Amount

Mixing Genres

08 Jan 2020 06:33 #66297 by Thefirstone
Mixing Genres was created by Thefirstone
What do you think about that?  Say, a superwoman in a fantasy world or a space opera setting?  Or a spy story, or historical fiction? (Etc, etc.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: HikerAngel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thefirstone
  • Thefirstone's Avatar Topic Author
More
08 Jan 2020 08:24 - 08 Jan 2020 08:25 #66298 by HikerAngel
Replied by HikerAngel on topic Mixing Genres
Or a young adult sci-fi romance? Or a gumshoe vampire story? Or a tale of revenge? Or a horror story? Or a succubus exorcism tale? Or a story about fame?

Drat! My secret is revealed!

;)
Last edit: 08 Jan 2020 08:25 by HikerAngel.

More
08 Jan 2020 08:47 #66299 by njae
Replied by njae on topic Mixing Genres
I am pretty sure there are examples for all of those to be found in the library. Anterions Sebia comes to mind in terms of fantasy with a superwoman, but it's not alone. And I know Geekseven had a spy story (James Bond variation) and historical fiction with superwomen covered, but he has removed his stuff here.

More
08 Jan 2020 10:18 #66300 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Mixing Genres

njae wrote: I am pretty sure there are examples for all of those to be found in the library. Anterions Sebia comes to mind in terms of fantasy with a superwoman, but it's not alone. And I know Geekseven had a spy story (James Bond variation) and historical fiction with superwomen covered, but he has removed his stuff here.

There was also Super Secret Agent by JKIJ , which is literally a supergirl Bond movie.

More
08 Jan 2020 19:04 - 08 Jan 2020 19:21 #66308 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Mixing Genres

Woodclaw wrote:

njae wrote: I am pretty sure there are examples for all of those to be found in the library. Anterions Sebia comes to mind in terms of fantasy with a superwoman, but it's not alone. And I know Geekseven had a spy story (James Bond variation) and historical fiction with superwomen covered, but he has removed his stuff here.

There was also Super Secret Agent by JKIJ , which is literally a supergirl Bond movie.

I've been writing stuff that crosses over Science Fiction with superwomen for 30+ years.  

Recent examples being EarthRise and SuperTroopers. 

(But I admit that some people don't recognize Science Fiction unless it's derived from a major movie or TV show -- what I call SciFi. My take on stories is more hard Science Fiction with superwomen than a tweaked fan-fiction kind of SciFi.)

One of these days, I'm going to write a series that takes off from where Firefly TV ended, but with either River, Zoe or Inara gaining superstrength/invulnerability-grade superpowers. Sorry Kaylee, I like you as you are. Or maybe Inara being replaced by a Velorian Companion. (Or maybe Saffron returns with those powers!)

But that's heavy lifting to get all the character portrayals and the mixed Chinese dialog right. 

But that would be my ultimate idea of mix-genre fan-fiction. 

Shadar
Last edit: 08 Jan 2020 19:21 by shadar.

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
09 Jan 2020 01:12 #66314 by Agent00Soul
Replied by Agent00Soul on topic Mixing Genres
Lyta, the telepath from Babylon 5, gained super mental powers after visiting Vorlon space.
The following user(s) said Thank You: marcoasalazarm2

More
09 Jan 2020 05:36 #66316 by marcoasalazarm2
Replied by marcoasalazarm2 on topic Mixing Genres
I really miss Geekseven's stuff.

More
09 Jan 2020 06:24 #66317 by Thefirstone
Replied by Thefirstone on topic Mixing Genres

marcoasalazarm2 wrote: I really miss Geekseven's stuff.

?

• Thefirstone
  • Thefirstone's Avatar Topic Author
More
09 Jan 2020 09:51 #66318 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Mixing Genres

Thefirstone wrote:

marcoasalazarm2 wrote: I really miss Geekseven's stuff.

?

When G7 left this community a couple of years ago he asked for all of his stories to be deleted. He also closed his DA page and his personal website.

More
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds