Amount

Random ideas

22 Jan 2020 11:55 #66530 by Thefirstone
Random ideas was created by Thefirstone
May have posted this twice, sorry.

Being the only normal person in a household of superhumans

A heroine being forced to work with a villainess and/or a super mercenary.

Just a super mercenary in general.  A woman who isn’t necessarily good or bad, she just cares about getting paid.  Specific code of behavior optional.

Speaking as an autistic person, autism and super senses could be a very unpleasant combination to live with.

I don’t think “RPG protagonist come to life” is a very common superhero origin.

What kind of world, culturally, would develop from women in general having or for some reason gaining superpowers?

Superwomen in various historical periods.

A woman whose powers burn a massive amount of calories, meaning she needs to eat all the time and changes size and weight as she eats or uses her powers.

A woman without the standard body type in general.

Regardless of which side of the law they’re on, “the Sorority” would be a good team name.

Normal scientists raising a superhuman daughter (who may or may not be their biological daughter and if she is may or may not have been conceived the usual way)

A girl visiting/contacting a supervillainess relative in prison.

A superwoman who, for some reason, actually tries to live a normal life.

The Fair Folk could be a good source of origins.

A chronicle of the various identities an immortal woman has had over the centuries or millennia.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SHTL, shadar, Woodclaw, ChaozCloud, erikphandel, TheOne25, HikerAngel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thefirstone
  • Thefirstone's Avatar Topic Author
More
26 Jan 2020 18:42 #66633 by TheOne25
Replied by TheOne25 on topic Random ideas
How does a superwoman apocalypse sound? I started writing one a really long time ago and I've been thinking of reviving it. But anyway I haven't seen much superwoman apocalypse stories but there was a poem someone had written on the site about guys in hiding from some wicked alien supergirls

More
26 Jan 2020 19:11 #66634 by erikphandel
Replied by erikphandel on topic Random ideas
Thanks a lot for this, I'll be bookmarking this post. I'm sure it will come handy someday

More
26 Jan 2020 19:40 #66636 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Random ideas

TheOne25 wrote: How does a superwoman apocalypse sound? I started writing one a really long time ago and I've been thinking of reviving it. But anyway I haven't seen much superwoman apocalypse stories but there was a poem someone had written on the site about guys in hiding from some wicked alien supergirls

I remember one story in this scenario, where the main girl became more powerful than all the other metahumans of the world combined, but in unleashing her powers she causes a Mad Max style apocalypse.
Also Lustmonster's Wendy series is set after a pseudo nuclear apocalypse.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheOne25

More
26 Jan 2020 19:41 #66637 by HikerAngel
Replied by HikerAngel on topic Random ideas

TheOne25 wrote: How does a superwoman apocalypse sound? I started writing one a really long time ago and I've been thinking of reviving it. But anyway I haven't seen much superwoman apocalypse stories but there was a poem someone had written on the site about guys in hiding from some wicked alien supergirls

Funny you should mention this... ;)

More
26 Jan 2020 20:16 #66638 by Revan
Replied by Revan on topic Random ideas

HikerAngel wrote:

Funny you should mention this... ;)

You and your teasing again! 

More
26 Jan 2020 22:08 - 26 Jan 2020 22:08 #66642 by HikerAngel

Revan wrote: You and your teasing again! 

You know you love it. ;)

hikerangel.com/2020/01/25/starting-work-...another-longer-work/
Last edit: 26 Jan 2020 22:08 by HikerAngel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, Revan, TheOne25

More
26 Jan 2020 22:16 #66643 by Thefirstone
Replied by Thefirstone on topic Random ideas

erikphandel wrote: Thanks a lot for this, I'll be bookmarking this post. I'm sure it will come handy someday

You’re welcome.  I’m flattered.

• Thefirstone
More
29 Jan 2020 02:41 #66648 by clipfreak
Replied by clipfreak on topic Random ideas
I always liked the stories with some kind of virus or drug doing the upgrading.

This is the main reason for my vampire obsession :) as any woman on screen can be 'turned' at any time.

Anyhow I always wondered about some kinda clan war where at least one of the clans only recruits women.

More
29 Jan 2020 11:10 #66649 by Woodclaw

clipfreak wrote: I always liked the stories with some kind of virus or drug doing the upgrading.

This is the main reason for my vampire obsession :) as any woman on screen can be 'turned' at any time.

Anyhow I always wondered about some kinda clan war where at least one of the clans only recruits women.

Speaking of "turned", what about a Captain Universe/OMAC scenario, where any character may become superhuman at a drop of a hat, but only have a limited time as such?

More
04 Feb 2020 01:35 #66681 by YAGS
Replied by YAGS on topic Random ideas

Woodclaw wrote: Speaking of "turned", what about a Captain Universe/OMAC scenario, where any character may become superhuman at a drop of a hat, but only have a limited time as such?

Not quite the entire world, but I already have one story like that in my 21st Century Magic universe:
www.superwomenmania.com/index.php?option...thy-of-me&Itemid=228

One of these years, I may even get around to writing the followup that explains what that was about. I do have a definite plan there, and it's not what you'd expect.

Most of the time, gaining the magic is permanent in that world, though. But my "21st Century Magic: Gotcha!" story features a power stealing character.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395

More
04 Feb 2020 20:39 #66688 by Woodclaw

YAGS wrote:

Woodclaw wrote: Speaking of "turned", what about a Captain Universe/OMAC scenario, where any character may become superhuman at a drop of a hat, but only have a limited time as such?

Not quite the entire world, but I already have one story like that in my 21st Century Magic universe:
www.superwomenmania.com/index.php?option...thy-of-me&Itemid=228

One of these years, I may even get around to writing the followup that explains what that was about. I do have a definite plan there, and it's not what you'd expect.

Most of the time, gaining the magic is permanent in that world, though. But my "21st Century Magic: Gotcha!" story features a power stealing character.

I remember your story pretty well, but I was thinking about something a little different. My idea was that everyone could be super, but nobody would be super forever, as if the "power" moved from to another following the need of the moment or some other ineffable plan...

More
07 Feb 2020 22:59 #66705 by anonxyzus
Replied by anonxyzus on topic Random ideas
I thought of this one after receiving a scam call purportedly from Micro$oft offering to fix a computer update problem:

Adopted Supergirl with elderly parents. She comes home during a college break to discover that her parents were taken in by scammers and lost thousands of dollars. The scammers told her parents that they had violated the tax laws and had to purchase gift cards and give the numbers to the tax authorities (the scammers) to avoid a jail sentence. She vows to get their money back and rid the world of phony  scams.

She tracks down the call centers where the scam calls come from and attacks them, threatening to kill the scammers unless they refund all of her parents money. They do so, then she destroys the call centers, captures the people running them, and extradites them to the U.S. to face trial.
The following user(s) said Thank You: shadar, HikerAngel

More
08 Feb 2020 08:52 #66710 by Woodclaw

anonxyzus wrote: I thought of this one after receiving a scam call purportedly from Micro$oft offering to fix a computer update problem:

Adopted Supergirl with elderly parents. She comes home during a college break to discover that her parents were taken in by scammers and lost thousands of dollars. The scammers told her parents that they had violated the tax laws and had to purchase gift cards and give the numbers to the tax authorities (the scammers) to avoid a jail sentence. She vows to get their money back and rid the world of phony  scams.

She tracks down the call centers where the scam calls come from and attacks them, threatening to kill the scammers unless they refund all of her parents money. They do so, then she destroys the call centers, captures the people running them, and extradites them to the U.S. to face trial.

This sound a bit like a literary revenge.

More
08 Feb 2020 17:00 #66719 by Thefirstone
Come to think of it, what about a Japanese heroine fighting Kaiju?
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheOne25, HikerAngel

• Thefirstone
More
08 Feb 2020 18:44 #66723 by HikerAngel

Thefirstone wrote: Come to think of it, what about a Japanese heroine fighting Kaiju?

How do you have so many good ideas! It's not fair!!! :)

More
08 Feb 2020 19:14 #66724 by Woodclaw

HikerAngel wrote:

Thefirstone wrote: Come to think of it, what about a Japanese heroine fighting Kaiju?

I have a half-baked idea about it, if you're interested.

More
08 Feb 2020 19:21 #66726 by Thefirstone

HikerAngel wrote:

If it makes you feel any better I often have trouble fleshing them out.

• Thefirstone
More
08 Feb 2020 22:48 #66730 by Thefirstone
I’m not preventing anyone else from using them or anything, by the way.

• Thefirstone
More
11 Feb 2020 07:03 #66752 by Thefirstone

Woodclaw wrote:

HikerAngel wrote:

I have a half-baked idea about it, if you're interested.

I am

• Thefirstone
More
20 Mar 2020 23:43 #67220 by ChaozCloud
Replied by ChaozCloud on topic Random ideas
Instead of making a new topic I will post this here. So I was reading through some stories in the library recently and ended up re-reading Supanji. It got me thinking of other movies that could be superfied.

I'm sure most people here has seen or heard of the movie Battle Royale, but for those that haven't a quick synopsis.
A class of kids are kidnapped and put on an island and are forced to kill each other. To aid them in this endeavor they are all give supplies and a random weapon, ranging from a pot lid to a machine gun.

So with that in mind I was thinking a Super Battle Royale.
Where a bunch of people are given random powers, ranging from super strength to underwater breathing or the likes and are then incentivesed to fight each other. Each time someone defeats someone they are given their power/s.

If nothing else I think superfying movies could make a fun workshop theme.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Revan, TheOne25

More
16 Aug 2020 16:05 - 17 Aug 2020 02:23 #68885 by HikerAngel

ChaozCloud wrote: Instead of making a new topic I will post this here. So I was reading through some stories in the library recently and ended up re-reading Supanji. It got me thinking of other movies that could be superfied.

I'm sure most people here has seen or heard of the movie Battle Royale, but for those that haven't a quick synopsis.
A class of kids are kidnapped and put on an island and are forced to kill each other. To aid them in this endeavor they are all give supplies and a random weapon, ranging from a pot lid to a machine gun.

So with that in mind I was thinking a Super Battle Royale.
Where a bunch of people are given random powers, ranging from super strength to underwater breathing or the likes and are then incentivesed to fight each other. Each time someone defeats someone they are given their power/s.

If nothing else I think superfying movies could make a fun workshop theme.

Sort of like Hunger Games but with powers. I love the idea. Would you mind if I used it, ChaozCloud?
Last edit: 17 Aug 2020 02:23 by HikerAngel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChaozCloud, Rjjt456

More
16 Aug 2020 21:03 #68886 by ChaozCloud
Replied by ChaozCloud on topic Random ideas
Go ahead! Looking forward to reading it :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: HikerAngel

More
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds