other supers all have their quirks and insecurities when the cameras are not looking at them saving the world. Or even funnier, it is right in front of their eyes but everyone is so enamored with these super-powered heroes that they gloss over the bad parts. Maybe even add in a superhero-version of TMZ, paparazzi, and tabloid press for even more humor.

As the movie stands, it is one of those "Eh, it's ok but not memorable beyond the unique shtick of a super-powered crazy ex-girlfriend."

The movie was a bit goofy, but it did have some great portrayals of iconic superwoman-style scenes.

1) The lifting the car on her back and flying it the police station, where she drops it to land on its nose at the front door. Then flies down to land on its wheels. (Her coming in for a landing proves how impractical skirts are for flying women.) , The special effects were unfortunately pretty crude

2) The sub-machine gun blasting her and then the way she runs ahead of the guy and grabs his gun to bend it in half.

3) Her revealing her true self and then, as a "special request", she changes into an exotic caped outfit.

4) And who can forget the air sex that came next. It was done in a humorous and silly way, but where have you ever seen a live-action special-effects scene featuring air sex and her losing control and falling during orgasm?

5) Sex in a bed where the bed crashes through the wall when she's on top and doing her thing.

6) The flashback scene to her enhancement as a teenager when she touched the meteor rock. The braces pop off her now perfect teeth, her hair turns blonde and she develops large, perky boobs, all in seconds.

There are many more scenes like that, almost all of them humorous takes on the kind of scenes you find in superwoman fan fiction. You know, like the stuff we write.

The whole movie was a fan-fiction parody.

Shadar
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ravens_ghost, Agent00Soul, Monty

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jul 2018 06:24 #60425 by oogber
Replied by oogber on topic That Weird Powers That I've Never Got
As far as movies go, it was pretty mediocre. As far as our fetish goes, OMG it is the best thing ever
The following user(s) said Thank You: shadar, Agent00Soul, Monty

More
30 Jul 2018 12:32 #60430 by Monty
Replied by Monty on topic That Weird Powers That I've Never Got

oogber wrote: As far as movies go, it was pretty mediocre. As far as our fetish goes, OMG it is the best thing ever

Absolutely agree.

More
30 Jul 2018 20:11 #60432 by shadar

oogber wrote: As far as movies go, it was pretty mediocre. As far as our fetish goes, OMG it is the best thing ever

It was like they studied superheroine fan fiction and identified the commonest themes and made sure they used them all. The list I put up below is only a fraction of what is actually in the movie. 

More
31 Jul 2018 00:00 #60433 by shadar
And there's always this...

and this:

Shadar
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raa, Agent00Soul

More
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds