Amount

All For Me and a few other stories

02 Sep 2018 10:58 #60916 by Furlough
All For Me and a few other stories was created by Furlough
Hello everyone,

Recently I've decided to spend some time writing up a handful of new stories for this site. "All For Me", which just published, was the first of them. The whole concept for it was initially just based around the idea of a creative way to get around the classic "no wishing for more wishes" rule, but I like to think the final product bears a lot of inspiration from MrGreyMan's "Saintly Perfect Goddess" and Dru's "Not the One", and perhaps a few others.

Beyond that, I've started work on three more planned stories so far, none of which have a final title yet:
- A guy in love with two sisters he's friends with, too timid to confess to either one for fear of ruining their friendship, has his dilemma solved by a little reality-bending magic. This one is pure wish fulfillment and will probably end up the shortest.
- A haughty office worker steals a mysterious parcel from one of her superiors, unleashing a mysterious energy that empowers her and others, then figures out how to use it to empower herself further. This one fits neatly into the "wicked protagonist uses her wiles and powers to get away with everything" kind of story, with a bit of a twist. Looking back at the start of it was what got me to plot the rest of these stories out, as I thought her character made the leap from "saucy" to "cackling power-mad villainess" a little too quickly. A brief scene was posted as a teaser in the SWM discord a little while back.
- A collection of mostly disconnected (with exceptions) flash-fiction stories with a variety of premises, with a central theme I think you all can figure out.

If I manage to keep up a good pace, most of these should be done by the end of next week.
I'd love to hear any feedback/thoughts y'all might have on these. I'm also curious as to whether there'd be any interest in continuation/return to any stories I might have done in the past— I'm normally not too keen on series/multi-part stories, but I've been thinking the world of "Covetous" could lend itself to expansion and exploration a lot better than most of the stuff I've done.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SHTL, Sarge395, Kamelmann, ChaozCloud, furbutt4, CANNNNIS, tranquinha, cwmoss, Allgirlsaresuper

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Furlough
  • Furlough's Avatar Topic Author
More
02 Sep 2018 15:18 #60918 by veggicidal
Replied by veggicidal on topic All For Me and a few other stories
Sounds fun. Got a URL?

More
03 Sep 2018 00:35 #60921 by Furlough
Replied by Furlough on topic All For Me and a few other stories

veggicidal wrote: Sounds fun. Got a URL?

The story I've just published is right  here  on the site, the one I referenced for possible continuation is  this one .

The rest are in progress at the moment, though  this  is the teaser I mentioned for the middle one.

• Furlough
  • Furlough's Avatar Topic Author
More
03 Sep 2018 03:38 #60922 by Bolt527
Replied by Bolt527 on topic All For Me and a few other stories
For sure you should continue Covetous. I liked the direction you were going in with Denise Vinci. What better story than 2 non-aligned characters going up against a truly evil Supergirl? It would really draw the contrasts out and help develop their characters; and be really fun to read, and presumably to write. 

More
03 Sep 2018 04:54 #60923 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic All For Me and a few other stories

Bolt527 wrote: For sure you should continue Covetous. I liked the direction you were going in with Denise Vinci. What better story than 2 non-aligned characters going up against a truly evil Supergirl? It would really draw the contrasts out and help develop their characters; and be really fun to read, and presumably to write. 

I second Bolt's comments.  I would also love to hear about the continuing hijinks of Cindy and Viv in Covetous.  Was such a great story.....

ElF

More
04 Sep 2018 01:00 #60934 by Revan
Replied by Revan on topic All For Me and a few other stories
Third! 

Really enjoyed that story, and although it's tough to write a challenging plot once the omnipotence button has been used I still hope to see more stories in this setting. 

More
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds