Amount

Substance abuse

02 Jan 2020 03:35 #66173 by Thefirstone
Substance abuse was created by Thefirstone
An idea that just occurred to me: I feel like a superwoman who smokes/drinks/whatever because she enjoys the fact that it can’t effect her (negatively at least) would be an interesting detail.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thefirstone
  • Thefirstone's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
More
02 Jan 2020 04:06 #66174 by BrokenIron
Replied by BrokenIron on topic Substance abuse
That is an interesting idea and maybe it could be part of her secret identity.  She smokes, drinks, and eats like a horse. 

More
02 Jan 2020 13:09 #66180 by slim36
Replied by slim36 on topic Substance abuse
That would be perfect for a "Poison Ivy" character.  Unaffected by chemicals she could shamelessly promote them.   Could demonstrate using it like that classic carnival game worker that makes it look easy, luring others to play.

More
02 Jan 2020 14:26 #66181 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Substance abuse

Thefirstone wrote: An idea that just occurred to me: I feel like a superwoman who smokes/drinks/whatever because she enjoys the fact that it can’t effect her (negatively at least) would be an interesting detail.

Well, several authors included details like this in their stories (usually linked to drinking). In particular I remmber one entry by G7, dealing with an alternate reality version of Supergirl using some kind of hypnotic power to get a bartender to serve her one of everything.

More
02 Jan 2020 20:35 #66193 by lowerbase
Replied by lowerbase on topic Substance abuse
I have a half-written trainwreck supergirl (or super villainess?) story on this:

A homeless crack-addicted girl is taken as rat-lab by two researchers (who thought that could control her by her addiction)

She becomes all-beautiful, all-powerful, but still addicted to drugs. Since the drugs have no 'negative' effects on her, no downside, no hangover, it only gives her the 'positive', she wants more and more, and ends to hunt drug lords (or release them from jail) to feed her increasing larger mountains of cocaine and crack

I ended to use this premise on another story 
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, pwnmawn, wf711022

More
02 Jan 2020 23:48 #66202 by barber
Replied by barber on topic Substance abuse
Lowerbase - can that girl be a vignette in killer legs 6? Really want to hear more about linzy

More
03 Jan 2020 06:36 #66208 by Thefirstone
Replied by Thefirstone on topic Substance abuse

lowerbase wrote: I have a half-written trainwreck supergirl (or super villainess?) story on this:

A homeless crack-addicted girl is taken as rat-lab by two researchers (who thought that could control her by her addiction)

She becomes all-beautiful, all-powerful, but still addicted to drugs. Since the drugs have no 'negative' effects on her, no downside, no hangover, it only gives her the 'positive', she wants more and more, and ends to hunt drug lords (or release them from jail) to feed her increasing larger mountains of cocaine and crack

I ended to use this premise on another story 

Sounds familiar somehow.

• Thefirstone
  • Thefirstone's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
More
03 Jan 2020 10:00 #66210 by SHTL
Replied by SHTL on topic Substance abuse
Please finish this story because I really like this plot !

More
03 Jan 2020 20:35 - 03 Jan 2020 20:38 #66216 by lowerbase
Replied by lowerbase on topic Substance abuse

barber wrote: Lowerbase - can that girl be a vignette in killer legs 6? Really want to hear more about linzy

yes, it is her on there.

on the next vignette she will start end the world party, a super-high, super-drunk amazon blonde with the powers of Superman having the time of her life

and also vignettes of a super-judge executing all corrupt politicians around the world. and a venezuelan supergirl declaring war on US. and a righteous christian super-supergirl fulfilling the prophecy about the apocalypse

it is 2020 in a nutshell

I have the whole story in my head, I just need to seat and write it all down.
Last edit: 03 Jan 2020 20:38 by lowerbase.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChaozCloud

More
03 Jan 2020 23:21 #66220 by Klaus
Replied by Klaus on topic Substance abuse
Velorians seem to enjoy big feasts, but I think that's more about maintaining their superhuman bodies rather then any hedonistic impulses.

More
04 Jan 2020 00:14 - 04 Jan 2020 00:15 #66221 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Substance abuse

Klaus wrote: Velorians seem to enjoy big feasts, but I think that's more about maintaining their superhuman bodies rather then any hedonistic impulses.

They eat enough food for twenty people, but as Klaus says, supposedly not for hedonistic reasons. But watching the way they enjoy eating, I'm not so sure about that. They'd find that dining with Hobbits would be very fine. 

As far as weed goes, they are also as fond of it as Hobbits, which is to say very, very fond. Unlike alcohol and nearly all drugs, which they are immune to, weed is as enjoyable for them as it is for Hobbits... and this author. 

Shadar

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 04 Jan 2020 00:15 by shadar.

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
04 Jan 2020 15:16 #66232 by Klaus
Replied by Klaus on topic Substance abuse
Like most people under 30 who have been to collage, Jasmine has experienced weed.

She might be reluctant to share it with Hilda, as Vels seem to take insatiable as a challenge and not a label.

More
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds