Amount

March Madness of a Different Kind

05 Mar 2020 19:24 #67071 by lfan
March Madness of a Different Kind was created by lfan
OK, wanted to throw this idea out there which came from a good idea from HikerAngel which spawned from another great idea from Woody.....

Would people be interested in a story contest in the form of a tournament where we pit authors against each other week-to-week (for maybe 3 - 6 weeks)  where the winners advance to the next round to face each other in a tournament format ala March Madness (for those unfamiliar, March Maddness is a huge 68 team basketball tournament here in the States to crown the college champion).

Anyways, we'd have to work out the logistics but, at a high-level, I was thinking:

-- random seeding of authors to face off against each other.
-- after initial posting, 1 weeks for voting, then posting next story.  We can work out the timing BUT it will be rather fast turnaround for the authors if they win
-- no word limit but a word minimum of 1-2K
-- since the word count is rather short, stories can "continue" into the next round.  That will avoid initial "setup" needed.  Of course, you can start a new story if you want from scratch
-- topic will be really broad -- basically anything with an ubergirl.  I was thinking you just had to use the word MARCH, MADNESS or BASKETBALL in every entry
-- winners advance based on the poll voting
-- I was thinking we need a MINIMUM of 8 people to commit
-- In the event of an "odd" number of entrants, we would do random "byes"....yes, I know.....not entirely fair but those are the breaks!
-- Anyone that misses a week, forfeits their "game"  (yes, I know things come up)

Anyways, we'd love to hear comments on interest in it and if you would consider committing, at least for the first week.  1-2K words doesn't take that much time and everyone will be scrambling anyways.  What say y'all?

ElF
The following user(s) said Thank You: fats, Woody, HikerAngel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • SWM - Administrator
  • SWM - Administrator
More
05 Mar 2020 19:32 #67072 by HikerAngel
Replied by HikerAngel on topic March Madness of a Different Kind
You already know I'm up for it... ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan

More
05 Mar 2020 22:06 - 05 Mar 2020 22:07 #67078 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic March Madness of a Different Kind
I love this idea, but I'd last two rounds and then I'm guessing I'd run out of time...   ...so the only way I could enter is if I made sure I was eliminated in the first round which seems likely so I'm in only if you are desperate for an 8th.  Hopefully there are 8 authors with something already cooking they can break up.

Project Super Woman
SFX Laden Video Shorts and Digital Comics Featuring Super Heroines
www.projectsuperwoman.com

Home of Mindy Marvel, Super Michaela, Domina, E-Girl, Bionica, Power Play, Amp, Superheroines & Super Villains.
Last edit: 05 Mar 2020 22:07 by Random321.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, HikerAngel

• Random321
  • Uberposter of Distinction
  • Uberposter of Distinction
  • Project Super Woman
More
06 Mar 2020 01:20 #67083 by Gincognifo
Replied by Gincognifo on topic March Madness of a Different Kind

Random321 wrote: I love this idea, but I'd last two rounds and then I'm guessing I'd run out of time...   ...so the only way I could enter is if I made sure I was eliminated in the first round which seems likely so I'm in only if you are desperate for an 8th.  Hopefully there are 8 authors with something already cooking they can break up.

You can always guarantee a loss by adding the last line "And then she woke up and it was all a dream..." to your story.

But what if both authors do that?

More
06 Mar 2020 09:40 #67091 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic March Madness of a Different Kind

Gincognifo wrote:

Random321 wrote: I love this idea, but I'd last two rounds and then I'm guessing I'd run out of time...   ...so the only way I could enter is if I made sure I was eliminated in the first round which seems likely so I'm in only if you are desperate for an 8th.  Hopefully there are 8 authors with something already cooking they can break up.

You can always guarantee a loss by adding the last line "And then she woke up and it was all a dream..." to your story.

But what if both authors do that?

What if that is the theme? ;) :P

Anyway I'm in.

(formerly Anon, still Librarian)

"What is the point of having free will if one cannot occasionally spit in the eye of destiny?" ("Gentleman" John Marcone)

More
06 Mar 2020 12:24 #67097 by Woody
Replied by Woody on topic March Madness of a Different Kind
If you need canon fodder for round 1 I'll help make the numbers up; . 

More
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds